Family Wiped Out in Hit & Run, Rayong

IMG_4660.jpeg

Picture from responders

At approximately 18:00 on August 21, police received a report of a fatal accident on Route 3376 near the entrance to Wat Chakmak in Samnak Thon Subdistrict, Ban Chang District. Officers, along with the Siam Rayong Rescue Foundation, immediately responded to the scene.

Upon arrival, authorities found the bodies of three individuals lying in the middle of the road. The victims were identified as a family of Myanmar nationals. The deceased included Ms. Nam Min Oo, 37, her husband, whose identity is still unknown, and their 5-year-old child. All three were tragically killed in the accident.

According to witnesses, the family was riding a motorcycle when a speeding trailer truck sideswiped their vehicle, causing them to lose control and crash into a light pole in the center median. The impact was so severe that they died instantly as their heads struck the edge of the median, and none of them were wearing helmets. The trailer truck did not stop and fled the scene without leaving any trace.

Police have documented the incident and are reviewing CCTV footage in an attempt to locate the trailer truck. The bodies of the deceased have been transported to Ban Chang Hospital for further arrangements.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-21

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 10

3 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

You're right. That's the issue, there is no enforcement, and money of course.

Even the cheap basic helmets would be better than nothing. 

They handed out free helmets to people in 'my' village a few years ago, they still don't ware them.............:coffee1:

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

They handed out free helmets to people in 'my' village a few years ago, they still don't ware them.............:coffee1:

My neighbour got two free ones, one for her and one for the school aged daughter... she sold them both for 200 baht each

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2024 at 10:00 PM, Georgealbert said:

According to witnesses, the family was riding a motorcycle when a speeding trailer truck sideswiped their vehicle, causing them to lose control and crash into a light pole in the center median.

I'll bet the trailer driver feels rally proud of himself

• Like 1