Kamala Harris's VP Choice: Did She Make Her First Major Campaign Mistake?

Social Media

Just now, BobBKK said:

You miss the point - surprising for you, so I'm guessing you were an NCO or someone in your family was

I was.

I was trying to correct your apparent idea that a commissioned officer is "better" than an NCO. In my experience they are not.

I'll give you an example from real life. I spent a year at an Antarctic base and we had an ex colonel in charge for the summer. Trying to run a base full of civilians almost drove him to a nervous breakdown. Too used to having people click their heels and saying yes sir and doing what they were told to do. By the time he left, before winter closed the base for 8 months he was a mental wreck.

I actually got to know him when I returned to civilization and he was a good guy, just didn't know how to deal with civilians.

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You are right . 

Ron DeSantis,

Nikki Haley,  Vivek Ramaswamy, run against 

Trump, so I was wwwww.. wwww, wwwrong . I almost hurt myself saying that . :laugh:

Thank you for admitting it. Many wouldn't. I gave you the 🏆

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

This is what the Dems are saying now about everything Republican. They could not find anything meaningful to express themselves with so Harris began calling all Republicans WEIRD. Just shows that Harris really has no idea about how to speak meaningful things the public want to hear concerning being the next President. Anything she does not agree with becomes weird to her. 

It was Walz who coined the phrase.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

As opposed to your boy who has never won the popular vote. 

the people who elected him to Congress in a predominantly republican district , six times, disagree with you,

and the people who elected him governor  by a landslide both times , disagree with you .

But hey,, who knows better? the people in his state who know him ? or some guy in Thailand. 

Speaking as a voter myself, I voted for a party, not the man. I knew nothing about the man I voted for, but I'd cut them off with a rusty razor blade before I'd vote for the other shower.

I suspect it's the same with voters that elected him.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

As opposed to your boy who has never won the popular vote. 

the people who elected him to Congress in a predominantly republican district , six times, disagree with you,

and the people who elected him governor  by a landslide both times , disagree with you .

But hey,, who knows better? the people in his state who know him ? or some guy in Thailand. 

LOL. You guys keep going on about the popular vote, but you know it's irrelevant in the US.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Prove it's true and not an AI fake.

I must admit it sounds like the sort of thing Trump would do. He's always trying to get everyone (and I mean everyone) to love him. Plus, as is well known, he is a terrible judge of character.

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

I'll guess we will have wait for Fox News to confirm that one way or the other.....🤭

I thought you didn't believe anything from Faux ( Fox ) News.

BTW, I don't know what was said, if it was said, but if Trump can survive Pussygate then he can survive this. Nothing could be worse than Pussygate.

I doubt it'll change any Trump voter's mind, true or not.

They don't vote for him because he's a saint, do they?

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was.

I was trying to correct your apparent idea that a commissioned officer is "better" than an NCO. In my experience they are not.

I'll give you an example from real life. I spent a year at an Antarctic base and we had an ex colonel in charge for the summer. Trying to run a base full of civilians almost drove him to a nervous breakdown. Too used to having people click their heels and saying yes sir and doing what they were told to do. By the time he left, before winter closed the base for 8 months he was a mental wreck.

I actually got to know him when I returned to civilization and he was a good guy, just didn't know how to deal with civilians.

Right - I have no misconceptions about the necessity of NCOs and their very important role in man management. But it's like people who have no degrees: "We don't need them; they are a waste of time". Officers are needed strategically, but you go off-topic as it's a trigger point for you. Walz will appeal to the NCOs of the USA, which spells danger for Trump. I am less confident than I was - it will be closer but we are n the honeymoon phase where some posters are getting orgasmic. But like most orgasms, they don't last that long (a friend told me).  

Just now, John Drake said:

I must admit it sounds like the sort of thing Trump would do. He's always trying to get everyone (and I mean everyone) to love him. Plus, as is well known, he is a terrible judge of character.

Part of the reason his base will vote for him. He's very public with all his foibles, unlike his opponents that employ people to cover up their skeletons in closets.

He comes across as more like a normal flawed human being than the smarmy liars that infest Washington.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, I don't know what was said, if it was said, but if Trump can survive Pussygate then he can survive this. Nothing could be worse than Pussygate.

No, they envy how he got his money........😉

But they know now, he's a crook..:unsure:

Edited by transam
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I am not sure if your last sentence is undiluted sarcasm.

When Trump picks anyone with integrity, it doesn't take very long before they are fired, and the abuse posts on Truth Social go feral.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Part of the reason his base will vote for him. He's very public with all his foibles, unlike his opponents that employ people to cover up their skeletons in closets.

He comes across as more like a normal flawed human being than the smarmy liars that infest Washington.

Those are characteristics I associate more with RFKjr. Plus RFKjr wants a strong dollar. I've given up on both the Democrats and Republicans. 

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the youtube videos of Trump supporters are anything to go by....then yes they will vote for him regardless.

I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters...

....that would have been so much 'funnier' if had said........."and I would only lose one vote".

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They vote for him because he makes them believe he will do something for them, when in fact he will throw them under a bus once they have served his purpose.

How any unemployed, poorly educated person thinks giving tax cuts to billionaires assists them from the bottom of the ladder, is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I am not sure if your last sentence is undiluted sarcasm.

When Trump picks anyone with integrity, it doesn't take very long before they are fired, and the abuse posts on Truth Social go feral.

Mnuchin, Jay Powell, Fay Wray, Lighthizer, Jared, Ivanka, . Those are his long termers. Everyone else was in and out too quick to judge. 

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Those are characteristics I associate more with RFKjr. Plus RFKjr wants a strong dollar. I've given up on both the Democrats and Republicans. 

Congratulations. You are a sensible person, to have seen through the charade of modern politics. Unfortunately, most of us have little to no alternative.

IMO the support for Trump is the last desperate cry for help by millions before the Washington machine takes over completely. Like a drowning man that clutches at a straw, the masses hope that Trump can hold back the tide, but alas, I think it's too late and we are already doomed, but just can't see it yet. Somewhat like the citizens of Rome just before the barbarian mercenaries took it over.

• Like 1

Speaking as a voter myself, I voted for a party, not the man. I knew nothing about the man I voted for, but I'd cut them off with a rusty razor blade before I'd vote for the other shower.

I suspect it's the same with voters that elected him.

We all have, 

I voted for Bill Clinton, The country did well under his administration, but what an A-hole he was!!!

He sat  there on TV looked starlight at me and said.

"I did not have sex with that woman"  then he went back with his infamous ""It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.  " :cheesy:

Where he could had said , "Hey , i was having problems with the wife, cute little thing threw herself at me , and I went for  it.  I was wrong, me and Hillary have worked our problems out , and we are now stronger than ever."

I would have respected that.

but he took me for an idiot, and I lost all respect for him,

Never mind that he destroyed that poor girls life, 

What an FN A-hole . and lost respect for Hillary for staying with him. 

If when she lost it was to anyone other than trump I would had celebrated. She let him destroy that girls life for her personal Powder, What a witch.  Can you imagine what this girl must have went through ?

It has been reported that  Monica Lewinsky Considered Suicide on several occasion. I am a father of a beautifully 28 year old daughter right now,  can you imagine how the parents felt? How I would had felt if it was my daughter, how you would have felt if it was your daughter? 

I have a daughter and 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, sirineou said:

We all have, 

I voted for Bill Clinton, The country did well under his administration, but what an A-hole he was!!!

He sat  there on TV looked starlight at me and said.

"I did not have sex with that woman"  then he went back with his infamous ""It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.  " :cheesy:

Where he could had said , "Hey , i was having problems with the wife, cute little thing threw herself at me , and I went for  it.  I was wrong, me and Hillary have worked our problems out , and we are now stronger than ever."

I would have respected that.

but he took me for an idiot, and I lost all respect for him,

Never mind that he destroyed that poor girls life, 

What an FN A-hole . and lost respect for Hillary for staying with him. 

If when she lost it was to anyone other than trump I would had celebrated. She let him destroy that girls life for her personal Powder, What a witch.  Can you imagine what this girl must have went through ?

It has been reported that  Monica Lewinsky Considered Suicide on several occasion. I am a father of a beautifully 28 year old daughter right now,  can you imagine how the parents felt? How I would had felt if it was my daughter, how you would have felt if it was your daughter? 

I have a daughter and 

Yeah, the left only cares about liars on the right...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed, as are degrees. Strangely, when I was a kid not many people had a degree, other than engineers and Drs and lawyers, yet the society they created was IMO a hundred times better that the degree infested society that can't even live in peace today.

Hmmm as someone who worked for ten years to get my two degrees I will agreed to disagree  🙂 

• Agree 1

command

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed, as are degrees. Strangely, when I was a kid not many people had a degree, other than engineers and Drs and lawyers, yet the society they created was IMO a hundred times better that the degree infested society that can't even live in peace today.

It's a classic case of quantity overwhelming quality.

Back in my day, the hard sciences - physics, chemistry and biology - were regarded as the stepping stones to good jobs. Arts courses were for people who could not cut the mustard.

Nowadays, it seems anyone can get a degree in flossing teeth, or making lace doilies.

28 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Draft Dodger:   A person who illicitly seeks to avoid compulsory military service.

Defines Trump and his 'fighting spurs' to a T

Unless Trump was arrested for illicitly avoiding compulsory military service he did it legally.

You protest too much about not much, so carry on without me.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

command

It's a classic case of quantity overwhelming quality.

Back in my day, the hard sciences - physics, chemistry and biology - were regarded as the stepping stones to good jobs. Arts courses were for people who could not cut the mustard.

Nowadays, it seems anyone can get a degree in flossing teeth, or making lace doilies.

And 85% of them with a 3.5 average 

Congratulations. You are a sensible person, to have seen through the charade of modern politics. Unfortunately, most of us have little to no alternative.

IMO the support for Trump is the last desperate cry for help by millions before the Washington machine takes over completely. Like a drowning man that clutches at a straw, the masses hope that Trump can hold back the tide, but alas, I think it's too late and we are already doomed, but just can't see it yet. Somewhat like the citizens of Rome just before the barbarian mercenaries took it over.

I think Trump is just an older version of the same guy who messed up the first time. I remember his campaign: Quantitative Tightening, balanced budget, reshoring American manufacturing, scrapping the DREAMer legislation the first day in office, facing down China, and of course the Wall that became a Fence in a few places. Not only did he fail to do what was promised, he actually took positions the exact opposite of what he had campaigned on. His two legislative milestones? Tax cuts for billionaires and letting felons out of jail.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, the left only cares about liars on the right...

Not only the left my friend. Look at what the Republican party has deteriorated too. You support a guy who among other things went after John McCain, a bone spur trust fund baby , that denigrated an American hero,

And you call yourself a patriot? are you even American? 

• Like 2