The Obama's steal the show

11 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Pertinent to a lot of the posters here is Michelle Obama's remark about Trump:

"His limited narrow view of the world made him feel threatened by the existence of two hard working, highly educated, successful people who happened to be black.”

Applies to many here.

Thanks for exposing those frauds.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Some of you guys are starting to sound like you're living in denial. As in, "the only way Trump will lose is if the election is rigged" denial. You and other die-hard Trumpers may want to start psychologically preparing yourselves for Trump's defeat, and the very real likelihood that America is going to have its first female African South Asian president. Be careful out there. Wouldn't want to see anyone else end up in jail.

Look at how key voting demographics have shifted since Harris' ascension to the top of the ticket: young voters, women, black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian-American, independents, moderate Republicans, etc. Those constituencies are not going to magically drift back to Trump in the next couple of months. Have you seen the latest democratic campaign contribution totals which are nothing short of staggering?

The Harris/Walz ticket is holding out the promise of optimism, unity, community, prosperity for working families, and more equitable taxation, while Trump's vision is totally dystopian. Then there are the issues of abortion rights, the rogue Supreme Court, Project 2025, the militarization of the police, Trump's criminal history, and his authoritarian tendencies. People are sick to their back teeth of him, and I think people are flocking in droves to the attractive alternative they have been offered. Also, the more Harris looks like she is going to prevail, the more people are going to rally around her because they want to back a winner.

With all due respect, thaibeachlovers (and others on this thread), I don't think you have a good handle on the mood of the American electorate. People are ravenously hungry for change. Americans go through these oscillations periodically: the rejection of McCarthyism, the end of the Love Revolution, the shift away from Carter's idealism, etc, just as a few examples. What you're witnessing now is one of these "turnings", and IMHO, the chances of this opportunity not being seized with both hands by the American people are next to zero.

Plenty of Americans say the opposite.

• Haha 2

On 8/23/2024 at 10:41 PM, Gecko123 said:

With all due respect, thaibeachlovers (and others on this thread), I don't think you have a good handle on the mood of the American electorate.

I know that millions of Americans hate Washington. They ain't going to vote for a creature of Washington. They might not vote at all and allow Harris to win, but that's a not a victory for Harris- just a win by default.

• Haha 1

Those constituencies are not going to magically drift back to Trump in the next couple of months. Have you seen the latest democratic campaign contribution totals which are nothing short of staggering?

It's hardly any time since Biden was "convinced" to stand aside so she could be anointed ( not voted for ). Plenty of time for the truth to sink in, that they thought they bought a Rolls Royce and it turned out to be an Edsel.

They won't vote for Trump, but they may stay home and let him win by default.

• Haha 2

On 8/23/2024 at 3:41 AM, Gecko123 said:

Some of you guys are starting to sound like you're living in denial. As in, "the only way Trump will lose is if the election is rigged" denial. You and other die-hard Trumpers may want to start psychologically preparing yourselves for Trump's defeat, and the very real likelihood that America is going to have its first female African South Asian president. Be careful out there. Wouldn't want to see anyone else end up in jail.

Look at how key voting demographics have shifted since Harris' ascension to the top of the ticket: young voters, women, black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian-American, independents, moderate Republicans, etc. Those constituencies are not going to magically drift back to Trump in the next couple of months. Have you seen the latest democratic campaign contribution totals which are nothing short of staggering?

The Harris/Walz ticket is holding out the promise of optimism, unity, community, prosperity for working families, and more equitable taxation, while Trump's vision is totally dystopian. Then there are the issues of abortion rights, the rogue Supreme Court, Project 2025, the militarization of the police, Trump's criminal history, and his authoritarian tendencies. People are sick to their back teeth of him, and I think people are flocking in droves to the attractive alternative they have been offered. Also, the more Harris looks like she is going to prevail, the more people are going to rally around her because they want to back a winner.

With all due respect, thaibeachlovers (and others on this thread), I don't think you have a good handle on the mood of the American electorate. People are ravenously hungry for change. Americans go through these oscillations periodically: the rejection of McCarthyism, the end of the Love Revolution, the shift away from Carter's idealism, etc, just as a few examples. What you're witnessing now is one of these "turnings", and IMHO, the chances of this opportunity not being seized with both hands by the American people are next to zero.

Your posts are long and full of fluff. Ever considered a job at the washington post?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2024 at 12:17 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess I must be a misanthropic bot then.

Not only was I unmoved, I was unimpressed at his vitriolic attacks of Trump. I didn't watch his wife's attempt, but apparently it was a speech of Trump hate.

Seems that all the Dems have is Trump hate. Don't seem to have any policies.

The Dems must be terrified of Trump to expend so much time attacking him. Someone should tell them that people react better to a positive speech than a rant full of vitriol.

It's actually laughable that when they have been bigging up Harris as the best thing since sliced bread they still need to attack Trump. Seems the anointed one isn't so great after all, or she'd be 10 points ahead in the polls.

:cheesy:

a little while ago she was the lowest rated VP in history. now all of a sudden she is fab. so no one liked her and now she is raising more money than ever before.

yes totally organic.  

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

that they thought they bought a Rolls Royce and it turned out to be an Edsel.

my dad bought a yellow lada when i was a kid. fell apart 18 minutes after we drove it off the lot. 

• Confused 1

Some of you guys are starting to sound like you're living in denial. As in, "the only way Trump will lose is if the election is rigged" denial. You and other die-hard Trumpers may want to start psychologically preparing yourselves for Trump's defeat, and the very real likelihood that America is going to have its first female African South Asian president.

Not having a crystal ball ( unlike certain posters on your side of the debate ) I don't know who is going to win.

Whomever it is it's not going to be smooth sailing. If it's Trump, it'll be 4 more years of Dem disruption, and if it's her it'll be tragic for most of us, IMO. The woman couldn't even do the one job she was given in the past 3 years, and we are supposed to believe she can run the free world- gimme strength.

Takes more than pointless slogans to be a POTUS.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2024 at 12:16 PM, Gecko123 said:

Two of the best convention speeches of all time. It was like watching a flawless baton handoff in a 400 meter relay race.

In terms of re-invoking the optimism of Barrack's 2008 bid for the White House and reassuring the American people that Kamala will have a tremendous brain trust of support behind her, the Obamas speeches had incalculable value.

As the convention nears its conclusion, I have growing confidence that the post convention bump in the Harris-Walz poll numbers will be record setting.

Do you work for Harris, or are you looking to?

the Obamas speeches had incalculable value.

Seriously. I actually listened to Obama ( male ) for as long as I could tolerate it, and can't say I noticed any value in it, incalculable or otherwise.

I saved myself the pain of listening to Obama ( female ), but I doubt I missed much except hate on Trump.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1