Kamala Harris’s Convention Speech

Social Media

55 minutes ago, candide said:

More lies from you.

Trump did not drive oil prices down. Oil prices increased between the day he started and the last pre-Covid  period. Then they decreased because of the Covid crisis.

Biden did not cut oil production. Oil production decreased in 2020 under Trump. It did not decrease after Biden came into office.

Okay, forget oil prices.

The rest is true, yes?

6 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Well if your undies get so twisted, then run for office and get things changed in California. Regarding the entire rest of the US:

"Mind your own damned business!"

My undies are not in a bunch, it’s you flailing around making stuff up, not me.

I really don’t care much about abortion, I just hate that you and your party leaders have to constantly lie about it to gaslight the public. 

When people lie to gain/maintain political control, it’s everyone’s business, do you not agree? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Okay, forget oil prices.

The rest is true, yes?

So false on oil prices and oil production.

Your post being source free, I'm not going to check everything.

From what I remember, you are right that Obama poorly assessed the Russian threat. However, perceptions were different at that time. For example Trump congratulated Russia for the Crimea invasion in 2014.

Trump did increase aid to Ukraine (I don't remember in which context), but also withheld aid when trying to pressure Ukraine to investigate his political rival, a fact you forgot to mention.

Glad to see that you acknowledge that Biden was not a war mongerer and tried to improve relations with Russia. He did lift sanction on the Russian company behind Northstream 2 (which, BTW, never prevented the completion of the project).

However your post seems to be innacurate about the other issues. I don't remember Biden lifting sanctions on Russia, and I remember he imposed a new sanctions regime in early 2021. He also did not stop Ukraine aid, he just halted it before the Biden-Putin summit, asa gesture of goodwill.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, candide said:

So false on oil prices and oil production.

Your post being source free, I'm not going to check everything.

From what I remember, you are right that Obama poorly assessed the Russian threat. However, perceptions were different at that time. For example Trump congratulated Russia for the Crimea invasion in 2014.

Trump did increase aid to Ukraine (I don't remember in which context), but also withheld aid when trying to pressure Ukraine to investigate his political rival, a fact you forgot to mention.

Glad to see that you acknowledge that Biden was not a war mongerer and tried to improve relations with Russia. He did lift sanction on the Russian company behind Northstream 2 (which, BTW, never prevented the completion of the project).

However your post seems to be innacurate about the other issues. I don't remember Biden lifting sanctions on Russia, and I remember he imposed a new sanctions regime in early 2021. He also did not stop Ukraine aid, he just halted it before the Biden-Putin summit, asa gesture of goodwill.

No, I’m not admitting I’m wrong on oil prices and production, I just said to forget it.

I am not familiar with Trump congratulating Russia, probably something (as always) pulled out of context. 

Trump not only increased aid, he changed the nature of aid from blankets and first aid kits, to weapons. 

And Biden’s DOJ prosecuted Biden’s political rival.

Biden cancelled the sanctions Trump imposed imposed on Russia.

Okay, Biden did not stop aid to Ukraine, he just “halted” aid to Ukraine to cozy up to Putin. 

IMG_1338.jpeg.40dd4143356a3153c71cc8cea4bb33ce.jpeg

Edited by mogandave

Timing is critical. Despite the Kamala flop, the only message she could word vomit was vote for me and I will "not go back" and I will fix what Joe and me and spend 3.5 years breaking. LOL She could very well be dumber than Biden

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gulfsailor said:

The ‘undecided’ voter who went with a Trump has been exposed as a die hard maga supporter…

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/8/23/2265375/-Exposing-CNN-Misinformation-CNN-Undecided-Voter-was-a-Trump-Supporter-all-along

I listened to him carefuly  and did get an uneasy sense about his points that bothered him. 

What struck me was he graded her a C and then repeated the same complaints as those grading B, B+ and A's 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So show us the data.

23 minutes ago, candide said:

Gas price did not decrease under Trump pre-Covid

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/gasoline

Oil production decreased in 2020, not under Biden

https://eia.gov

Screenshot_20240824-191158.png

Screenshot_20240824-191402.png

In this post.

No wonder the other poster never provided amy data! 😃

Edited by candide
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Gas price did not decrease under Trump pre-Covid

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/gasoline

Oil production decreased in 2020, not under Biden

https://eia.gov

Screenshot_20240824-191158.png

Screenshot_20240824-191402.png

You said in a post above:

"Trump did not drive oil prices down. Oil prices increased between the day he started and the last pre-Covid  period. Then they decreased because of the Covid crisis".

and

"Biden did not cut oil production. Oil production decreased in 2020 under Trump. It did not decrease after Biden came into office".

- - -

In fact (with some global variations) the oil price from Jan 2017 - Jan 2021 the price of oil was almost unchanged.

The main drop was down to 2020 Covid lower usage/demand. 

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/crude-oil

If you look at the chart in the link below there is a comparison option tab (by president)

https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

The sudden rise in price in 2022 was due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. After that, the continued relatively higher prices under Biden were also due to O&G project and licensing cancellations, resulting in lower trust and investment.

Prices have come down over the last year, after US O&G production was ramped up, due to continuing high inflation and to the panic-policies of radical Bidenomics.

Let's Go Brandon.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You said in a post above:

"Trump did not drive oil prices down. Oil prices increased between the day he started and the last pre-Covid  period. Then they decreased because of the Covid crisis".

and

"Biden did not cut oil production. Oil production decreased in 2020 under Trump. It did not decrease after Biden came into office".

- - -

In fact (with some global variations) the oil price from Jan 2017 - Jan 2021 the price of oil was almost unchanged.

The main drop was down to 2020 Covid lower usage/demand. 

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/crude-oil

If you look at the chart in the link below there is a comparison option tab (by president)

https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

The sudden rise in price in 2022 was due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. After that, the continued relatively higher prices under Biden were also due to O&G project and licensing cancellations, resulting in lower trust and investment.

Prices have come down over the last year, after US O&G production was ramped up, due to continuing high inflation and to the panic-policies of radical Bidenomics.

Let's Go Brandon.

With some minor differences, we seem to agree that, contrary to what the other poster claimed, prices did not decrease under Trump and production did not decrease under Biden, which was the initial claim I replied to.

The minor differences are:

- if you look at the graph I posted, prices pre-Covid were on average higher than when Trump took office (not that I blame him for that, as prices are global and controlled, to a large extent extent, by the OPEC).

- 2020 was not only a year of production decrease, that's the time when most O&G projects were cancelled and drilling spots closed.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1