Biden's First Interview about dropping out: Calls out Nancy Pelosi

Social Media

image.png.51b918319e7d950b16552c9f1eaa5a97.png

In his first television interview since stepping down from the presidential race, President Joe Biden revealed the pressures that led to his unexpected decision. Biden, who had been the Democrats' standard-bearer, pointed specifically to concerns voiced by former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic leaders as key factors that influenced his departure.

Biden explained that his fellow Democrats in both the House and Senate were increasingly worried that his continued presence in the race would jeopardize their own re-election chances. "A number of my Democratic colleagues in the House and Senate thought that I was going to hurt them in the races. And I was concerned if I stayed in the race, that would be the topic — you’d be interviewing me about why did Nancy Pelosi say [something]… and I thought it’d be a real distraction,” Biden shared during his interview with “CBS News Sunday Morning.”

The decision, according to Biden, was not just about the pressures from within his party but also about his self-awareness and his desire to preserve the integrity of the democratic process. Reflecting on his age, the 81-year-old President admitted, “When I ran the first time, I thought of myself as being a transition president. I can’t even say how old I am — it’s hard for me to get out of my mouth.” He emphasized that his decision was driven by a combination of factors, including the need to "maintain this democracy."

Biden’s withdrawal came after a particularly challenging period marked by a public mutiny among Democrats following his underwhelming debate performance against former President Donald Trump at the end of June. His decision to exit the race was quickly followed by an endorsement of Vice President Kamala Harris, who has since seen a rise in her polling numbers against Trump.

While Biden did not delve into specific details about any personal disagreements with Pelosi, it is widely speculated that the former Speaker played a pivotal role in orchestrating the push for Biden to step aside. Reports suggest that Pelosi, a veteran political strategist known for her behind-the-scenes maneuvering, initially supported Biden when the Democratic revolt began but gradually shifted her stance as the situation evolved.

“It’s up to the president to decide if he is going to run,” Pelosi stated during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” a program reportedly favored by Biden, just two days after Biden had reaffirmed his commitment to staying in the race. Behind closed doors, however, Pelosi was reportedly pressuring Biden to reconsider, armed with polling data that showed a difficult path to victory. When Biden resisted, Pelosi reportedly had his longtime adviser, Mike Donilon, join the conversation, according to CNN.

“Nancy made clear that they could do this the easy way or the hard way,” a Democrat with knowledge of the private discussions told Politico. “She gave them three weeks of the easy way. It was about to be the hard way.”

Despite the growing speculation, Pelosi has remained largely silent about the specifics of her conversations with Biden, maintaining that her goal was to ensure the Democratic Party had a viable path to victory in the upcoming election. “I never called one person. I kept true to my word. Any conversation I had, it was just going to be with him,” she told the New Yorker in a recent interview.

Pelosi did acknowledge, however, that she had been contacted by various individuals during the height of the backlash against Biden. “People were calling me saying that there was a challenge there. So there had to be a change in the leadership of the campaign, or what would come next,” she said.

As of early this month, there has been no communication between Biden and Pelosi. When asked about rumors that Biden is "furious" with her, Pelosi responded in her interview with “CBS News Sunday Morning,” saying, "He knows that I love him very much."

Reflecting on the strained relationship, Pelosi expressed hope for reconciliation. “I pray so. I cry so,” she told the New Yorker when asked if their relationship could survive the fallout. “I lose sleep on it, yeah.”

Credit: NYP  2024-08-12

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

thought he made the choice all on his own. it's what we were told anyways. oooops. 

He needed to be convinced. He would have lost badly. Everything possible had to be done to keep Trump out of the White House.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Everything possible had to be done to keep Trump out of the White House.

you can say that again. fabulous bait and switch they pulled off. bravo. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

You are correct it was a master stroke delivered by a patriot who puts country before himself.theres a lot folks don’t really grasp about Joe Biden I for one appreciate and admire the man

that's not what i said tug..... but you run with your conspiracy theory. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

9 minutes ago, Tug said:

Perhaps not being an American you miss the point regardless trump got schooled by a master and god willing he’s on his way out.

no i am not missing any point.

a bait and switch happened. they even had you going right up to the end. or do you forget your steadfast support of bidens mental health leading up to his *surprise* departure.

please also leave your imaginary friend out of the real world. thanks.  

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Tug said:

Perhaps not being an American you miss the point regardless trump got schooled by a master and god willing he’s on his way out.

So you will stop commenting on other OP's that have nothing to do with the USA... right???  Good... It will be a welcome relief.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

There was no stroke of genius from the guy. He was pushed to get out by his own Democratic party

It even says right here in the story from Biden himself.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Wow really, What does being an American have to do with your comment? Or with what happened? By far Biden is no master at anything, not even his own imagination. There was no stroke of genius from the guy. He was pushed to get out by his own Democratic party after the farce that he made in the debate. He was too stubborn to back out on his own or to recognise he is a dwindling old fool that can not remember even what he talks about. The other Democrat leaders were rightfully worried about losing their chances to remain in power if he continued to run. 

@Tug We all know you are a headstrong Dem. But what you say and think and post here does not make it truth. Keep believing yourself and vote for your master. But Biden was no master. He was managed by puppeteers and his problems regarding age was hidden by his masters. Is still hidden. The same is happening with the VP. She is now being controlled by her puppeteers. Why do you think she refuses interviews? She does not know anything about politics to be able to reply to a question that she has not versed her reply by memory. She may win on charm and people like yours hate for Trump. But most certainly not because she has good policies and the ability to run the government.

Stockmarket unemployment infrastructure domestic manufacturing of computer chips the criminal putin stopped for less than 5% of our defense budget revitalized nato with 2 new top tier members and on and on and on……furthermore Biden realized his age was giving the impression of being incapable well those are some RESPECTABLE RESULTS that’s not accidental that’s experience and wisdom he’s one magnificent old duffer in my book I’ve also always wanted a younger candidate we have one now.you mentioned puppeteers the United States is not a dictatorship no one person calls the shots the president manages cajoles lobby’s and networks to get their vision accomplished I suspect it’s a different system that the one you are used to.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Tug said:

Stockmarket unemployment infrastructure domestic manufacturing of computer chips the criminal putin stopped for less than 5% of our defense budget revitalized nato with 2 new top tier members and on and on and on……furthermore Biden realized his age was giving the impression of being incapable well those are some RESPECTABLE RESULTS that’s not accidental that’s experience and wisdom he’s one magnificent old duffer in my book I’ve also always wanted a younger candidate we have one now.you mentioned puppeteers the United States is not a dictatorship no one person calls the shots the president manages cajoles lobby’s and networks to get their vision accomplished I suspect it’s a different system that the one you are used to.

ok.. So you are misguided and confused. None of what you have said is correct nor is it about your previous comments about food prices increasing due to deporting illegals.  You have a hero, Biden. Everyone understands that. Not everyone agrees with that though.

Perhaps, you should look and actually consider others opinions and logic that go against what you so strongly believe sometimes and not retort their affirmations so quickly. I am American and know how the politicians get advised. I did not comment on that also.

How can a man with a problem with his recent memory, use whatever advice is given to him. He may recall it incorrectly when making an agreement or talking to another government leader. He does what he is told. Signs what he is given for the benefit of other politicians instead of the people who actually voted for him. He is handled. a Puppet.

Nothing I have seen has been for the people. Nothing that has happened and he has agreed to or allowed to happen did not benefit other Americans except for profiteers and politicians. Harris will be the same. Perhaps even coerced for foreign governments to sign some agreement that will hurt Americans in the future. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

ok.. So you are misguided and confused. None of what you have said is correct nor is it about your previous comments about food prices increasing due to deporting illegals.  You have a hero, Biden. Everyone understands that. Not everyone agrees with that though.

Perhaps, you should look and actually consider others opinions and logic that go against what you so strongly believe sometimes and not retort their affirmations so quickly. I am American and know how the politicians get advised. I did not comment on that also.

How can a man with a problem with his recent memory, use whatever advice is given to him. He may recall it incorrectly when making an agreement or talking to another government leader. He does what he is told. Signs what he is given for the benefit of other politicians instead of the people who actually voted for him. He is handled. a Puppet.

Nothing I have seen has been for the people. Nothing that has happened and he has agreed to or allowed to happen did not benefit other Americans except for profiteers and politicians. Harris will be the same. Perhaps even coerced for foreign governments to sign some agreement that will hurt Americans in the future. 

All of what I said is accurate.you go find some American kid to go harvest food good luck!why would you say Biden is my hero?he’s the president of my country and he’s done a remarkable job considering what the last administration left.have you actually listened to trump lately heck ever?at best he’s a troll unfortunately he’s a conn easy to spot a mile away.I live really close to our southern border all my property’s are close to our southern border im living here experiencing the reality we are done with the drama lies and fear mongering 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

The same is happening with the VP. She is now being controlled by her puppeteers. Why do you think she refuses interviews?

Oh those shady sneaky puppeteers.

And so you missed VP Harris doing interviews?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Between 2020 and 2024, how many primary votes did Harris get?

Bait and switch is too polite.  This was a coup.  Revealing which side is the real threat to democracy.

The election is November, Americans get to vote then.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tug said:

All of what I said is accurate.you go find some American kid to go harvest food good luck!why would you say Biden is my hero?he’s the president of my country and he’s done a remarkable job considering what the last administration left.have you actually listened to trump lately heck ever?at best he’s a troll unfortunately he’s a conn easy to spot a mile away.I live really close to our southern border all my property’s are close to our southern border im living here experiencing the reality we are done with the drama lies and fear mongering 

Wow really.. I see.. So before Biden opened the borders to all of the world without checking them. We had a serious food supply problem and his solution fixed that? Seriously, do you even know what you are saying?  If all these 100's of thousands of illegals were working doing what you say, then there would not be poor people saying the money for them is being used to support the illegals.

His remarkable job with what exactly? Ohh, remarkable for benefitting the Dems. yes, i see that too.

Allow me to ask, when the Dems have nothing else to say why is it they always throw Trump being a con into the fold? He is not a con yet. Found guilty that could be overturned. No sentenced. 

This is my point. You are headfast stuck on making Biden to look so good and trying your best to make excuses for how you think about him to convince others to do the same. I have no feelings otherwise and see things for how they really are. Not Dem-gold plated visors on. Not wearing Maga visors either.

If you actually own land on the Mexican borders then perhaps you should go check your properties have not been overrun and used by the illegals from around the world entering the US. I realize farmers use illegals the same they do in Thailand. It was a cat and mouse game for immigration before. But now the mice overrun the cats 1000-fold. And there is not enough work for so many illegals. Not to mention there are no farms in the safe cities where they were sent. All they do is abuse resources meant for citizens. Leaving those people who are legal without resources. 

From what it seems, you are living here to escape having to fend off all of those illegals crossing the borders. Most of the border states are doing more than your hero in trying to stop the illegals. But your hero tries even harder to prevent that. 

I remember the Cuban and Haitian boat lifts coming to Miami. But more important, I remember how property in the areas they were sent being devalued almost instantly. I remember how they lived 5 families in a house getting government support but driving around in Cadillacs and other expensive cars. I remember the increases in crime and in drug distribution in EVERY area they moved to or were located. Let's hope none of this happens to you and your property. But then again maybe you would deserve it if it happens to you. It may open your eyes. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Wow really.. I see.. So before Biden opened the borders to all of the world without checking them. We had a serious food supply problem and his solution fixed that? Seriously, do you even know what you are saying?  If all these 100's of thousands of illegals were working doing what you say, then there would not be poor people saying the money for them is being used to support the illegals.

His remarkable job with what exactly? Ohh, remarkable for benefitting the Dems. yes, i see that too.

Allow me to ask, when the Dems have nothing else to say why is it they always throw Trump being a con into the fold? He is not a con yet. Found guilty that could be overturned. No sentenced. 

This is my point. You are headfast stuck on making Biden to look so good and trying your best to make excuses for how you think about him to convince others to do the same. I have no feelings otherwise and see things for how they really are. Not Dem-gold plated visors on. Not wearing Maga visors either.

If you actually own land on the Mexican borders then perhaps you should go check your properties have not been overrun and used by the illegals from around the world entering the US. I realize farmers use illegals the same they do in Thailand. It was a cat and mouse game for immigration before. But now the mice overrun the cats 1000-fold. And there is not enough work for so many illegals. Not to mention there are no farms in the safe cities where they were sent. All they do is abuse resources meant for citizens. Leaving those people who are legal without resources. 

From what it seems, you are living here to escape having to fend off all of those illegals crossing the borders. Most of the border states are doing more than your hero in trying to stop the illegals. But your hero tries even harder to prevent that. 

I remember the Cuban and Haitian boat lifts coming to Miami. But more important, I remember how property in the areas they were sent being devalued almost instantly. I remember how they lived 5 families in a house getting government support but driving around in Cadillacs and other expensive cars. I remember the increases in crime and in drug distribution in EVERY area they moved to or were located. Let's hope none of this happens to you and your property. But then again maybe you would deserve it if it happens to you. It may open your eyes. 

just a little RUB. Jimmy Carter was President during this crisis and he is also a Democrat. I sure hope it does not happen to you. 

7 hours ago, stoner said:

you can say that again. fabulous bait and switch they pulled off. bravo. 

And Trump still hasn't come up with a coherent attack on the replacement. Actually, Trump's not very coherent at much these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

A terrible president finally beaten up by an old lady Pelosi.

A crack addicted cooker afficted son. 

What a legacy for the head of the Biden crime family. Pathetic. Good riddance. 

• Sad 1