Is this plan of action ok.

52 minutes ago, Robin said:

Do not bother with 65K / month income.  Use 800K in the bank and keep that untouched as an emergency fund for absolute last resort needs.

I think that's what the OP is planning to do in any event!

EDIT: But he would IMHO be strongly advised not to rely on the 800k as a potential "emergency fund for absolute last resort needs". Otherwise he could find himself in deep, deep, deep, deep doo-dah when his next retirement extension is due!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

it’s good to note that Khon Kaen immigration office appears to be helpful on visa issues.

One final question.

When I get to Thailand I want to transfer the required 800k baht from my savings/current account to a dedicated interest earning deposit account and leave it there for the annual extension of stay requirement.

When I do this will I have to wait another 2 months before it can be used for the initial application or will the 2 months start from the date on which the money hit my savings account?

31 minutes ago, Issanraider said:

When I do this will I have to wait another 2 months before it can be used for the initial application or will the 2 months start from the date on which the money hit my savings account?

You are confusing the process.

You plan to enter visa exempt.

When you apply for the non O your 800k need to be in bank on day of application.

The non O stamp gives a 90 day permission of stay.

In the last 30 days of that stamp expiry you apply for 12 month extension.

With funds having been in bank for 2 months+

23 hours ago, timendres said:

#1 - Be sure to get the "Credit Advice" document from the bank originating the transfer to Thailand. This is the document that shows the originating bank's initiation of the transfer. When you arrive in Thailand, go to SCB bank and get the same "Credit Advice" document from them, showing the receipt of the transfer. Chaeng Watthana wanted both of these documents when I applied using the deposit method. Not sure if KK will require both, but almost certainly one of them.

#4 - You need to keep that balance above 800k until at least 3 months after you get your retirement extension. But I suspect you already knew that.

Be aware that different IO's have different rules or interpretation of these rules, but KK do have a good reputation, if you go by what they say you will be fine. Good luck.

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

That list and your comments relate to annual extensions of stay for retirement. Whereas I am referring to conversions of latest visa-exempt/tourist visa entries into single-entry 90-day non-immigrant "O" visas for retirement. Completely separate animals.

I was referring to the OP I did not read your post to say a 90 day one. sorry if that upset you, never mind.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I was referring to the OP I did not read your post to say a 90 day one. sorry if that upset you, never mind.

So how then was I expected to know that, despite quoting my post referring to the 90-day non-O conversion, you were, in fact, referring to the OP's point 4? I therefore can only offer you my humblest apologies if my mind-reading skills are not up to scratch in getting to grips with what is lying behind confusing and ambiguous posts like yours, and cause you so much grief and anger as a result.

Edited by OJAS

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So how then was I expected to know that, despite quoting my post referring to the 90-day non-O conversion, you were, in fact, referring to the OP's point 4? I therefore can only offer you my humblest apologies if my mind-reading skills are not up to scratch in interpreting confusing and ambiguous posts like yours, and cause you so much upset as a result.

The list I posted made it pretty clear, what I was referring to. How is a list Ambiguous ?

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The list I posted made it pretty clear, what I was referring to. How is a list Ambiguous ?

But in your post containing the Trat list you also quoted mine below! Why did you decide to do this and lead us all up the garden path as a result?

20 hours ago, OJAS said:

Do Khon Kaen have special requirements for non-O conversions for retirement which differ from those detailed in the official Immigration Bureau version set out in the link below (I'm not aware that they do)?

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Thanks for your replies. Good to know that KK immigration seem to be helpful on visa matters.

When I arrive I want to transfer 800k baht from my savings account into a dedicated deposit account which I will leave untouched for the annual extension of stay applications.

When I do that will the 2 month requirement start on the date of that or from the date the money arrived in my savings account?

4 minutes ago, Issanraider said:

When I do that will the 2 month requirement start on the date of that or from the date the money arrived in my savings account?

The 2-month seasoning period for your retirement extension will be calculated retrospectively from the date you apply for this. However the 800k will, in any event, already be in place in your savings account for your non-O visa conversion (assuming, of course, that you leave it untouched in the meantime).

8 minutes ago, Issanraider said:

Thanks for the advice.

No I won’t be touching it once it is deposited.

One further point however.

Does the 2 month rule apply for the non O application or just the retirement extension of stay?

Think I have already posted..

No seasoning for non O application.

Funds in bank on day of application.

The two months seasoning is for 12 months extension 

Note: apart from rogue office Jomitien where there can require 2 month seasoning for non O application.

Ridiculous. 

Thanks DrJack

Apolgies if I missed an earlier clarification but as you can tell I want to make sure I have all the bases covered.

If only the solicitors dealing with my property sale here in England were as quick as members here to reply to my queries !!😡

13 minutes ago, Issanraider said:

DrJack

Apolgies if I missed an earlier clarification but as you can tell I want to make sure I have all the bases covered.

Thinking I endorsed your plan in OP.

Which is certainly an option.

Perhaps consider obtain a non O eVisa in UK .

The financials can be in UK  bank. 

Then enter and be given 90 day stamp.

20 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Please say this to all the other members who replied to my 65k question, thanks.

Just proves my point. You have deselected attention from the OP's question by ignorantly piggy backing on his thread. I repeat start your own.