John Fetterman’s Defiant Stand No Show at DNC: Navigating the Rift in the Democratic Party

Social Media

Before Feterman had his NDE

(near death experience)

I described him as the devil incarnate the way he looked and spoke was so evil.

Feterman had his NDE and the epiphany that went with it that turned him 180 degrees into a good guy.

If Feterman and Kennedy get behind Trump ...the swing states along with the silent majority will vote Republican..

Don't forget you read it here first folks

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Nice to see a Democrat with a backbone.  Too bad it's Harris and not Fetterman running for president. 

Indeed. Not only nice, but unusual.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with someone in their ranks talking some common sense for once. Uncharted territory for the Dems. I wonder if it could be the start of more serious fractures in the party.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Social Media said:

In contrast, she noted that her generation and younger ones—who are often the ones protesting—tend to have a more nuanced view of the region.

I hope future Dictionaries of Synonyms will note that in 2023/4 "nuanced" became a new synonym for "anti-semitic."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, John Drake said:

Fetterman's a working class Democrat who isn't beholden to the wine moms who are Harris' political base.

Depends on what you mean by a working class Democrat. If you mean he supports programs that help the working class, you're making a good point. But if you mean his background is working class, not so much...

" He grew up in an affluent suburb of York, and his parents were conservative Republicans.[11][14]

Fetterman had a self-described privileged upbringing; he said he "sleepwalked" as a young adult while playing four years of football in college, intending eventually to take over ownership of his father's business.[14][15] In 1991, Fetterman graduated from Albright College, also his father's alma mater, with a bachelor's in finance. He also received a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Connecticut (UConn) in 1993.[16][17]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fetterman

56 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Depends on what you mean by a working class Democrat. If you mean he supports programs that help the working class, you're making a good point. But if you mean his background is working class, not so much...

" He grew up in an affluent suburb of York, and his parents were conservative Republicans.[11][14]

Fetterman had a self-described privileged upbringing; he said he "sleepwalked" as a young adult while playing four years of football in college, intending eventually to take over ownership of his father's business.[14][15] In 1991, Fetterman graduated from Albright College, also his father's alma mater, with a bachelor's in finance. He also received a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Connecticut (UConn) in 1993.[16][17]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fetterman

And whaddyaknow trying to attack Fetterman the same way the Oz Republicans did. Didn't work then, and it'll not work now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, John Drake said:

And whaddyaknow trying to attack Fetterman the same way the Oz Republicans did. Didn't work then, and it'll not work now.

Exactly how am I trying to attack Fetterman? I pointed out that the policies he supports are pro-worker. For me that's a good thing. Apparently, for you it's not. I guess you would rather he come from a working class family and oppose policies that are pro worker? And no matter what you'd rather, the fact is, as Fetterman himself acknowledged, he had a privileged childhood. Given that he has no problem acknowledging that, why do you?

• Confused 1