Thai's are the friendliest, good natured, nicest people I've ever met

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry,have to disagree ...  if he is the sole provider and breadwinner he can do as he damn well pleases in my book.  He only gets a short break so he can please himself what makes his break enjoyable, not what the others want or think. :vampire:

I suspect that's the way he thinks also ... 

That's fair and understandable and that's his prerogative ...

but that priority doesn't equate with it being "so hard being away from family for 28 days",

if all he does is piss it up when he does get time to be with them.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I am not having, accepting or believing this.

You obviously know nothing about Thais.

A university educated Thai would find working, even part-time as a Bolt driver, demeaning.

They would consider it low class and a severe loss of face.

You are confused, you need to educate yourself if you are making comment on offshore rig workers. 

Rig Pig's do things differently .

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Now you really are talking nonsense.

Early start today, was it?

One thing I do know after living and working with them for 30 years, employing a great deal of them, speaking the language.....is Thais and the way they go about things.

I have worked and been involved with Thais from all levels and walks of life.

And your rig culture doesn't trump Thai culture, mannerisms and behavioural patterns.

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah. You know best. 

Lots of your type here. 

I'm not bothered explaining any more for those who won't listen. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I left Pattaya after selling the hotel a long time ago.

I now live a long way away from there, and I am happy that I do.

Likewise, I live now in what could be considered Real Thailand.

A much quieter more peaceful life.

Pattaya is full of sex pats, ex-SAS members, Secret Service, drunks, conmen, crooks and dreamers.

There are also the losers and the jealous and those whose brains have become addled with alcohol.

That is not the style I wish to be associated with.

You see, you can reinvent yourself and pretend to be anything you want to be in Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok etc

My life now may be considered boring by the likes of some Pattaya expats, but it suits me.

Boring is the new good 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Now you really are talking nonsense.

Early start today, was it?

One thing I do know after living and working with them for 30 years, employing a great deal of them, speaking the language.....is Thais and the way they go about things.

I have worked and been involved with Thais from all levels and walks of life.

And your rig culture doesn't trump Thai culture, mannerisms and behavioural patterns.

And if they speak English and have a degree they think they deserve a CEO position in the company.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You are confused, you need to educate yourself if you are making comment on offshore rig workers. 

Rig Pig's do things differently .

I know a few but none of them start drinking at 7 AM.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

In my experience I have always found Thais to be very friendly.

I occasionally stand at the end of our driveway with the dog........and all but males, 16 to 20-ish, tend to give a smile, friendly wave or shout hello as they pass by on their tractors and motorbikes.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I occasionally stand at the end of our driveway with the dog........and all but males, 16 to 20-ish, tend to give a smile, friendly wave or shout hello as they pass by on their tractors and motorbikes.

I quite agree with the sentiments of many posters here who’ve stated that the vast majority of Thai’s are naturally very pleasant characters….

A recent trip to Istanbul highlighted the difference where unless buying something the vast majority are blatant lying, scamming cheats… 

Its perhaps different away from the tourist area’s & that’s also perhaps true of Thailand where genuine pleasantness is more likely to be witnessed away from tourist areas.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A recent trip to Istanbul highlighted the difference where unless buying something the vast majority are blatant lying, scamming cheats… 

...for a second there I thought you were talking about Thailand!

bob.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

Boring is the new good 😀

There is always something exciting going on  upcountry. If there isn't , rest assured that someone will make drama. So many nosey relatives and neighbors. 

10 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Perhaps, they probably think they are making merit by being kind to the old man standing on the street waving at anyone who goes by?

• Love It 1

On 8/17/2024 at 12:51 PM, Presnock said:

thay're fake here too....try to register a pair of Oakley's from a local big name shop - no can do from Thailand.

Maui Jim's .. for the last 20 years   still going strong

On 8/17/2024 at 5:27 PM, brianthainess said:

And you call yourself SAFETY FIRST what a joke, drinking at that hour, I wouldn't want to work with you.

as oppossed to all those goody two shoes church go'ers that justify drinking in the am because it's a fancy drink ?

his time off.  and he's on a diff time cycle...      

image.jpeg.67ba444e020c3cdd61d28903866f1906.jpegTito's Bloody Mary Recipe | Tito's ...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/17/2024 at 1:17 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's one of a few early morning, Thai friends drinking spots. 

Got to mix it up otherwise life gets boring. 

I'm sure you have in-depth interesting conversations with your Bolt mates when you venture to their hangout.

I'm sure they're really great conversationalists and happy drunks like you obviously are.

Tom

• Like 1

Abusive, bickering and off topic posts removed. You've been warned by at least 2 other moderators, it's time for warnings and posting restrictions.

So be careful what you post!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, eggzthaioz said:

I'm sure you have in-depth interesting conversations with your Bolt mates when you venture to their hangout.

Read the thread mate, these guys, part time bolt drivers are co-workers that I've known for years, we mostly talk about the drilling rigs, work stuff. 

1 hour ago, eggzthaioz said:

I'm sure they're really great conversationalists and happy drunks like you obviously are.

Tom

They don't get drunk Tom, the boys just have a few beers after working night shift before going home to sleep with their families. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

There is always something exciting going on  upcountry. If there isn't , rest assured that someone will make drama. So many nosey relatives and neighbors. 

Perhaps, they probably think they are making merit by being kind to the old man standing on the street waving at anyone who goes by?

Rude

• Haha 1

I lived and worked in South Korea for twelve years. Nearly all of the Koreans that I knew personally were exceedingly kind, generous, and helpful people. The vast majority of the people on the streets, buses, and subways, sad to say, were horrible, not only to me as a foreigner, but also, to a lesser extent, horrible to each other. Koreans are extremely rude, aggressive, inconsiderate, pushy, hostile, and self-centered people.

The concept of forming a line (or a queue, as those still using antiquated English say) is totally alien to them. Leaving South Korea was like being released from prison. Then why stay for twelve years, you might ask. The answer is: CHING-CHING!!! The considerable amount of money I made there has allowed me to retire here in Thailand and to live the remainder of my life, I hope, in serenity and comfort. 

Yes, Thais are very friendly I have experienced this myself, during my years in LOS I got broken into a few times got a unit burned down and got threatened with a shotgun by my FIL  but Thais are nice.