Donald Trump’s speech during Musk interview sparks health concerns

Just now, placeholder said:

I did explain why it wasn't a 200% wage rise but 150% in real terms.

As for the 300% in nominal terms do you really need me to explain why earnings that go from $100 to $300 constitute a 300% increase?

Actually, up to now you haven't explained this at all:

image.png.14094b470e8ac6638fe8840d0bc81c20.png

which is understandable since it makes no sense.

Wrong again. It is a 50% rise in real terms.

59 minutes ago, placeholder said:

More empty denigration. I'll  explain to you in terms that require only a basic mastery of arithmetic. If someone earns let's say $100 per week and then 10 years later earns $300 per week but the purchasing power of a dollar has fallen by 50%, has their total purchasing power decreased, remained the same, or increased?

Basic math

200% nominal increase

Everything is twice as expensive so $300 buys $150 worth of goods from before. So real wages have gone up 50%.

2/2 for me. 

And your point is? You want large wage rises? 

4 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Wrong again. It is a 50% rise in real terms.

Now you're just dabbling in semantics. I noted that in real terms the amount is $150. Your claim of $200 is false. And you've still offered no explanation for it.

• Sad 1

If so many people think Trump is the best thing that  the USA can drag up as candidate for President, God help the USA (and the rest of the World!) 

The man is a dangerous buffoon, and a convicted felon at that! He should be in jail, not running for President.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

But non-morons know differently

Look at the corporate tax rates when Americans real income was rapidly on the rise:

image.png.02082623b0e0620a099408d121eee94e.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/corporate-tax-rate

According to you, from 1941 to 2017, Americans were suffering from the high taxes on corporations.

Your graph does not support your claims. 

Where do corporations get the money to pay their taxes? Do you think they just take that hit? 

The left has been in power for the last 12 out of 16 years, and at their convention, all they can do is go on and on about how terrible things are, and how they're going to make things right if you just reelect them.

They are in office now. 

Kamala promised to: 

Raise corporate taxes to 28%, which every non-moron knows comes out of consumer's pockets. 

Raise capital gains taxes to 44.6%, which will stifle the economy.

Initiate 25% tax on unrealized capital gains, taxing the money you have not made yet. 

$25K for first time home buyers, which will only drive of the cost

Free medical for illegals 

Amnesty & citizenship for all the illegals already in the country. 

Etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

If so many people think Trump is the best thing that  the USA can drag up as candidate for President, God help the USA (and the rest of the World!) 

The man is a dangerous buffoon, and a convicted felon at that! He should be in jail, not running for President.

He had the best economy in 50 years. That is why. 

1 minute ago, maesariang said:

Nice guy. Lives a good life. 

Agree with lives a "good life", if you mean having a lavish lifestyle,  but it depends on how you interpret "good"! 

And I have to disagree about "nice guy", but there again I don't know him personally - do you?

Just now, sambum said:

Agree with lives a "good life", if you mean having a lavish lifestyle,  but it depends on how you interpret "good"! 

And I have to disagree about "nice guy", but there again I don't know him personally - do you?

Every guy on the internet who hates him claims to be an expert. I listen to what his friends say. They speak highly of him. Biden has no friends, Harris has no friends. 

3 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Every guy on the internet who hates him claims to be an expert. I listen to what his friends say. They speak highly of him. Biden has no friends, Harris has no friends. 

Friends like Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougall for instance? 

Anybody's friends will speak highly of their friend otherwise they wouldn't be friends now would they? Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!!!

By the way, I do not profess to be an expert on Trump - I only go by the things that he has done (and been convicted of) and to

be honest, I can not understand how a convicted criminal can even be ALLOWED to run for President, and understand even less people like you and the hordes of people who support him! 

Mind you, I'm British - I probably have a different mindset to  lots of Americans! 

And when you say Biden and Harris have no friends, I believe you are talking out of your "butt" - they wouldn't be where they are if they didn't have any friends, now would they? 

1 minute ago, sambum said:

Friends like Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougall for instance? 

Anybody's friends will speak highly of their friend otherwise they wouldn't be friends now would they? Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!!!

By the way, I do not profess to be an expert on Trump - I only go by the things that he has done (and been convicted of) and to

be honest, I can not understand how a convicted criminal can even be ALLOWED to run for President, and understand even less people like you and the hordes of people who support him! 

Mind you, I'm British - I probably have a different mindset to  lots of Americans! 

And when you say Biden and Harris have no friends, I believe you are talking out of your "butt" - they wouldn't be where they are if they didn't have any friends, now would they? 

Trump has multiple friends that speak highly of him. Biden has no real friends. Lots of people just use him.

19 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Fake charges. Nobody cares except the haters.

"Fake charges"? You're as bad as your master! "I'll agree with the verdict as long as I win"??????

I am sorry but I see no sense in your rhetoric, so you are going on my "Ignored" list,  but I find it alarming that so many people think as you do. 🤯

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Your graph does not support your claims. 

Where do corporations get the money to pay their taxes? Do you think they just take that hit? 

The left has been in power for the last 12 out of 16 years, and at their convention, all they can do is go on and on about how terrible things are, and how they're going to make things right if you just reelect them.

They are in office now. 

Kamala promised to: 

Raise corporate taxes to 28%, which every non-moron knows comes out of consumer's pockets. 

Raise capital gains taxes to 44.6%, which will stifle the economy.

Initiate 25% tax on unrealized capital gains, taxing the money you have not made yet. 

$25K for first time home buyers, which will only drive of the cost

Free medical for illegals 

Amnesty & citizenship for all the illegals already in the country. 

Etc. 

Link?

3 hours ago, maesariang said:

I'm guessing you didn't listen to Stephanie Grisham? Many of his closest friends don't speak highly of him. Stop trolling

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, sambum said:

"Fake charges"? You're as bad as your master! "I'll agree with the verdict as long as I win"??????

I am sorry but I see no sense in your rhetoric, so you are going on my "Ignored" list,  but I find it alarming that so many people think as you do. 🤯

There is no master, no cult. Your posts are all weird.

People want better policies 

11 minutes ago, luckymitchell said:

The musk - trump, nearly 1 billion views....quite a lot for 'the most unpopular president ever'

Messenger_creation_e728dad5-5277-4593-9642-b79e57b1af7e.jpeg

You apparently missed the explanation of what constitutes a view. It doesn't take much. And there's always the train wreck factor to consider, too.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

You apparently missed the explanation of what constitutes a view. It doesn't take much. And there's always the train wreck factor to consider, too.

You can try and move the goal posts as much as you want, but Its the largest audience to date, even if it was half the amount that is still  huge and wipes the floor with the legacy media and their dwindling viewership. It also shows that people want to hear what they have to say.  the fact the the over 50's made up less than 1% shows  how out of touch you oldies are. especially while callin it a train wreck when you didn't even listen to any of it