Move Forward Party dissolved, leaders banned for 10 years - video

14 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Kleptocracy  describes Thailand Political system precisely  

I am certain that Thailand is 100% an open and fair democracy, not a kleptocracy, nothing to see here.  Move along.

In a kleptocracy things are done so that money keeps flowing to those in control, completely unlike events in Thailand! 

… Money makes the world go around
The world go around
The world go around
Money makes the world go around
It makes the world go 'round.
The clinking, clanking sound of
Money money money money
Money money money money.........

… Money money money
Money money money
Money money money
Money money money
… Money money money
Money money money
Money money money
… Money money money, money money money
Money money money, money money money
Money money money, money money money......

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

No seat for them .

They will not .

In the end they not care about what reputation they have in the world ... as long as the leaders in Thailand ... stay in their position .

No change wanted here .

I thought that,  that is what ALL  Authoritarian Regime leaders are supposed to do, though  ?

23 minutes ago, Homburg said:

I am certain that Thailand is 100% an open and fair democracy, not a kleptocracy, nothing to see here.  Move along.

In a kleptocracy things are done so that money keeps flowing to those in control, completely unlike events in Thailand! 

… Money makes the world go around
The world go around
The world go around
Money makes the world go around
It makes the world go 'round.
The clinking, clanking sound of
Money money money money
Money money money money.........

… Money money money
Money money money
Money money money
Money money money
… Money money money
Money money money
Money money money
… Money money money, money money money
Money money money, money money money......

You forget the word money but agree with you and anyway what exactly is money?

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Nonsense. In just one year in office, I'd say he's achieved quite a bit so far.

Come on then tell me, what is actually up and running now ? not in the future Now, apart from easier visas for some. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

My sister-in-law was recently offered a position within the local Tambo, it's a lifetime appointment, it pays 9,000 baht per month, but there was a 200,000 baht fee to attain the position, which is paid to one of the local politicians.

From what I'm told this happens with virtually any government, higher police, customs and immigration position everywhere in the country, so the entire nation is one big littoral swamp, populated by hundreds of thousands of crocodiles, preying on, and getting rich from the common Thai, who are just trying to eke out a living. 

Clean the swamp. Only the institution of a Singapore type law, with the death penalty for corruption, would result in any change or progress. 

I personally and wholeheartedly want mandatory capital punishment for financial crimes, like hanging corrupt officers or money launderers to death under gallows. I find death penalty on corruption having more benefits than imprisonment, as death penalty cuts down a corruption practicer's lives and can serve as a better deterrent in financial crimes, something imprisonment won't offer. And imprisoning a corruption practitioner would leave higher risks of them continuing such crimes and thus leaving long-term loss in economy. Hanging a corruption practitioner to death allows the slowdown in economic plundering, and effectively stops them. It's absolutely not fair to use imprisonment on these economic crimes, and as such, I find capital, lethal punishment the only viable deterrent for corruption practices and money-laundering cases. 

Hang em high! 

She should set up a sting operation, it's been done before. 

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

My sister-in-law was recently offered a position within the local Tambo, it's a lifetime appointment, it pays 9,000 baht per month, but there was a 200,000 baht fee to attain the position, which is paid to one of the local politicians.

From what I'm told this happens with virtually any government, higher police, customs and immigration position everywhere in the country, so the entire nation is one big littoral swamp, populated by hundreds of thousands of crocodiles, preying on, and getting rich from the common Thai, who are just trying to eke out a living. 

Clean the swamp. Only the institution of a Singapore type law, with the death penalty for corruption, would result in any change or progress. 

I personally and wholeheartedly want mandatory capital punishment for financial crimes, like hanging corrupt officers or money launderers to death under gallows. I find death penalty on corruption having more benefits than imprisonment, as death penalty cuts down a corruption practicer's lives and can serve as a better deterrent in financial crimes, something imprisonment won't offer. And imprisoning a corruption practitioner would leave higher risks of them continuing such crimes and thus leaving long-term loss in economy. Hanging a corruption practitioner to death allows the slowdown in economic plundering, and effectively stops them. It's absolutely not fair to use imprisonment on these economic crimes, and as such, I find capital, lethal punishment the only viable deterrent for corruption practices and money-laundering cases. 

Hang em high! 

So 2 yrs of wages, did she accept their generous offer ? and what's to stop them sacking her on a trumped up misdemeanor once they have the money ?

18 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Unlike the Myanmar people, Thai's lack any type of backbone to demand anything, they will continue to act as obedient servants to the Elites.

they are raised to obey and not question authority. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, wozzlegummich said:

Kleptocracy (from Greek κλέπτης kléptēs, "thief", or κλέπτω kléptō, "I steal", and -κρατία -kratía from κράτος krátos, "power, rule"), also referred to as thievocracy, is a government whose corrupt leaders (kleptocrats) use political power to expropriate the wealth of the people and land they govern, typically by embezzling or misappropriating government funds at the expense of the wider population. One feature of political-based socioeconomic thievery is that there is often no public announcement explaining or apologizing for misappropriations, nor any legal charges or punishment levied against the offenders

That about sums it up.

Maybe kakistocracy is more accurate.

8 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Well, if I was a member of the not so Thailand's Constitutional Court, I would be very worried about their future, once the people get the government they want.... Bring on a guillotine.

Let's just say that the MFP won the last election by an overwhellming majority, enough to form the government in their own right. Do people honestly believe that they would be the government now. When the new MFP starts up the first thing they need to do is toughen up. Drop their nice guy image and get a head kicker on their side. Treat fire with fire, delve into the lives of their opponennts and lay it out for the public to see. Their oponents will be like rats on a sinking ship, as they take off for their extended holidays in China or Dubai.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:
6 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Nonsense. In just one year in office, I'd say he's achieved quite a bit so far.

Come on then tell me, what is actually up and running now ? not in the future Now, apart from easier visas for some. 

I'm still waiting.........

hang-on.gif.d10734d0d020e285b7fca967a97b565a.gif

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Poor Thailand .

Just lost the last little bit of " face " .

Hear hear, now the world at large can see the true face of Thai administration, lets not have a just and productive party, Junta and grubby money grabbing mentatity. Setting the pace for 4th world seniority.

21 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

No seat for them .

They will not .

In the end they not care about what reputation they have in the world ... as long as the leaders in Thailand ... stay in their position .

No change wanted here .

UN Human Rights Council should ban Thailand and any other Nation who is guilty of openly mistreating their people in the face of world opinion.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Let's just say that the MFP won the last election by an overwhellming majority, enough to form the government in their own right. Do people honestly believe that they would be the government now. When the new MFP starts up the first thing they need to do is toughen up. Drop their nice guy image and get a head kicker on their side. Treat fire with fire, delve into the lives of their opponennts and lay it out for the public to see. Their oponents will be like rats on a sinking ship, as they take off for their extended holidays in China or Dubai.

Absolutely... They must also make it clear they will investigate the Constitution Court, the EU, etc and thoroughly investage their wealth.

This is sick. Thai judges are not only incompetent, they are also corrupt. And still in the pockets of the military. Thailand is still 70 years behind any western democratic country and will stay there with Thai judges and politicians like this.

• Agree 2

Lawfare. Pretty much the same in many countries. The US is going through a very similar thing as the Democrats try using the corrupt courts to get rid of Trump. If the Democrats in the US could pull off such a brazen move like this, they would. But they can only target Trump, not the entire party, because there's enough media complicity and enough brain dead people full of blind hatred for him. It's just another variation of what corrupt governments do when someone comes along who isn't playing the same game as them. It leads to nothing good. I sure hope Thailand isn't due for yet another coup.... but the writing seems like it's on the wall when they do this kind of insanity.