Good reasons to vote for Harris?

BobDobbs

On 8/20/2024 at 9:13 AM, Will B Good said:

5. **Handling of Immigration**:
   - Trump’s immigration policies, including the separation of families at the U.S.-Mexico border and the Muslim travel ban, have been highly controversial and seen by many as cruel and inhumane.
   - His rhetoric on immigration often portrayed immigrants in a negative light, which many found troubling.

What's bad about that? I'll not vote for Trump, but one of the reasons is he just said the opposite of what you posted. He wants more immigration. If he really endorsed what you posted, I might reconsider him. But I won't. He lies and can't be trusted.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, John Drake said:

What's bad about that? I'll not vote for Trump, but one of the reasons is he just said the opposite of what you posted. He wants more immigration. If he really endorsed what you posted, I might reconsider him. But I won't. He lies and can't be trusted.

Feeling like RFKjr betrayed his supporters?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

It's a fundamental problem for US voters. On the one hand is Trump, a deeply flawed character, and on the other is her.

Voters will have to decide which they dislike least.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's a fundamental problem for US voters. On the one hand is Trump, a deeply flawed character, and on the other is her.

Either one will be a disaster. And they'll both end up doing just about the same things anyway.

19 hours ago, steevjee said:

Seriously ???  you really think that Trump is a better person to lead America ROFLMAO..... there's a bit of grass stuck in your teeth and your Banjo needs tuning.

Do you realise that outside of Hicksville USA, Trump is regarded as a complete fool. Us Aussies are dumbstruck as to how anyone is that bereft of political intelligence.

I thought you were talking about Aussies at first.

You Aussies have nothing to prove that you are any better, given your list of less than desirable PMs over the last 20 years or so.

That red headed one was a real nightmare.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Either one will be a disaster. And they'll both end up doing just about the same things anyway.

I've already accepted that whichever one wins we are all doomed. I'm hoping to have the great escape before it really kicks off in the ME. Armageddon is coming, courtesy of the US W H, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

He wants more LEGAL immigration, big difference from just letting people in and they go hide in the shadows. 

But you're right, he lies and can't be trusted. Same could be said for her also. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Harris’s economic views are horrible.   Progressives are like a plague of locusts destroying everything in their path. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Trippy said:

He wants more LEGAL immigration, big difference from just letting people in and they go hide in the shadows. 

But you're right, he lies and can't be trusted. Same could be said for her also. 

All that needs to happen is pass an amnesty, a parole, a "temporary protected status," and presto! they're legal.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What things are those? 

Dollar devaluation/QE

Deficit spending

Increased immigration

No change on DEI or any other cultural/racial policies

Natalist tax credit incentives

And (my big hunch) Trump will do a 180 on China, just like he did with TikTok, and open up the floodgates to Chinese imports. Harris may actually end up being harder on China than Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't really think of any. I think she is one of those people who is superficially OK, but when you get to know them are sharp-elbowed, vile poison. I suspect that the current good showing in polling will diminish as Americans learn more about her. Almost all of her staff left her when she was VP, which is not a good sign at reading people, picking talent or keeping talent. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Dollar devaluation/QE

Deficit spending

Increased immigration

No change on DEI or any other cultural/racial policies

Natalist tax credit incentives

And (my big hunch) Trump will do a 180 on China, just like he did with TikTok, and open up the floodgates to Chinese imports. Harris may actually end up being harder on China than Trump.

Trump will greatly reduce illegal immigration, Harris will expand it and make the illegals citizens. 

Trump with try to curtail DEI, Harris will expand it. 

Trump wants increased child deductions, Harris want's credits, such that you do not have to work to get them. 

I doubt very much Trump with flip on China. 

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

I can't really think of any. I think she is one of those people who is superficially OK, but when you get to know them are sharp-elbowed, vile poison. I suspect that the current good showing in polling will diminish as Americans learn more about her. Almost all of her staff left her when she was VP, which is not a good sign at reading people, picking talent or keeping talent. 

Americans are not going to learn any more about her. 

On 8/12/2024 at 12:05 PM, BobDobbs said:

Perhaps you can tell me why Harris and not Gabbard or JFK? I'd be interested there as well because I see some value in those candidates.

I'm not criticizing your thought process, but I'm sure you mean RFK, Jr. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She could be anointed by the hand of God above and I still wouldn't vote for her.

Every time she opens her mouth to hate Trump I feel nauseous.

As a foreigner, your opinion about US candidates is not that important.

I don't know anything about New Zealand candidates for office, and I don't comment on them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nasty man with better policies versus a clueless puppet 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Americans are not going to learn any more about her. 

After 3.5 years we know

She is stupid

Has no ideas

Talks like a weirdo

Flip flops on everything

Will hide behind teleprompters

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/12/2024 at 6:29 AM, BobDobbs said:

What are explicit accomplishments she's made that would sway people to vote for her?

None. She's absolutely NOT qualified and she will be a terrible president if elected - which is unlikely. I'd take madman Trump over her in a heartbeat. The whole Democratic party is being eaten alive by the progressives driving it down the drain. I'm generally liberal: pro-abortion, believe everyone should be able to do whatever they want, etc - but this isn't what the Democrapic party represents anymore. Republicans at least make sense, Democrats do not these days.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TedG said:

Harris’s economic views are horrible.   Progressives are like a plague of locusts destroying everything in their path. 

Explain why every Republican administration in the last 40 years has ended in an economic meltdown.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

None. She's absolutely NOT qualified and she will be a terrible president if elected - which is unlikely. I'd take madman Trump over her in a heartbeat. The whole Democratic party is being eaten alive by the progressives driving it down the drain. I'm generally liberal: pro-abortion, believe everyone should be able to do whatever they want, etc - but this isn't what the Democrapic party represents anymore. Republicans at least make sense, Democrats do not these days.

It sounds like you have an interest in cutting taxes for billionaires.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Explain why every Republican administration in the last 40 years has ended in an economic meltdown.

Off topic. 

Why don't you explain what Harris is going to do to improve the economy? 

How will she deal with inflation? She's been part of the current administration and it's still 68% over target, and twice what it was when they took office. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

1987 crash was caused by portfolio trading programs. GFC was caused by Clinton policies. Covid crisis was caused by China.

For a guy who spends 16 hours a day being obsessed over politics you sure don't know much.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Off topic. 

Why don't you explain what Harris is going to do to improve the economy? 

How will she deal with inflation? She's been part of the current administration and it's still 68% over target, and twice what it was when they took office. 

The guy would fail a basic economics test. I hate Trump 16 hours a day. Great political analysis. 

• Confused 1