TM6 Departure Card

1 hour ago, connda said:

Why the hell am I still carry around a 15 year old TM6 card?  Really - what's the purpose to this nonsensical piece of paper?  It seems to be one of those required photocopied pieces of paper that Thai Immigration wants when submitting a 90 day report in person (at my office - yeah, your office may be different).  And seeing that I recently got a new passport and the stamps transferred, by first 90 day with the new passport has to be done in person.  And here's this freaking 15 year old shred of paper that some archaic Thai laws says I need to keep on me until I leave the country or die, whichever may happen first.  Why?

For your online 90 day report by using the website, it’s not required to enter. If you use the immigration phone  app, it is still required. I’m not sure if that app still works though so don’t worry. After your next report in person, continue reporting on line using the website without the TM6 number. 

Edited by wmlc

6 hours ago, connda said:

Why the hell am I still carry around a 15 year old TM6 card? ...

Is this 15-year-old TM.6 card from your latest arrival in Thailand?

16 hours ago, connda said:

Why the hell am I still carry around a 15 year old TM6 card?  Really - what's the purpose to this nonsensical piece of paper? ...

Nevermind why - TiT is always the answer to such questions.  I laminated mine, as it was starting to fall apart. 

• Haha 1

Why not just remove TM6 from passport and don't include a copy with any application? As TM6 is no longer used how would IO know you still have a valid TM6 if you don't show it to them?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why not just remove TM6 from passport and dont include a copy with any application?

Exactly. 

Even some land borders are not doing them.

On TM47 and the like applications it's not required. 

Recently for the first time since covid I left Thailand for a week. On return no new TM6 as expected. I was required to visit Immigration in person for first 90 day report after return. I had previous TM6 and I asked IO and he said not needed so I asked throw away and he said yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, me too here in Jomtien...but mine is only 4 years old. It's freakin' WHACK-O. I've mentioned to everyone...I can finally be rid of that unnecessary shred of annoyance next month when I finally leave this place for 10 days. They'll prob reinstate in on the day of my return🤣 

Edited by Skeptic7

18 hours ago, connda said:

Thai laws says I need to keep on me until I leave the country or die, whichever may happen first.

Leave the country then return and free yourself from the tm6 “nonsensical piece of paper” before you die and live out your days tm6less 

• Thumbs Up 1

Starting from April 15th! Exemption for submitting TM.6 form at 16 immigration checkpoints*     This is from 15 April - 15 October 2024.

4.2 Specified that aliens entering or leaving the Kingdom through land immigration checkpoints are exempted from submitting Form TM. 6 at 7 checkpoints, namely
(1) Chiang Saen Immigration Checkpoint, Chiang Rai Province
(2) Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge Immigration Checkpoint No. 1, Nong Khai Province
(3) Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge Immigration Checkpoint No. 2, Mukdahan Province
(4) Khlong Luek Immigration Checkpoint, Sa Kaeo Province
(5) Su-ngai Kolok Immigration Checkpoint Narathiwat Province
(6) Betong Immigration Checkpoint, Yala Province
(7) Padang Besar Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla Province
4.3 Specify that aliens entering or leaving
the Kingdom through water immigration checkpoints traveling on cruise and sports ships are exempt from submitting a list according to the list of aliens entering or leaving the Kingdom (Form TM.6) at 5 checkpoints as follows:
(1) Phuket Immigration Checkpoint
(2) Rayong Immigration Checkpoint
(3) Chonburi Immigration Checkpoint
(4) Krabi Immigration Checkpoint
(5) Surat Thani Immigration Office
. This measure exempting the submission of Form TM.6 will be enforced between 15 April 2024 and 15 October 2024, which coincides with Thailand's major tourist festival period. This will facilitate tourists traveling through immigration checkpoints both by land and water, which will help promote more travel from foreign tourists during April - October 2024.

https://ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/documents/27037.pdf

image.png

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why not just remove TM6 from passport and don't include a copy with any application? As TM6 is no longer used how would IO know you still have a valid TM6 if you don't show it to them?

I dunno.  Ask my IO who wanted it the last times I've submitted 90 days in person.  Online hasn't worked for me since my last extension of stay.  If I ask the IO, "Do you know why online isn't working," the answer is always, "No." 

5 hours ago, novacova said:

Leave the country then return and free yourself from the tm6 “nonsensical piece of paper” before you die and live out your days tm6less 

I have no desire at all to leave the country just to get rid of a TM6.

2 minutes ago, connda said:

I have no desire at all to leave the country just to get rid of a TM6.

It's not required for any procedure with immigration or online reports or TM47 via mail.