Deep Breathing

A few of you now have now posted about the benefits of "Deep Breathing " exercises 

Anymore info on this ?

What apps do  you use and is there any techniques or type of breathing you do ?

Do you do this everyday and certain times eg mornings ?

Do you get any noticeable benefits from it ? 

Edited by georgegeorgia

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Why would you need an app. IN & OUT is the usual technique.

A few minutes slow deep breathing after waking up seems to lower the initial BP reading down so I can show the Doctor on my app that I am still alive. 555

Edited by KannikaP

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why would you need an app. IN & OUT is the usual technique.

A few minutes slow deep breathing after waking up seems to lower the initial BP reading down so I can show the Doctor on my app that I am still alive. 555

There Is more to it though😄

Just now, georgegeorgia said:

There Is more to it though😄

Yes, there is one where you breathe in for 8 seconds, hold it for 4, then breathe out over 7 seconds.

What a load of cobblers. Causes more stress counting the seconds!

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, there is one where you breathe in for 8 seconds, hold it for 4, then breathe out over 7 seconds.

What a load of cobblers. Causes more stress counting the seconds!

Yes it's cobblers, to reduce anxiety you are meant to deep breath, but if your anxiety drops you will naturally breath deeper, so focus on the cause of anxiety 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

focus on the cause of anxiety 

being called 'diabetes legs' by a mean person? Though I know he doesn't mean to be mean - so it has no affect on me though it must affect him... 

9 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

being called 'diabetes legs' by a mean person? Though I know he doesn't mean to be mean - so it has no affect on me though it must affect him... 

doesn't affect me at all, perhaps if being overweight was more frowned upon we wouldn't have this diabetes epidemic worldwide. As for my anxiety comment, it was something i learnt a long time ago

There are some apps available to help.  The general idea is that it can help to reduce stress.  I originally thought it was just nonsense, but apparently, there’s a real measurable benefit.  

I’ve got an Apple Watch that tracks my health 24/7.  I also have a couple of apps that expand on the analytics.  Everything is tracked. Heart rate variability, blood oxygen levels, wrist temperature, walking, standing, sleep cycles.  It’s a lot deeper than just those metrics, though.  It’s worth looking into.

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

A few of you now have now posted about the benefits of "Deep Breathing " exercises 

Anymore info on this ?

Do you do this everyday and certain times eg mornings ?

Do you get any noticeable benefits from it ? 

I do most of my heavy breathing with my wife, when I am away more then 48 hours I hire an assistant from the Plaza.

Headspace is one great app. Focuses on breathing ++.

Origionally made by a Farang monk, but since he left it has gone a bit woke but still enjoyable though expensive.

One session I now just repeat is 365, where you progress daily thru the 20 min exercises for a year.

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Anymore info on this ?

I'm totally content with just breathing!!!