What are the chances part 2

I know no answer I get is official just looking for pease of mine. So I was in Thailand from February until June on a tourist visa. I had an overstay because I had a regular tourist visa but got a 90 day stamp. I went to an visa tourist offices around town and they said great you can stay for 90 days they wont penalize you for there mistake. At the end I go to get a thirty day extension but they say no so I end up overstaying like 51 days. However when I left Thailand they only charged me for the 21 days. I went to the Philippines for a week and went back to Thailand they let me in I stayed like 25 days. Coming in they only asked for my flight leaving Thailand. One thing that was different was when I was leaving they kinda looked at me funny because the flight I said I'd fly leaving was different from one I ended up using.

My question is do you think I get any <deleted> coming back I plan to return in October so 3 month out but I'm just trying to see what you guys think.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, worldtraveler3 said:

I know no answer I get is official just looking for pease of mine. So I was in Thailand from February until June on a tourist visa. I had an overstay because I had a regular tourist visa but got a 90 day stamp. I went to an visa tourist offices around town and they said great you can stay for 90 days they wont penalize you for there mistake. At the end I go to get a thirty day extension but they say no so I end up overstaying like 51 days. However when I left Thailand they only charged me for the 21 days. I went to the Philippines for a week and went back to Thailand they let me in I stayed like 25 days. Coming in they only asked for my flight leaving Thailand. One thing that was different was when I was leaving they kinda looked at me funny because the flight I said I'd fly leaving was different from one I ended up using.

My question is do you think I get any <deleted> coming back I plan to return in October so 3 month out but I'm just trying to see what you guys think.

I think you should be fine, just avoid female immigration officer at the airport 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

3 months out then enter again visa exempt should be fine.

Don't overstay in future. 

You will need flight out within 60 days.

Check out "onwardticket.com" 

That's my thinking as well. I think the fact that they already let me comeback in after my overstay with just a week out makes it look like there not holding a grudge so to speak. Yea that site is the one I use I'll have my flight out booked with them thanks for the reassurance.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those spending considerable time in Thailand, and who wish to re-enter as a Tourist (Visa or Exempt), the best peace of mind is always flying to a neighboring country, and entering Thailand via a land border (other than the infamous Poipet/Aranyaprathet crossing). 

If your plans to be here are extended, look into the 5-year multiple-entry DTV, which is available at nearby consulates, or from your passport-country. 

If you spend time in your passport-country, the METV is also an option, with a lower "money in the bank" requirement - though involves more border-bouncing and extensions at immigration.

1 hour ago, Rob Browder said:

If you spend time in your passport-country, the METV is also an option, with a lower "money in the bank" requirement - though involves more border-bouncing and extensions at immigration.

Why would anyone ever get a METV again if you can get the same 60 days entry on visa exempt for free?

By the way, they recently dropped the financial proof for tourist visa. This is the current e-visa requirements

Screenshot_20240815_173609_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why would anyone ever get a METV again if you can get the same 60 days entry on visa exempt for free?

Where is for free? You don't know that you have to spend money for transportation and for buy a visa at the border? Even if you fly you have to pay for a ticket. It's not free at all 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Where is for free? You don't know that you have to spend money for transportation and for buy a visa at the border? Even if you fly you have to pay for a ticket. It's not free at all 

18 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

By the way, they recently dropped the financial proof for tourist visa. This is the current e-visa requirements

Screenshot_20240815_173609_Samsung Internet.jpg

I will probably apply for a METV when I will go back to my country. It's just 5000 thb and I think is always better to come back to Thailand with a visa

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

As of right now, that is true - given the "no limit" on exempt entries by land.  The primary reason the METV was valuable, is one could use friendly entry-points more than 2x with it. 

But if one had to fly 1/2 way around the world on a special trip for it, then, no.  We will see how exempt entry-policy plays out over-time. 

The best option is the DTV, if under-50, not married to a Thai, and can show 500K.

On 8/15/2024 at 5:46 PM, Jack1988 said:

I will probably apply for a METV when I will go back to my country. It's just 5000 thb and I think is always better to come back to Thailand with a visa

Ultimately it won't make a big difference if you max out your METVs back to back, sooner or later an IO might still determine that it's been too much.

If your goal is to spend most of the time in Thailand, why not get a DTV? It's valid for 5 years and costs only twice the fee for an METV. Excellent value. 

On 8/14/2024 at 11:12 PM, Jack1988 said:

I think you should be fine, just avoid female immigration officer at the airport 

in all my years arriving i've pretty much always chosen a female IO and never had any problem or issue whatsoever, i think it says more about the guys having issues than female IOs.

• Thumbs Up 2