The Tim Walz thread.

5 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Because Shapiro doesn't really get along with Harris after meeting her and said no. 

So Shapiro tuned it down?  I had doubts Mark Kelly would be on the ticket because the image of a 60 year old white guy with a shaved head standing next to Harris might not be a good luck.  

Just now, sqwakvfr said:

So Shapiro tuned it down?  I had doubts Mark Kelly would be on the ticket because the image of a 60 year old white guy with a shaved head standing next to Harris might not be a good luck.  

Who knows if he turned it down it’s just conjecture no proof perhaps the vice president decided no.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

the rumor goes they didn't gel when they met. As esrly as this morning  Harris hadn't chosen because of this. I don't believe they planned this really in PA knowing Shapiro wouldn't be the VP pick. People can believe whatever they want. Wlaz came out of nowhere after everybody else got cold feet. 

https://www.nj.com/politics/2024/08/behind-the-scenes-not-a-great-feeling-between-harris-shapiro-report-says.html

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Can you explain a single thing they said that sill improve the lives if the middle class economically? It was nothing more than a biography or introduction. With glaring omissions of course. 

You will see the Democratic party platform soon enough.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tug said:

Gun control health care cost of education freedom of choice keeping the government out of your business there’s more and it will be fleshed out in the days to be sure

you don't mention one  single policy that will help the middle class economically. Let's add in world peace while  we are at it. The rally was very light on details or policy. 

Edited by Cryingdick

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

You will see the Democratic party platform soon enough.

Well I am from Minneapolis so I know a bit about Walz and what he did there. They always just throw out scary stuff that has no solution, yet somehow they will sove it with no actual explanation of how they will do it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sirineou said:

Why is that? 

Because they support policies that weaken America and make it unlivable or terribly expensive. Look at how many people say California was so great and they would live there if they could. Yet seem detach3d that it could be that way if things changed a little. I am happy they are sand boxed and won't be here to be a weight on society.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Fair point. Americans care lots about hair. More than real issues. Hair, weight and sex life. Who cares about real issues.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, b17 said:

Is this what we call the "new" normal?  A guy who wants to track all female's menstrual cycles, has a thing for couches and dolphins,  and feels that people without children are sociopaths. 

Try again.  

Tampons for boys. Normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Look at the guy's rapport with school children and his own children at the 41 second mark in this clip. If you don't have time to view the clip, just look at the below picture. You cannot get that kind of rapport with children without being a genuinely caring person. This type of humanism is exactly what is needed to begin healing the deep divisions within our country.

Creepy. Another old dude excited by random kids.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Because they support policies that weaken America and make it unlivable or terribly expensive. Look at how many people say California was so great and they would live there if they could. Yet seem detach3d that it could be that way if things changed a little. I am happy they are sand boxed and won't be here to be a weight on society.

You are not in Thailand? Should you then be the Chicken Don forum? you know the alternative truth one. 

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

You are not in Thailand? Should you then be the Chicken Don forum? you know the alternative truth one. 

Thailand is dirt cheap. 3 serves of food, 2 drinks and ice cream 200 baht.

17 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Well I am from Minneapolis so I know a bit about Walz and what he did there. They always just throw out scary stuff that has no solution, yet somehow they will sove it with no actual explanation of how they will do it. 

Tax the rich has been THE solution for every Dem since FDR. Always plays well with the gullible, who think they're FINALLY gon' get all that free stuff. Turning men into women seems working well w/ large numbers of women, esp the childless cat ladies. Another endless war in Ukraine, love for Hamas--what's not to like? 🙂 

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

This is the world forum section. Unlike many posters here i don't talk a bunch of garbage or feel obligated to add to topics about places I don't live. I don't use any other large of this forum anymore. I add things here to try and add some semblance of truth to those living in their little boxes in Thailand. You deserve it you are worth it, it isn't your fault. Being I live in the USA full time i have a perspective that many here would be completely ignorant of if i refrained from posting. You're welcome.

How much for 3 plates of food, 2 drinks and ice cream in an average American restaurant? Are we talking $50 or more?

Just now, susanlea said:

How much for 3 plates of food, 2 drinks and ice cream in an average American restaurant? Are we talking $50 or more?

that would depend unlike some parts if Thailand the menu would say more than food. An average place like Applebees or something you maybe just under $100 with tip and tax these days. 

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

This is the world forum section.

in a Thai centric forum,don they have world forums where you are? 

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Unlike many posters here i don't talk a bunch of garbage or feel obligated to add to topics about places I don't live. I don't use any other large of this forum anymore.

So you are here to troll us

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I add things here to try and add some semblance of truth to those living in their little boxes in Thailand.

The great white hunter here to bring truth to our little boxes in Thailand :laugh: 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cryingdick said:

that would depend unlike some parts if Thailand the menu would say more than food. An average place like Applebees or something you maybe just under $100 with tip and tax these days. 

Ok so $90 vs $6. 15x higher. 

Just now, sirineou said:

in a Thai centric forum,don they have world forums where you are? 

So you are here to troll us

The great white hunter here to bring truth to our little boxes in Thailand :laugh: 

Do you get out and see Thailand much? When did you last visit California?

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

you didn't know the first thing about him unti an hour ago.

Certainly more than you did about Vance. 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1