Pattaya review by stickman Aug 18, 2024

rocket2

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So, according to himself, he doesn't live in Thailand anymore since almost 10 years.

The last two weekly reports he did until last Sunday were from Thailand. I don't know how long he will be here for.

• Like 1

Why is anyone giving Stickman any reading time? He admits to writing about Thailand when not actually in Thailand and this one looks like that as well. He probably watched a couple of youtube videos to get his content 😆 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

The OP has few posts. Is it in fact Stickman posting to generate interest? Surprised this thread is even allowed as it simply drives traffic to that site.

Oh and what exactly is wrong with that ?

Should perhaps we stop taking about YouTubers as well ?

Jealousy perhaps my dear Watson?

One can't enjoy a succelent Chinese meal around you for fear of jealousy?.

• Confused 1

On 8/20/2024 at 5:10 AM, scubascuba3 said:

He's just observing things we know already. One interesting thing:

"If I was to use one word to describe many retirees in Pattaya, it would be “loner”. Many appear to do almost everything alone, which is all fine and well but it also strikes me as sad and a recipe for misery. A lack of friendship and sense of community is not good for one’s general happiness"

It's true social interaction is important otherwise you'll go ting tong

That's why us loaners come and post here, sense of community with out being involved....

16 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Oh something with the name of Galt, I think. Wasn't there a lawsuit? Was it really that long ago?

Yeah, John Galt.  I just read one of his screeds, made it sound like Stickman burned down an orphanage or some such.  I think I saw it on a mongering board. 

12 hours ago, Njoku said:

That's why us loaners come and post here, sense of community with out being involved....

I don't owe anybody! Neither a borrower  nor lender be.

• Like 1

Hanging around the girly bar areas, and only the girly bar areas, talking about how much he doesn't like the girly bar areas and how everyone that goes there is pathetic, like him for example. Seemingly oblivious to the other 80% of Pattaya that has absolutely nothing to do with girly bars.  Reminds me why I stopped reading his garbage years ago.

Edited by shdmn

Stickman has likely made  a lot of $$ from his weekly column.  The idea that he has been able to retain enough readers to sell the site and continue being paid for writing for the past ten or so years without even living in thailand is pretty amazing. 

Perhaps it is time for a new stickman type weekly site to debut that is actually written by someone who lives in thailand.  I do not always agree with what he writes but obvioulsy he has done something very well to keep readers reading and money flowing.

On 8/20/2024 at 2:49 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Years and years of Fat, Ugly, Cheap, Drunk, Old, Lonely snidey comments, while giving himself a free pass.

And never let the chance go by to remind people that you were here in 1998, as though that is something to brag about.

🙄

I was an innocent, new to Thailand, devestated that the girl who told me was the cashier was actually a hooker and probably had a Thaì husband and kids. I wrote to Stickman for advice  and he actually replied and made me feel much better. I still remember it and appreciate him for it. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I was an innocent, new to Thailand, devestated that the girl who told me was the cashier was actually a hooker and probably had a Thaì husband and kids. I wrote to Stickman for advice  and he actually replied and made me feel much better. I still remember it and appreciate him for it. 

Is that you Stickman?

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is that you Stickman?

I still remember that time he selflessly saved me from a burning building.  

😆

Edited by shdmn

4 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

So he told you the same thing any other expat who has spent any amount of time in Thailand would have told you?  What a hero!

Edited by shdmn

13 hours ago, shdmn said:

So he told you the same thing any other expat who has spent any amount of time in Thailand would have told you?  What a hero!

I was back in Australia- pre-facebook, forums  etc. Not really going to run into many Expats there- even if I knew what one was. My friend told me to look up Stickman.  At least he took the time to reply. No reward from him for it. 

19 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I was back in Australia- pre-facebook, forums  etc. Not really going to run into many Expats there- even if I knew what one was. My friend told me to look up Stickman.  At least he took the time to reply. No reward from him for it. 

Yes, many many years ago I used to read his Blog on a regular basis. I even once contacted him and he took the time to reply politely.. so felt he was a decent enough guy. 

Lot of negative people in the world who have to put others down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, many many years ago I used to read his Blog on a regular basis. I even once contacted him and he took the time to reply politely.. so felt he was a decent enough guy. 

Lot of negative people in the world who have to put others down. 

Thanks. Nice reply. Gives more faith in human nature.

• Thumbs Up 1