Ohio Police Officer Charged with Murder of 21 Year old Pregnant Woman

Social Media

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

They are all stupid over there Fred.

the cop was wrong, the thief was wrong. 
terrible place and they have appointed themselves “world police”.

God help us all.

I'm thinking not all are stupid. After all, the US is a world power with some of the best schools, teachers, doctors, scientists, inventions, and military.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Do you have a clue how dangerous it is to shoot at tires on a moving vehicle in a public parking lot?

Cops don't have a legal or moral responsibility to get the hell out of the way when someone's making an escape.

If the car is 10ft from you and moving at 2 miles an hour ............ IMHO, not that dangerous.

But armed white US police are well known for shooting unarmed motorists, especially if they're black.

Edited by BritManToo

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's also got schools with metal detectors, teachers that have sex with pupils, doctors that only treat you if you can pay, Nazi scientists, nuclear weapons, and a military that invades other countries to steal their oil.

Guess you've never been there and only go by what some say online. Every country has what you described. Besides the metal detectors, which should be in all schools to keep out the maniacs, like the one here who killed 23 kids and a few adults with a knife, former policeman, and the military here isn't as necessary as the one in the world's superpower, because America, a nation of all countries, has its disturbed enemies that don't like the freedom we have and want to take that away from us by acts of terrorism. By the way, there are hospitals there which have to accept you no matter what.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Guess you've never been there and only go by what some say online. Every country has what you described. Besides the metal detectors, which should be in all schools to keep out the maniacs, like the one here who killed 23 kids and a few adults with a knife, former policeman, and the military here isn't as necessary as the one in the world's superpower, because America, a nation of all countries, has its disturbed enemies that don't like the freedom we have and want to take that away from us by acts of terrorism. By the way, there are hospitals there which have to accept you no matter what.

Lol, no. Far from all countries have metal detectors at schools, Nazi scientist, doctors that only treat you if you can pay (universal care), nuclear weapons, etc 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Lol, no. Far from all countries have metal detectors at schools, Nazi scientist, doctors that only treat you if you can pay (universal care), nuclear weapons, etc 

I said besides the metal detectors. America has hospitals where they have to take everyone, especially without insurance. I've been to a few myself, as has all of my friends. America is not the only country with nuclear weapons., if that's what you're suggesting. I've never heard of a Nazi scientist in modern day America. Plenty of disturbed Nazi wannabes disguised as white supremacists, KKK members and racist idiots, right up to the White House.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, NowNow said:

Why was his gun drawn in the first place? Was there any evidence that she was armed and dangerous?

His tactic was to stand in front of the car and shoot her if she tried to move.  That's clearly manslaughter. Nothing to do with politics. 

It strikes me that if someone was driving a car at me I'd be more inclined to get out of

the way first. She can always be picked up later.

Maybe too many Dirty Harry films?

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't define freedom as the ability to be shot dead in your car while out shopping.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I don't define freedom as the ability to be shot dead in your car while out shopping.

A lot worse happens daily in most countries. Police in America do go overboard and it's something that needs to stop, but narcissists are the first ones to apply for police positions so they can exert their control. Sadly, they get in. I'll never make excuses for those kinds of officials, no matter where they are. America is still free,as opposed to living here.

Edited by fredwiggy

I don't understand why there isn't universal compliance when encountering the police in America as they all carry guns.  Also, since the citizens are allowed to carry guns this makes every interaction a police officer faces potentially a deadly one, which means their hands are going to always be on their guns until they know they are safe.    Every time I see one of these stories I'm left scratching my head as to why the individual that was shot didn't just comply with their requests.  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, tandor said:

Grubb could easily have shot a tyre out..and before you start whining a member of the public could have been injured; a bullet could have easily deflected after hitting laminated glass.

I have shot inflated vehicle tires with a 9mm handgun hitting the tread, not the sidewall.   What was amazing about it was, the bullets bouncing off the tire in different directions and not penetrating the tire. 

I have also fired .22 LR rounds at inflated tires.   They also bounced off, two, bouncing right back and past me, with a whizzing or whining sound.   

With both the 9mm and .22 LR rounds, I stopped shooting tires after about 3 rounds each when I realized what was happening.   I think I almost earned the Darwin Award in those instances.  

Assuming he shot the front windshield as the car moved towards the police officer and the bullet was deflected by the glass, and not penetrated, it would have most likely gone up and over the car. 

Usually, based on tests I have seen of shooting the front windshield of a vehicle, the deflection is off from the point of aim, after penetrating the windshield. 

3 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I have shot inflated vehicle tires with a 9mm handgun hitting the tread, not the sidewall.   What was amazing about it was, the bullets bouncing off the tire in different directions and not penetrating the tire. 

I have also fired .22 LR rounds at inflated tires.   They also bounced off, two, bouncing right back and past me, with a whizzing or whining sound.   

With both the 9mm and .22 LR rounds, I stopped shooting tires after about 3 rounds each when I realized what was happening.   I think I almost earned the Darwin Award in those instances.  

Assuming he shot the front windshield as the car moved towards the police officer and the bullet was deflected by the glass, and not penetrated, it would have most likely gone up and over the car. 

Usually, based on tests I have seen of shooting the front windshield of a vehicle, the deflection is off from the point of aim, after penetrating the windshield. 

points taken..i was being melodramatic..i realise tyres of rubber compound would deflect a bullet..he should have proceeded by Summons seeing as it was not a serious matter, after all he had the license plate, description of the thief matching that of the driver, plus his body-cam footage. Wonderful thing hindsight.

10 hours ago, tandor said:

points taken..i was being melodramatic..i realise tyres of rubber compound would deflect a bullet..he should have proceeded by Summons seeing as it was not a serious matter, after all he had the license plate, description of the thief matching that of the driver, plus his body-cam footage. Wonderful thing hindsight.

I watched the video.  I'm thinking he panicked.  

• Thanks 1