Hua Hin requiring 12 month statement

News from a good friend today, he went in to extend his Non-O 12m - I think his 3 or 4th in HH. 

After driving up from Bang Saphan, he was told he needed to produce a 12 month statement - he only had 6 months, idk why, I only need to produce two.

Whilst he packed up his documents, the IO

suggested to his wife, that for a sum it’s possible to get a retirement visa - it may have been suggested that there would be no paperwork, just a stamp. Strange really, my buddy isn’t 50 yet. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience at that office? 

ets- he is on a extension based upon marriage. 

Edited by recom273
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

Is it not obvious I am referring to retirement extension, as was the OP?

The OP is talking about Marriage Extension.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, recom273 said:

suggested to his wife, that for a sum it’s possible to get a retirement visa - it may have been suggested that there would be no paperwork, just a stamp. Strange really, my buddy isn’t 50 yet. 

FFS. Read the OP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, recom273 said:

News from a good friend today, he went in to extend his Non-O 12m - I think his 3 or 4th in HH. 

After driving up from Bang Saphan, he was told he needed to produce a 12 month statement - he only had 6 months, idk why, I only need to produce two.

Anything to avoid the "hard work" of processing a Marriage-Based extension.  Asking for not-needed / made-up things is a common way they do this.  After sending him away, they can go back to the more important task of playing on their phones.

33 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I would guess the IO had not checked his age, yet. 

The way they tend to work, is go down their list of "ways to avoid doing the extension," stop at the first one, and kick you out.  When you come back, they find the next method of work-avoidance on their list of irrelevant, made-up (expletive), and hit you with that one.  The more trips they force you to make, the less likely you are to bother them again.

Edited by Rob Browder
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Just have done my Marriage Extension 3 days ago at Hua Hin, no 12 month Statement needed. As usual only Bank Letter and copies of Bankbook for last two month.

OK - will pass on the info. Thanks.

@DrJack54 honestly, not a misunderstanding. He’s been had over by HH in the past, when he moved from the Deep South, they refused to do the extension on a visa that had already been extended at another office and he had a choice of leaving the country to get another visa or drop some coin.

@mokwit Exactly - the IO refused his non-o based on marriage application due to not having a 12 month statement and suggested a special retirement visa, no funds needed. So basically the IO probably didn’t read the application, just tossed it back and suggested the retirement, even tho the guy isn’t 50. 

The guy doesn’t really participate in forums, he’s straight up, him and his wife aren’t too aware of procedure, no cause to lie to me on a casual conversation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John49 said:

This is all about the “sum” - that will be considerably larger than 1,900 baht?

Yes, it might have been the equivalent of 1000B per month, which I hear is quite reasonable - the thing is he’s got the dough in the bank, it’s a total stitch-up.

@Rob Browder Yeah, mad isn’t it? maybe he left it too late in the afternoon. The IO didn’t even read the application to understand that the guy wasn’t even 50, his wife didn’t tell him about the offer of the service until on the way home. 

I’m not too sure what he can do, I don’t think he would go back and square up to the IO and insist. Prolly just go back with the statement, which I believe has to be ordered  in advance, idk. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UWEB said:

For Marriage Extension you don't have to be 50 or older.

Did you miss this part of OP..

"Whilst he packed up his documents, the IO suggested to his wife that for a sum it’s possible to get a retirement visa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

honestly, not a misunderstanding. He’s been had over by HH in the past, when he moved from the Deep South, they refused to do the extension on a visa that had already been extended at another office and he had a choice of leaving the country to get another visa or drop some coin.

Your posts are vague at best.

The OP is not credible account of events. 

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you miss this part of OP..

"Whilst he packed up his documents, the IO suggested to his wife hat for a sum it’s possible to get a retirement visa

That is what they always doing at IO Hua Hin to avoid all the work and Home visit. I always say strict no way and they proceed with my Marriage Extension.

41 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I have passed on the answer from a person who used the office two days prior without an issue.

In other words second hand report.

The extension based on retirement would not be possible as under 50. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In other words second hand report.

The extension based on retirement would not be possible as under 50. 

I have passed on the first hand report from the poster above to my friend who is had the issues. 

7 hours ago, UWEB said:

Just have done my Marriage Extension 3 days ago at Hua Hin, no 12 month Statement needed. As usual only Bank Letter and copies of Bankbook for last two month.

7 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I have passed on the first hand report from the poster above to my friend who is had the issues. 

Which was vague to say the least.

If using income method then immigration would require 12 months of bank statements showing 40k + transfer each month.

If using money in bank method then 2 months of bankbook balances most likely sufficient.

At the most 3  month bank statement.

Along with bank letter. That confirms owner of account and balance.

Again I point out an extension based on retirement would not have been suggested as an option as the "friend" is not 50+

14 hours ago, UWEB said:

Hua Hin Requirements

HuaHinRequirements.png.f122cb88858dce2991f96392c659bac1.png

15 hours ago, mokwit said:

FFS. Read the OP.

Whatever he write is writing nothing makes sense I can't read anything that he's writing understand anything that he's writing 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

The more trips they force you to make, the less likely you are to bother them again.

The more trips they force you to make, the more likely you are to use an agent.

Easier for them, easier for their bank accounts. This is how it works. I sucumbed to this arrangement a few years ago and my agent doesnt even ask me for many docs that used to be demanded. It's a rip, but I'll live longer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UWEB said:

Doing my Marriage POS based on deposit for the 16th time now in Nakhon Pathom,

They insist on a 12 months bank statement
They insist on a bank letter

And they check your bank book.