Oklahoma Schools Resist State Mandate to Incorporate Bibles into Classrooms

Social Media

36 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

False. Please provide evidence to prove he didnt.

I guess you're a subscriber to the Rumsfeld rule: "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." I think we all know what that led to.

Someone here made a claim that something occurred. It's up to them to back it up:

From the landing page of the World News Forum

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

https://aseannow.com/forum/158-world-news/

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This bogus  tactic of yours, which you repeatedly employ, namely misrepresenting the positions others by introducing things they never said , is just more evidence of what little you have to offer The issue isn't whether the Court is indifferent to Constitutional issues. Rather the issue was your claim that the court invoked some kind of Constitutional grounds to disqualify Biden's student loan forgiveness program. It didn't. 

What grounds would they have that were extraconstitutional? 

44 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

We are all our Daddys sport. Thanks for showing us how your reflexive Trump hating destroys critical thinking.

The point of that joke, was, of course, that you're  tarring Kamala Harris with Marxism because her Daddy was a Marxist. Literally speaking, the child is not the father to the man. But I figured how else could anyone construe Harris to be a Marxist just because her Daddy was except by taking that proverb literally.

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What grounds would they have that were extraconstitutional? 

Extraconstitutional? What does that even mean? Do you understand that very few cases decided by the Supreme court actually invoke Constitutional principles? Usually justices search for narrower grounds. Anyway, you claimed that the Justices disqualified Biden's program on Constitutional grounds. Yet you have offered no evidence to support that claim. You've got nothing.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Extraconstitutional? What does that even mean? Do you understand that very few cases decided by the Supreme court actually invoke Constitutional principles? Usually justices search for narrower grounds. Anyway, you claimed that the Justices disqualified Biden's program on Constitutional grounds. Yet you have offered no evidence to support that claim. You've got nothing.

I posted a link explaining that Biden had exceeded his power. Is that correct or is it not? 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I posted a link explaining that Biden had exceeded his power. Is that correct or is it not? 

Irrelevant. You claimed that the court ruled against Biden on Constitutional grounds. That was the claim I was addressing.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Irrelevant. You claimed that the court ruled against Biden on Constitutional grounds. That was the claim I was addressing.

How is it irrelevant? I posted a link explaining that Biden had exceeded his power. Is that correct or is it not? 

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How is it irrelevant? I posted a link explaining that Biden had exceeded his power. Is that correct or is it not? 

It's up to you to prove that a link explaining that Biden had exceeded his power has some sort of relevance to the Court deciding the issue on Constitutional grounds. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's up to you to prove that a link explaining that Biden had exceeded his power has some sort of relevance to the Court deciding the issue on Constitutional grounds. 

If the Court ruled Biden exceeded his power, the grounds are by definition Constitutional, because the President's powers are defined in Article II of the Constitution. 

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Don't bother, he does not understand

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

What is stupid is claiming that" There is a correlation between virulent atheism and paganism to antisemitism."

Really? What would you call the Nazis? Good Christians? Read the runes, Wotan.

• Confused 1

I guess you're a subscriber to the Rumsfeld rule: "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." I think we all know what that led to.

Someone here made a claim that something occurred. It's up to them to back it up:

From the landing page of the World News Forum

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

https://aseannow.com/forum/158-world-news/

Ah. The old one way rule.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I wonder if the Oklahoma Department of Education thinks this will improve SAT scores:

https://www.learner.com/blog/states-with-highest-sat-scores

Maybe the DoE is correct and the situation is hopeless and all that is left is prayer. Or they just want to keep things this way.

Learner.com? 

3 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Give us one quote that is a "constitutional fantasy"

Give us any misogynist language

Give us illustrations of "white supremacy".

Using the language they used.

You cant. Because it would expose the unmitigated lying garbage you posted.

Put up or shut up.

Oh dear. You guys are so full of hate and anger. It'll be pitiful for the average citizen if you ever do take over. I live in a country where they did once. I recognize the language and the policies and the attitudes and the bullying. They left a heap pf rubble behind.

Otherwise I really can't be bothered. Hats off to Chomps and a couple of others who seem to have the time and patience for dialogues here.

But if you really are interested in facts Placeholder's served us all a little tidbit: remember - you have been warned. 

McCarthyism was a minor irritation compared to Trumpism and Project 2025. Somehow I suspect though that the majority of US citizens are too sensible and nice in the end to go along with it. Certainly most of the ones I know are. Just normal, law abiding nice people. Minnesota nice 555

Edited by BusyB
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Oh dear. You guys are so full of hate and anger. It'll be pitiful for the average citizen if you ever do take over. I live in a country where they did once. I recognize the language and the policies and the attitudes and the bullying. They left a heap pf rubble behind.

Otherwise I really can't be bothered. Hats off to Chomps and a couple of others who seem to have the time and patience for dialogues here.

But if you really are interested in facts Placeholder's served us all a little tidbit: remember - you have been warned. 

McCarthyism was a minor irritation compared to Trumpism and Project 2025. Somehow I suspect though that the majority of US citizens are too sensible and nice in the end to go along with it. Certainly most of the ones I know are. Just normal, law abiding nice people. Minnesota nice 555

So you admit you were lying. Got it. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I wonder if the Oklahoma Department of Education thinks this will improve SAT scores:

https://www.learner.com/blog/states-with-highest-sat-scores

Maybe the DoE is correct and the situation is hopeless and all that is left is prayer. Or they just want to keep things this way.

The SATs are racist tests that discriminate against students of colour. Loads of those in Ok.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

So you admit you were lying. Got it. 

Yeah that's pretty much the reaction I expected.

Hope you feel a tad better now you've 'vindicated' yourself, if only for a short while.

Edited by BusyB

1 minute ago, BusyB said:

Yeah that's pretty much the reaction I expected.

Hope you feel a tad better now you've 'vindicated' yourself, if only for a short while.

I always feel great, and showing up some lying Goebbels wannabe is not necessary to make my personal sunshine shine brighter. Its the internet, you are free to post your silliness as much as you want. At least here, its falsus in uno as they say.

26 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I always feel great, and showing up some lying Goebbels wannabe is not necessary to make my personal sunshine shine brighter. Its the internet, you are free to post your silliness as much as you want. At least here, its falsus in uno as they say.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exquisite.

3 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Really? What would you call the Nazis? Good Christians? Read the runes, Wotan.

If you meant Nazism, why didn't you say so? It's debatable whether Nazism was atheistic. 

https://www.abc.net.au/religion/hitlers-faith-the-debate-over-nazism-and-religion/10100614

And its anti-semitism didn't come from nowhere. But rather from almost 2000 years of virulent anti-semitism fostered by the Church.  Hitler's racial anti-semitism also didn't come out of nowhere. Catholic political parties in the 19th century were virulently anti-semitic not just on religious grounds but racial ones. What follows is from the Historian David Kertzer:

"From the very first months in which modern anti-Semitism took shape, the Roman Catholic Church was a major contributor, both directly and indirectly, to its development and its spread. Nor was it simply a matter of the more secular purveyors of anti-Semitism using the old church-linked images of Jews—Favret-Saada alludes to the Nazis’ abundant use of ritual murder imagery, imagery employed just as prominently in the Italian Fascist regime’s major anti-Semitic publication, La difesa della razza. The fact is that, in the wake of the granting of equal rights to Western Europe’s Jews—a nineteenth-century development fiercely opposed by the Catholic Church—the church repeatedly tried to spread the alarm against a rapacious Jewish people bent on reducing all Christians to their slaves. Catholics were warned to beware of their Jewish neighbors, deemed members of a secret world conspiracy responsible not only for capitalism but also for communism."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4800995/

4 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Ah. The old one way rule.

If by that cryptic comment you mean that it's impossible to prove an absolute negative (well, in anything except math) you have a point. Otherwise, you've got nothing.

If you meant Nazism, why didn't you say so? It's debatable whether Nazism was atheistic. 

https://www.abc.net.au/religion/hitlers-faith-the-debate-over-nazism-and-religion/10100614

And its anti-semitism didn't come from nowhere. But rather from almost 2000 years of virulent anti-semitism fostered by the Church.  Hitler's racial anti-semitism also didn't come out of nowhere. Catholic political parties in the 19th century were virulently anti-semitic not just on religious grounds but racial ones. What follows is from the Historian David Kertzer:

"From the very first months in which modern anti-Semitism took shape, the Roman Catholic Church was a major contributor, both directly and indirectly, to its development and its spread. Nor was it simply a matter of the more secular purveyors of anti-Semitism using the old church-linked images of Jews—Favret-Saada alludes to the Nazis’ abundant use of ritual murder imagery, imagery employed just as prominently in the Italian Fascist regime’s major anti-Semitic publication, La difesa della razza. The fact is that, in the wake of the granting of equal rights to Western Europe’s Jews—a nineteenth-century development fiercely opposed by the Catholic Church—the church repeatedly tried to spread the alarm against a rapacious Jewish people bent on reducing all Christians to their slaves. Catholics were warned to beware of their Jewish neighbors, deemed members of a secret world conspiracy responsible not only for capitalism but also for communism."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4800995/

Im not going to argue with someone who gets his history from the internet, but hey, Im sure Lanz and Guido were good christians too.

Looks like you dont like the Church.

44 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Im not going to argue with someone who gets his history from the internet, but hey, Im sure Lanz and Guido were good christians too.

Looks like you dont like the Church.

Actually, I got my history from David Kertzer, the distinguished historian, had you cared to check.

"David Israel Kertzer (born February 20, 1948) is an American anthropologist, historian, and academic, specializing in the political, demographic, and religious history of Italy. He is the Paul Dupee, Jr. University Professor of Social Science, Professor of Anthropology, and Professor of Italian Studies at Brown University. His book The Pope and Mussolini: The Secret History of Pius XI and the Rise of Fascism in Europe (2014)[1] won the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_I._Kertzer

And not even the Church denies its long history of anti-Semitism. Does Vatican 2 ring any bells for you?

And I should have noted that your comment about Nazism's virulent atheism, is just wrong. The Nazis reached agreements with the Catholic Church via a concordat and with Protestant denominations as well. They were allowed to continue to function. Even if the Nazis were atheists, they made no effort to abolish the practice of Christianity in Germany and elsewhere. Hardly the mark of virulent or even militant atheism. That might better apply to the Communist regimes in Russia and China.

3 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

@placeholder don't bother trying to educate. These people are troll, most likely just a few posting under different names. They are here to mis-inform and agitate thus creating traffic for the website.

100% correct. Impossible for the left leaning posters here to actually believe their own drivel. A bible in the classroom, oh the horror.

17 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

100% correct. Impossible for the left leaning posters here to actually believe their own drivel. A bible in the classroom, oh the horror.

How about the learning of Buddha?