PM Paetongtarn Thanks Leaders of India, Indonesia, Maldives, and U.S.

image.jpeg

FILE - Thailand's new Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra talks to media members after receiving a royal letter of endorsement for the post at the Pheu Thai party headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand Sunday, Aug. 18, 2024. (AP Photo/Sakchai Lalit)

Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra expressed gratitude via Twitter (X) for congratulations from leaders of India, Indonesia, the Maldives, and the U.S. Secretary of State. The acknowledgments came after her recent appointment as Thailand’s Prime Minister.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated Paetongtarn with these words: “Congratulations Prime Minister Paetongtarn on your election as the Prime Minister of Thailand. Best wishes for a very successful tenure. Look forward to working with you to further strengthen the bilateral ties between India and Thailand, that are based on strong foundations of civilizational, cultural and people to people connect.”

Paetongtarn responded, “Thank you, Prime Minister Modi, for your warm congratulatory message. I look forward to working closely with you to further strengthen our bilateral relations, especially in trade and investment, culture, people-to-people contact, and tourism, aiming to increase air travel between both countries. I am confident that we can build upon our existing ties and explore untapped potentials to create even greater opportunities for our two countries, peoples and beyond.”

Indonesian President Joko Widodo also shared his congratulations: “I wish to congratulate Her Excellency Paetongtarn Shinawatra on her appointment as the Prime Minister of Thailand. I believe that under her able leadership, Indonesia & Thailand will continue to strengthen our bilateral relations and beyond, including on enhancing cooperation within ASEAN.”

To this, Paetongtarn replied, “Thank you, President Joko Widodo, for your kind words of congratulations. Thailand and Indonesia have always been good friends and partners in ASEAN. As we celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Thailand – Indonesia diplomatic relations in 2025, I look forward to strengthening cooperation for mutual benefits.”

The President of Maldives, Dr. Mohamed Muizzu, extended his warm wishes: “Warm congratulations to Prime Minister Paetongtarn on being appointed as the youngest Prime Minister of Thailand. Thailand is poised to enter a new era of prosperity under your able leadership. I look forward to working together to further strengthen the close ties of friendship and mutual cooperation between the Maldives and Thailand.”

Paetongtarn responded, “Thank you, President Muizzu, for your kind congratulations and confidence in my leadership. Thailand values its long-standing relations with the Maldives. I look forward to enhancing our partnership in all sectors.”

Finally, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken congratulated her with the message, “Congratulations to Prime Minister Paetongtarn on her selection as Thailand’s next prime minister. We look forward to engaging with Prime Minister Paetongtarn to further strengthen the enduring alliance between the United States and Thailand.”

The Prime Minister expressed gratitude, “Thank you, Secretary Blinken, for the congratulatory message. I look forward to working closely with the U.S. to strengthen our long-standing alliance and advance our multi-faceted partnership for the benefit of our countries, peoples, and the region.”

These responses reflect Paetongtarn's commitment to fostering strong international relationships and enhancing diplomatic ties, reported Pattaya Mail.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-22

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I'd love to see her Job Description!

She gets to say thank you.

But , her father and advisor meanwhile ................

"In related news, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is scheduled to deliver a special address on August 22 at the “Dinner Talk: Vision for Thailand 2024” event. His speech is expected to cover Thailand’s economic challenges and the government’s plans for economic stimulation, possibly including his views on the digital wallet initiative."

3 hours ago, webfact said:

I look forward to working closely with the U.S. to strengthen our long-standing alliance and advance our multi-faceted partnership for the benefit of our countries, peoples, and the region.”

Meanwhile Thailand and China conduct an exclusive military exercise needed for a small scale war (see Bangkok Post). Falcon Strike 2024, unlike Cobra Gold, excludes any other nations as participants and focuses solely on aggressive war making. Some "standing alliance."

The Prime Minister of Montenegro congratulated her as well and included a sales pitch for a second passport, naming her father as a reference.

To this, Paetongtarn replied, “Thank you so much, this may indeed come in handy!"

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“Congratulations Prime Minister Paetongtarn on your election as the Prime Minister of Thailand."

There must be a rubber stamp for the following:

Congratulations Prime Minister (fill in latest) on your (s)election as the Prime Minister of Thailand."