Walz Criticized Over Military Service Claims- ABC News

Hanaguma

1 hour ago, marin said:

Its brainwashed die hard Trump fans like you that are going to make it easier for Harris. Your whole premise is based on BS and negativity just again like Trump. Americans want a brighter future and a way forward. Not what you and your fellow Trump supporters want. 

Actually, the BS is Walz' false and inaccurate characterization of his Guard service, from the day he quit to the present. He has constantly inflated (to be charitable) his achievements and activities. He has let others inflate it as well, without correcting them. 

Where is the BS in Walz quitting before a major deployment, and before his enlistment contract was finished? Or his conduct afterwards?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Why is it relevant?  AFAIK, Marine basic training includes basic safety and handling of explosives, from grenades to land mines to Claymores.  Also extensive weapons training, to a higher level than the regular Army or the Guard. 

Now, back to Walz and his decision to leave his unit in the lurch before a major deployment...

Every day here you run down Walz for retiring after 24 years in the Army, when after 20 years he can retire whenever he likes..

Now you tell me what was Vance munitions expertise in his combat zone, the time he was proud of........?

So, tell me, it must be easy for you, as you support HIS service....🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

It is British military slang, which is widely used on civvy street as well.

In fact, I would say that most educated adult Brits know what a Walt is.

Am I a Walt?

As an ex member of the British army, who served in 2 theaters of war, I find that question very offensive.

Is that how you usually talk to veterans, questioning their service while hiding behind a keyboard?

Remind me again, where did you serve Trannie?

Walt to us UK blokes is short for Walter-Mittey, so Google says, which you say you are, in the services it means telling lies...

So thanks for clearing that up....😉

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Every day here you run down Walz for retiring after 24 years in the Army, when after 20 years he can retire whenever he likes..

Now you tell me what was Vance munitions expertise in his combat zone, the time he was proud of........?

So, tell me, it must be easy for you, as you support HIS service....🤔

He was in the National Guard, not the regular Army. Any American veteran would distinguish between the two. You apparently do not have the ability to do so. The Guard is a part of the Army, but the two services are very different. The Guard is part time and lets the members carry on their normal lives while training one weekend a month. 

After 20 years, Walz could have retired. But he chose to sign up for an additional 6 years. Then he failed to complete that contract, coincidentally (?) with his unit being readied for overseas deployment. His fellow Guardsmen are virtually unanimous that it was a weak and selfish decision at best. Further, his distortions and 'mis spokes' afterwards are not good.

Thought I answered about Vance already. As a Marine, his training would have included things like hand grenades, anti personnel mines (like the Claymore) and so on. And he did spend 6 months in Iraq in a combat zone. Six months more than Walz ever did, by the way.  He was not a combat soldier, as you well know. But during an insurgency everyone in the combat zone is at risk. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

He was in the National Guard, not the regular Army. Any American veteran would distinguish between the two. You apparently do not have the ability to do so. The Guard is a part of the Army, but the two services are very different. The Guard is part time and lets the members carry on their normal lives while training one weekend a month. 

After 20 years, Walz could have retired. But he chose to sign up for an additional 6 years. Then he failed to complete that contract, coincidentally (?) with his unit being readied for overseas deployment. His fellow Guardsmen are virtually unanimous that it was a weak and selfish decision at best. Further, his distortions and 'mis spokes' afterwards are not good.

Thought I answered about Vance already. As a Marine, his training would have included things like hand grenades, anti personnel mines (like the Claymore) and so on. And he did spend 6 months in Iraq in a combat zone. Six months more than Walz ever did, by the way.  He was not a combat soldier, as you well know. But during an insurgency everyone in the combat zone is at risk. 

Explain this, much more important: "It is a disgrace that people attack a person who served his country for decades and applaud a guy who calls people who got tortured while serving their country, suckers and losers."

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Explain this, much more important: "It is a disgrace that people attack a person who served his country for decades and applaud a guy who calls people who got tortured while serving their country, suckers and losers."

Wow, did Walz say that?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

You are a disgrace to those who put on a uniform for you.

And all to protect a lying criminal felon.......:coffee1:

I put the uniform on myself.  Served my full enlistment. 

How about you?

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Mazungu said:

Captain Bone Spurs has never respected the military or veterans. Here he is totally disrespecting the military by saying the Presidential Medal of Freedom (given to civilians) is better than the Congressional Medal of Honor (given to soldiers alive or dead for the highest act of bravery). And he's bragging he gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to one of his billionaire donors. Shameful!

Deflect away. 

Now how about Walz?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I put the uniform on myself.  Served my full enlistment. 

How about you?

I am not in the equation, you are trashing a guy that did his time and retired when he wanted too.....

You are a disgrace, end of story, you also will not tell me what your man Vance munitions expertise was in the theatre..... 

Why is that, you are backing the bloke......?  🤕

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Deflect away. 

Now how about Walz?

Maybe you missed it. See my post from August 8th, page 4 of the thread titled "Kamala Harris's VP Choice: Did She Make Her First Major Campaign Mistake?"

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

He learned about his unit's deployment in late 2004. Promised his fellow Guard members he would stay.

He lied.

Go away, you look stupid.........🤣

• Sad 1

Just now, transam said:

I am not in the equation, you are trashing a guy that did his time and retired when he wanted too.....

You are a disgrace, end of story, you also will not tell me what your man Vance munitions expertise was in the theatre..... 

Why is that, you are backing the bloke......?  🤕

Think I answered about Vance. What is your interest in munitions,  and why do you think it is so important?

You obviously have little experience or knowledge of military affairs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

How about Walz? What can be said? He served his country well in one role and then in a different role. I think he's popular because people know that there is no evidence he left the army for the reasons you assume and attempts to paint it that way are dirty politics and lame. He's a gutsy guy - getting out there and fighting the good fight in a different way. Takes guts to try and be vice president. 

He served well. He quit poorly.  His fellow Guardsmen largely agree that his behavior was reprehensible.  And his post Guard BS storytelling is similarly bad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Think I answered about Vance. What is your interest in munitions,  and why do you think it is so important?

You obviously have little experience or knowledge of military affairs.  

I know the answer, but you are ashamed to say he did nothing regarding combat in the theatres...........😂

So I have read........🤭

But, you carry on with your crusade, which the actual big chair contenders have given up on, hence, you are looking stupid....🤭

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Mazungu said:
15 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

He learned about his unit's deployment in late 2004. Promised his fellow Guard members he would stay.

He lied.

Please post your source. Or are you spreading misinformation?

Yes please do that. Its kind of imperative you do as you have been slandering the man for the last few days. So very simply put up or shut up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Not if ABC is getting on the game it isn't.  

Like I said, guys who misrepresent their service is a sore point for me.  If you don't care, feel free not to toss in your two bahts' worth. 

Isn't the ABC one of your dreaded lefty outlets you MAGA types never stop whining about? Changed your view when reporting on an issue suits your POV - Lol

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Isn't the ABC one of your dreaded lefty outlets you MAGA types never stop whining about? Changed your view when reporting on an issue suits your POV - Lol

He did a LOT of searching to find something, anything, from anywhere..........😆

1 minute ago, transam said:

He did a LOT of searching to find something, anything, from anywhere..........😆

Yep, they're so predictable and boring - just like their hero - bone spurs...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Yep, they're so predictable and boring - just like their hero - bone spurs...

Bone Spurs, I wonder how much that cost his dad......:whistling:

Just a thought...🤭

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Mazungu said:

Please post your source. Or are you spreading misinformation?

Source;

https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/08/video-tim-walz-knew-his-unit-deploying-to-iraq-and-promised-to-go-with-them-when-he-suddenly-retired/

CNN interview with a real Command Sergeant Major, and Walz superior in the chain of command.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Source;

https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/08/video-tim-walz-knew-his-unit-deploying-to-iraq-and-promised-to-go-with-them-when-he-suddenly-retired/

CNN interview with a real Command Sergeant Major, and Walz superior in the chain of command.

So in April 2004 Walz returns home after spending a year on an overseas deployment. In late 2004 (your source) or early 2005 (my source) Walz is informed of a possible but unconfirmed deployment to serve in Iraq within the next two years. Military service is honorable and difficult but to expect National Guard troops to put their lives on hold for 2 years (especially after already serving 24 years) is a bit extreme. I think most rational people would agree. 

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/swift-boat-walz/

March 2005: Walz’s newly-formed campaign for a Congressional House seat releases a press release that indicates Walz is aware of a possible but unconfirmed deployment, though no official orders have been announced. “The National Guard Public Affairs Office announced a possible partial mobilization of roughly 2,000 troops from the Minnesota National Guard,” the press release said. “The announcement from the National Guard PAO specified that all or a portion of Walz’s battalion could be mobilized to serve in Iraq within the next two years…

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1