Cheap houses in Japan

Thinking about buying a house in Japan?

It is not really difficult.

Unlike many other nations, Japan does not require foreigners to have any permanent residency/citizenship.

In today's Japan, millions of Unwanted Houses are in the market.

They can be extremely Cheap.

Or completely Free; for Give Away to someone Who Wants Them.

But they come with some costs.

Like many other nations, the local government charges Property Tax(based upon the market value of the house).

The followings are just a few of the examples for those interested.

Edited by black tabby12345

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Show me a liable house for $1 in Italy ?... one even with running water... 

They are old houses in the country can't show you or give you a link since watched on TV.

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Show me a liable house for $1 in Italy ?... one even with running water... 

You can buy a house in Italy for 1 euro! Several small towns across Italy are selling abandoned houses for the symbolic price of €1 to support redevelopment1. Some of the regions running €1 house schemes include:

1. Emilia-Romagna
  2. Abruzzo
  3. Campania
  4. Sicily
  5. Piedmont
  6. Le Marche
  7. Liguria
  8. Puglia2.

11 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

And if you pay 100% for a house, you own it

Non Thais cannot legally own land in their own name, unless you use trickery

Total nonsense, the real numbers are as follows: there are 1,181,203 expats living in Japan with long-term but not permanent residency rights; these are those who have been granted a visa for a period of 12 months or more.:coffee1:

4 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Total nonsense, the real numbers are as follows: there are 1,181,203 expats living in Japan with long-term but not permanent residency rights; these are those who have been granted a visa for a period of 12 months or more.:coffee1:

Spare us the wikipedia cr@p

https://www.statista.com/statistics/687809/japan-foreign-residents-total-number/

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What percentage of the girls in Pattaya are from Isaan?

What percentage of the girls in Pattaya are from Japan?

That's what I want to know.

9 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Non Thais cannot legally own land in their own name, unless you use trickery

Land no, homes you can. Even if it's in your wife's name, it's yours also, and you can live there indefinitely. You move, leaving Thailand, it's hers. You sell it, you split the profit.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

And just why are they selling for EU1!!!! Certainly not talking luxury here, are we, Kicks! What would you do with the 15 houses you (should have )bought for EU 1!??? I tend to think you could resell them all for, say, EU15!  Well done!

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, still kicking said:

You can buy a house in Italy for 1 euro! Several small towns across Italy are selling abandoned houses for the symbolic price of €1 to support redevelopment1. Some of the regions running €1 house schemes include:

1. Emilia-Romagna
  2. Abruzzo
  3. Campania
  4. Sicily
  5. Piedmont
  6. Le Marche
  7. Liguria
  8. Puglia2.

No, you need to invest a lot to remodel the houses.

And villages are dead. There's no amenities. No one wants to live there.

Why would you want to live in the middle of nowhere.

Good luck getting to a decent hospital in an emergency. 

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

And just why are they selling for EU1!!!! Certainly not talking luxury here, are we, Kicks! What would you do with the 15 houses you (should have )bought for EU 1!??? I tend to think you could resell them all for, say, EU15!  Well done!

I saw a show on that also. They want people living in them, which means more local economy money. Better that than empty.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

I saw a show on that also. They want people living in them, which means more local economy money. Better that than empty.

Planning on buying a few?

Just now, 2baht said:

Planning on buying a few?

I want to visit Italy, but I'll be moving back to the US. If you could buy a few and sell them it would be worth it, but I think they want you to live there so that's out.

14 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Actually, Natsu isn’t a bad name in Japanese.  It means fall (the season.). I have known several women named Natsuko.  

Natsu is the Japanese word for summer. Aki is the word for fall or autumn.  Both are used in names (Natsuko, Akiko).

16 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Actually, Natsu isn’t a bad name in Japanese.  It means fall (the season.). I have known several women named Natsuko.  

Not to be a bore, but....

"natsu" in Japanese, means "summer".

And it is a common women's name.

19 hours ago, Celsius said:

Funny that you asked! 

So in 2012/2013 I narrowed down my Asian adventure to 2 women. One was a lovely Japanese woman living in outskirts of Tokyo. She invited me and offered marriage. She was lonely, but had 2 half Japanese kids from the previous relationship (an abusive Brit - what's new). So we chatted for almost a year and developed a deep bond. However, I promised myself that I would never get involved with a woman who has kids. And her name was kinda odd - Natsu.... nuts....get it? So who is to say she wasn't the one who's actually crazy.

The second woman was a Thai girl, no kids, good job at Siemens BTS project. The deal breaker was when she sent me a bikini pic of her derriere. Five minutes later I was booking my ticket. The day after I landed we met at the hotel. No sex. Next day she invited me to her house. Sex. Then she captured me in her house for 2 years until I agreed to marry her. Since I wasn't paying rent I felt guilty and said yes.

The rest is history.

Nice story, ever tried publishing it?

A big group originates in Issan, and most going to Pattaya are looking for the horizontal (vertical also). employment. Some go there invited by friends and work legitimate jobs, or want to meet a tourist for a possible future arrangement.

Edited by fredwiggy

On 8/5/2024 at 3:36 PM, Cameroni said:

Agreed, Japan is ice cold in winter, think 6ft snow walls. Whilst most people rave about Japan who've just gone on holiday, those who live there long term often hate it. Tiny rooms, overcrowding, earthquakes and tsunamis. Nah, I'll stay in Thailand.

I saw just this weekend people getting on the train for work at rush hour there. They were trying to force their way on compartments that were already full. Two railroad helpers actually were pushing the people on to get the door closed.Not a place I would ever stay.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

No, you need to invest a lot to remodel the houses.

And villages are dead. There's no amenities. No one wants to live there.

Why would you want to live in the middle of nowhere.

Good luck getting to a decent hospital in an emergency. 

Yes, this I found that sums it up............

How Much Do 1-Euro Homes in Italy Actually Cost?

While the initial price of these villas and apartments is indeed a steal when they’re sold online or at auction, you’ll notice when you read the fine print that buyers must commit to remodeling the properties and often have a deadline of one to three years to do so. Fees associated with closing the sale are usually in the $5,000 to $6,000 ballpark, and then remodel costs can run the gamut from about $25,000 if you have a construction background and buy a small apartment to $500,000 for bringing in contractors to completely gut and renovate larger spaces.

“[The 1-euro homes] can involve significant investment, often amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars,” Barion says. “These houses are usually on the brink of collapse and suffer from structural issues. Remodeling in Italy is not for the faint of heart.”

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I saw just this weekend people getting on the train for work at rush hour there. They were trying to force their way on compartments that were already full. Two railroad helpers actually were pushing the people on to get the door closed.Not a place I would ever stay.

Could not agree more. The overcrowding in Japan is not to my taste. It is the same in Philipines, people everwhere. When you take a flight you have to queue in giant queues.

I mean I love Japanese culture, food, martial arts, yes please, great people, but to live with them, I do not want to.