Should Biden be added to Rushmore?

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Pelosi thinks he has earned it so it must merit discussion.

Well Ms. Pelosi needs to read this article.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2020/06/26/south-dakota-mount-rushmore-national-memorial-national-park-service-can-add-face/3243967001/

Edited by Moonlover

30 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

That disgusting monstrosity should be dynamited then returned to a more natural appearance if at all possible 

It was a product of a different period in US history.  

If you dynamited Mt Rushmore, you'd have to dynamite the nearby Crazy Horse, which is of a much more recent vintage, when people should know better...

I don't advocate destroying either.  If only for the tourist money.  (BTW, the history of the Crazy Horse Monument is pretty interesting.  Google it...)

Crazy Horse Memorial

Crazy Horse Monument, South Dakota Memorial - AllTrips

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

As a retired US History teacher, I answer NO to adding Biden to Mt Rushmore. 

The monument, with its grand artistry, originally was an attempt to honor the American Heroic Age, with iconic figures.  The earliest two on the left are among my all-time personal heroes. 

But that Heroic Age is long gone.  We are now living in The Age of the Buffoon.  Therefore, only Clowns should be carved into granite to best represent our times. 

I suggest immortalizing, as iconic Clowns from the past century, such eminent jokers as Alfred E. Neuman, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, and Groucho Marx. 

-Zenwind. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1