Fire in Soi Charan Sanitwong Damages 16 Houses

Georgealbert

IMG_4455.jpeg

Picture from responders

August 15, at about 15.10, a fire broke out in Soi Charan Sanitwong 79, damaging 16 houses, in a residential area located in Bang Phlat district, Bangkok. 

Firefighters and rescue teams from the local Bang Ao Fire Station, plus rescue foundations were dispatched to the scene to control the blaze, with support being provided by neighbouring areas.

Initial investigations revealed the fire started in a cluster of two-storey wooden houses. There was one person at home in the house where the fire started, who stated that he noticed a fire break out at the head of a large cooking gas cylinder, which then quickly spread through the home, forcing him to have to escape the house by jumping from the second floor, sustaining injuries, The fire  caused significant smoke and flames, and started to spread to the adjacent properties.

By 15.30 responders reported that the fire had engulfed four neighbouring houses, with the first house completely destroyed, and responders were actively working to extinguish the flames, but faced difficulties, due to the limited and narrow access at the scene,  plus the homes being located close together.

At 16.00, responders stated that fire was successfully contained on all sides, thus preventing any further spread, but by this time 16 houses had been effected by the fire (see drone image below), It took several hours before all parts of the fire was fully extinguished. 12 houses were destroyed by the fire and 4 others partially danaged.

One volunteer responder suffered smoke inhalation injuries and was treated by emergency medical services from the Erawan Centre before being taken to hospital for checks.

An investigation is underway to try to verify the cause of the fire and an assessment of the total losses is being calculated.

IMG_4457.jpeg

Drone image of the damage

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-16

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

IMG_4460.jpeg

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

When will people learn not to have gas cylinders inside ? just drill a hole in the wall !   :post-4641-1156694572:

And kiss your cylinder goodbye the first night.

35 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

And kiss your cylinder goodbye the first night.

There are things called locks and chains in case you hadn't heard and CVT . Mine has been outside unlocked for 6 yrs and never had one stolen, I'd rather lose a cylinder than my house. 

gas.jpg.98a625b0b2246a4eff0c442986e5df6d.jpg  can fit big chain and wall eyelet if wanted.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

There are things called locks and chains in case you hadn't heard and CVT . Mine has been outside unlocked for 6 yrs and never had one stolen, I'd rather lose a cylinder than my house. 

gas.jpg.98a625b0b2246a4eff0c442986e5df6d.jpg  can fit big chain and wall eyelet if wanted.

Gone in seconds.

download.jpg