E-ticket Complications

Feeling anxious.

Went to Thailand to teach in March 2006 on a one-way ticket.

I left thailand last September on a Return to London and back to Bangkok.

I am now using the return leg of that ticket to Bangkok.

I have bought a new return ticket from bangkok to london. This is my flight out of bangkok.

As per usual, my tickets are E-tickets. So, the only proof i have is a 'print-out' of my return ticket from bkk to london and back.

Is there much demand at Immigration in Bkk to produce evidence of return flights?

Will a print-out of my flight be enough for immigration? I will arrive at 15.00 Saturday so there will be no problem for immigration to check with Eva Air. Will they do this, make a phone call if my print-out isn't enough?

The cenrtal issue is that I want to take a couple of thousand pounds in with me to exchange locally as this is how to get the best rates.

The last people i want to know that I've got a bundle of cash on me is the Thai authorities, or any authorities for that matter.

Edward

Based on the experience posted by other members you should have no problem at all as long you have a visa for Thailand, be it a tourist visa or non-immigrant visa. It is only if you travel without a visa that you run

1. the serious risk that the airline will not let you board in London if you cannot show a ticket for an onward flight out of Thailand

1. the risk that Thai immigration will ask you to show a ticket for an onward travel out of Thailand

--------------

Maestro

I have a ticket out of Thailand with the same airline I'm flying in with.

My concern is that I fly in with the second leg of a return ticket.

Being an E-ticket...the ticket i have that will take me out of Thailand is a new return from Bkk to london...but the only evidence I have is a computer printout of the details of the flight...

I don't have a visa...I will get on in Bkk for 30 days...

If immigration ask me in Thailand, I will have the computer print out with all of the details of the flight out...

But will immigration accept this kind of document???

Edward

Based on the experience posted by other members you should have no problem at all as long you have a visa for Thailand, be it a tourist visa or non-immigrant visa. It is only if you travel without a visa that you run

1. the serious risk that the airline will not let you board in London if you cannot show a ticket for an onward flight out of Thailand

1. the risk that Thai immigration will ask you to show a ticket for an onward travel out of Thailand

--------------

Maestro

I recently passed through Thailand from London with a five day stopover on an open LHR-BKK return with a separate onward ticket to Da Nang entering Thailand on a visa exempt stamp.

EVA check in staff did not question the lack of a visa nor a valid return or onward ticket within the 30 day period.

At immigration in BKK I presented all the required documents (passport, arrival card, boarding pass stub and return ticket) hoping the officer would check the return date and comment. He merely waved it away, asked me how many days I wanted to which I replied five and stamped me in for thirty.

What does this prove? Nothing, only that on July 12th I could have entered Thailand on a visa exempt stamp with no onward nor return ticket. Another day, another officer or maybe if I’d asked for thirty days it would have been a different story.

You shouldn’t have a problem as you have proof of a confirmed return ticket.