Mixed kid living in Thailand.

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

If the child is born by a Thai mother in Thailand, the child will (automatically) be a Thai citizen. To my knowledge also a child born by a Thai mother in a foreign country can be Thai citizen.

If you are not married to the mother, you are not legal father, even if your name is on the Thai birth-certificate. To be legal father outside of marriege either a DNA-test is needed, when the child an infant or toddler, or an approval at the local Amphor district-office when the child is 7 years or older; at the Amphor-office both parents and the child needs to be present.

To obtain foreign – and thereby dual – citizenship, you will normally need to be approved father (legal married, or DNA, or by Amphor-approval) and follow the procedure from your home country with legalization of various documents. It can sometimes be little complicated, depending of the country's demand for documentation, especially if not legally married.

It's all irrelevant.

The boy is in Sweden with his father, he was born in Sweden, he has a Swedish passport and Swedish citizenship.

To all intents and purposes, as it stands, the boy is Swedish.

You can quote whatever you like, but I think she has no chance of extracting that boy from Sweden, and he probably wouldn't want to go.

The man must have been recognized as the legal father, otherwise, what is he doing in Sweden.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

It's all irrelevant.

The boy is in Sweden with his father, he was born in Sweden, he has a Swedish passport and Swedish citizenship.

To all intents and purposes, as it stands, the boy is Swedish.

You can quote whatever you like, but I think she has no chance of extracting that boy from Sweden, and he probably wouldn't want to go.

The man must have been recognized as the legal father, otherwise, what is he doing in Sweden.

I'm replying to the questions in opening post, "Mixed kid living in Thailand", which is also what I quoted...😉

Edited by khunPer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

I'm replying to the questions in opening post, "Mixed kid living in Thailand", which is also what I quoted...😉

That's true - there's some totally contradictory information on this thread from the OP. The thread title says the kid is living in Thailand. Later on the OP says the kid is living in Sweden. Makes it a little confusing.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2024 at 4:18 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's true - there's some totally contradictory information on this thread from the OP. The thread title says the kid is living in Thailand. Later on the OP says the kid is living in Sweden. Makes it a little confusing.

Sorry about that, we are in Thailand now, but we live in Swe.

But does that matter?

On 8/21/2024 at 7:38 PM, placnx said:

So in Sweden, does it matter if the couple is married? As long as the father is named on the birth certificate, that would give him all the cards, as long as the child is not kidnapped/taken to Thailand.

On 8/21/2024 at 9:01 AM, Scouse123 said:

I don't think she can, you are holding all the cards.

The boy has Swedish nationality, he has a Swedish passport and father, and he resides in Sweden.

Thanks

• Like 1