Brutal assault on Canadian raises serious questions about tourist safety in Pattaya

webfact

10 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Just going by the information in the article and no further research, I would say it sounds like he leaned on a car, someone said get off, and he gave them an attitude and decided it would be a good idea to throw down.  15 guys show up, bang he hits his head, and we have a news story.  I don't see how one can draw conclusions about the entire city from this.  

Nope, just the one security guard who had been told the Canadian guy was trying to break into a car (and it looks suspicious)

A pushing match ensues, where the Canadian fell back and hit his head on the road.

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

It's all been very quiet about the soi 6 security thugs kicking brits in the head whilst on the ground a few months back. Seems these thugs still control soi 6, so good reason to avoid if all it takes to be sent to ICU is lean against a car 😞

Get the whole story before shooting your mouth off...  

"Tourist Police Division 4, Sub-Division 2, brought in Mr. Patipan So-Heng, a 28-year-old security guard from Soi Pattaya 6, for questioning at the Pattaya City Police Station's investigation room.

Mr. Patipan So-Heng, 28, spoke to reporters about the incident, explaining that he was informed by locals about a tourist attempting to break into a car. When the car owner confronted the tourist, the latter became aggressive. Mr. Patipan intervened to check the situation, but the tourist refused to cooperate and pushed him against a car. In response, Mr. Patipan pushed back. The tourist then tried to advance again, prompting Mr. Patipan to push him once more, causing the tourist to fall and hit his head on the ground.

Mr. Patipan stressed that eyewitnesses did not see the entire incident from the beginning and misunderstood the situation. He attempted to explain to the tourist, but the tourist ran away. Upon seeing news reports of the incident, Mr. Patipan contacted the police to clarify the events.

CCTV footage captured the altercation, clearly showing there was no punching involved, only pushing, which led to the tourist falling and injuring himself. The footage has been submitted to investigators as evidence to ensure fair proceedings for all parties involved.”

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It is not the first time, but Pattaya will become the best family destination as we read yesterday.

Not will become but already is.  ICUs have sleeping facilities for the entire family.   

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

so good reason to avoid if all it takes to be sent to ICU is lean against a car

Well, that is just one side of the story, I'm not condoning the attack in any way but I'd be very surprised if there was nothing in between his leaning on the car and the punches that floored him.

EDIT:  Apparently there were no punches and no beating.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Agree 1

I don't understand Pattaya only yesterday is said to be the place to take the whole family too,,,, yeah right Pattayahas always and will always be a complete sh, it hole it should be burned to the ground and left that way

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

These hero bouncers, who always fight in groups, should be found guilty of attempted murder and given serious jail time. If not, the world should be notified how dangerous it is here. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You do not know the victim. I, and a few others on the original thread, do.

So what is the story, then?   The full story, of course.  Simply leaning on a car does not produce the type of attack that has been reported. 

Ok, but the Police Chief pointed out last time it's not Security's job to fight tourists. He said their job is to protect tourists and to call the police when a situation demands it. 

Waiting for full story to see how security did after their new mandated training they had to do after last time they made international news

It went very well. They despise farangs even more after they had to sit through mindless training .

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, that is just one side of the story, I'm not condoning the attack in any way but I'd be very surprised if there was nothing in between his leaning on the car and the punches that floored him.

Where's it say he was punched?

• Sad 1

You are going to se more and more of this. It will start trickling down to the smaller towns. China's economy in the toilet and they blame the US. Thailand the number one supporter of China in SE Asia. After many years of going and living in Thailand I was talking to a Thai lady in Pattaya. When she found out I was from the US she said Thailand does not want Westerners in Thailand. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Were the same individuals involved in this incident?

Quite possibly Lou.

Those Nightwish Group bouncers are on call there for problems in a number of bars.

As we saw with the Brits they might not be big guys, but they know how to handle themselves.

• Haha 2