Brazil Travel Report

On 8/21/2024 at 11:22 PM, Ben Zioner said:

Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Chili.  Didn't boomboom any locals in Ecuador nor Colombia, boomboomed my first wife there... Tel Aviv girl.  The other three countries had some pretty good whores, while the civilians were really hard to get for casual sex. Even though, in those years, I was a real stud with cash to spend. Bloody Catholics.

Yeah a lot of whoring action Brazil.. a lot of coke too.. if you want to have a party Brazil is a good place to start

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Some São Paulo thoughts:

It lacks much of a definable downtown. And it's very hilly, like San Fran. For a county's business center, it feels very lax.  And it really sprawls. We went up to some Empire State Building-like overlook ($10 for a small pineapple juice) and it was a very Bladerunner view -an endless series of mostly white towers, punctuated with bits of green. It's def greener than Mex City.

The low-rise area I am staying def reminds me of Polenco, Mex City. there's a couple of bar restaurants, a small supermarket, and lots of barking dogs. Everything being so spread out makes it feel a bit dead or a bit chill, depending on your temperament.

You're never far away from an arty protest-mural or an ugly modern sculpture. A lot of people are wearing heavy metal tee shirts. For some reason, Iron Maiden appear to be gods here. I went to the rock tee shirt mall and Iron Maiden was at least a third of it. Nirvana and Pink Floyd are distant seconds and thirds.

Popped into an avant garde concert. A fat woman was wearing a dress made of meat. If any old punks here remember Nina Hagen, it was like that. All ages at the show, everyone dressed to death. A bit of a trial to sit through all of that dirge-like wailing, but when will I likely ever be at underground-type event again, sitting on scaffolding? I was partying like it was 1979.

Not much uptick food wise here, but there was a dim sum place I went to twice in Japantown, which was much smaller and dumpier than I thought it would be. Tried upscale sushi and it was like hotel buffet sushi in Thailand. They seem to love Italian food, but it's like Coneheads guessing at what it might be like. Much better Bahia food than I had in Bahia. Best meal was an Indonesian place, where everyone was eating Pad Thai.

I went for a massage. The tattooed cutie took of all her clothes and did a lot of body to body rubbing. She said, "let me be your Brazilian wife". I didn't want a hand job, but we had a sweet little snuggle.

My friend had the sugar baby he's auditioning bring a friend for me. She's studying Freud (big here at Iron Maiden-levels). "I have Daddy issues" she said, and smootched me hard in the parking lot, hoping to rope me into a thousand a month deal.

I also went to Scandalo's, a Scarface-movie luxury brothel out by the airport. If you take a shower, they will put their face back "there" as part of the standard program. 'Had a lovely plate of sushi, some zany "back there" chats with my translation app and passed.

I'm not a pay for play person at all (tho I love to hear about it from others), but compared to Thailand, it seems like this is a much more erotic and friendly place to do all this stuff.

It shows how sex really is cultural, that a place that is western in sexual outlook makes for a more visceral connection. It's not nearly as in your face as Suk Road, It's all tucked away with no signs and down side streets.

I will happily come back here next year, not just for friendship maintenance, but because I haven't felt like I was was in a truly foreign-feeling place in a very long time. Very little outreach to tourists and not much to entice them to linger here. I'll bet there's a tourist vibe in Rio, but not at all in São Paulo.