Premiership

Woohoo!

The ins and outs are here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...rem/3889781.stm

Birmingham and Middlesborough have bought in the big guns, Everton have bought in Marcus Bent :o, deal of the closed season must be Villa getting 2 million pounds for Crouch, Tottenham tipped for top 6 finish!

As a West Ham fan I'm still smarting over the Palace loss, but he's a fine fella that Ian Dowie, even if he has a somewhat scary head.

Going down:

West Brom

Portsmouth

Everton

Winners:

The Arse

Also think Man United's reign is over, like Liverpool they will be facing a battle to get back to past glories for a few years to come.

I'll be happy if the Villa stay up! Deadly Doug's hopes of Europe next year are pie in the sky unless he buys a few players. The Blue Noses will probably continue to do better than expected, I see they've held onto Lilly Savage. As for the Baggies, I think they might stay up :o

Also think Man United's reign is over, like Liverpool they will be facing a battle to get back to past glories for a few years to come.

Man U were so strong in the past due to their strong youth team who then graduated into the firsts, because they had come through the ranks together they instinctivly new each others moves, these players seem to have dried up now and Man U are buying players in , it is not as easy for everyone to gell as a team.

I see hard times ahead for Man U... he he :o

Reckon the next season could be the most exciting yet for the Premiership.

I see it like this:

Arsenal are gonna be the team to beat. They haven't been very active in the close season but then, if it ain't broke...

If anyone can challenge them it will be Chelski. Got in a top manager and some class players - they will be interesting for sure.

Manyoo are falling behind, although Fergie is scouring the world for the best youths (e.g. the Chinese kid), but next season I think will be contesting 3rd /4th place with Liverpool again. Mind you, if Utd were to prize away Rooney his partnership with van Nistelrooy could be explosive.

Liverpool seem to be consolidating with a good new manager but are a long way off title challengers.

Newcastle seem to be stagnating and maybe local rivals Middlesboro will be contesting the north-east title with them.

Of the rest Birmingham seem to be quietly building and I reckon Spurs will be in the right half of the table.

Of the rest there is very little to separate them. Portsmouth and Bolton will fade compared to last season but probably survive. I think the three clubs that are failing to strengthen their squads are Blackburn, Man City and Everton, and I see those three being the sides the promoted three will be aiming to finish above. I reckon the three promoted sides will all be in the bottom four at the end of the campaign.

I am in Kl at the moment watching my team Norwich,Satuerday they play Malaysian national team.

At least the BBC artical were kind to them.

NORWICH CITY

Deservedly crowned champions of the First Division last season, manager Nigel Worthington has gone about improving his squad in a low-key manner in keeping with his managerial style.

Arsenal's David Bentley is a fine acquisition, while Simon Charlton is an experienced pro.

I can see us lasting 3 seasons in the Prem. Summer Aurtum Winter

Adelaide Crows....are they a band? :o

for the complete ins and outs see here: http://www.football365.com/features/f365_f...ry_119123.shtml

If you were an Evertonian, would you wish to sell Wayne Rooney? If any club needed 35 million pounds it would be Everton, who's board have given their excellent manager almost no financial support at all.

I like being a Charlton Supporter, cos nobody hates em :o

Downside is , i could never get a copy Charlton Shirt in Pattaya, even though i saw Blackburn, Portsmouth, Fulham.

7th Place finish last season missed out on a European place after being in Champions League position for a few weeks.

Alan Curbishley is a smart manager, how long Charlton will keep him is another point, Curbs is a cool character, i think he is gonna bring in a Big Name player soon. If they can equal last seasons 7th place it would be great for a club like Charlton, maybe they can improve on it, who knows, at least they are not everybody's automatic tip for the relegation battle anymore.

Champions Arsenal, Runners up Chelsea

Relegated. Palace, West Brom, Portsmouth

Should be another interesting season. Arse ###### will lead Arse to another strong season with the group of ladyboys that he has playing for him. However, I think Chelsea will kick the Arse this season and will romp home.

United will have to rebuild and its nice to see Queroz back..... I think he will make a big difference to the coaching. I reckon a 3rd place for United.

Liverpool will be lucky to survive.... i think 4th or 5th from bottom

Next up challenging for honours will be Villa and Birmingham.

To go down: Everton and whichever 2 of the new guys u want to pick.

• 4 weeks later...

Kick's off today!

My money is still on the arse, god how I hate them, but with viera staying that surely puts the seal on the trophy? Man U start with 9 first teamers unavailable for selection, Chelsea have another 100 gazillion quids worth of talent to bed in and Liverpool will need another season to weed out the houlier crap.

Surely spurs can't become top 6 contenders by buying a couple of oldish midfield generals? although it was exactly what they needed.

Everton are so screwed, Southampton might be too if Beattie does go.

Are Norwich good enough to stay up? Palace and wba to go straight back down again, and what about Man city? Danny Mills to fix their defence woes :o hmmmm

I can't wait! the one thing that UBC do well is the footy,

*welcome* new season!