Now travelling overseas every 50 days, keep getting Retirement Extensions?

On 8/27/2024 at 6:42 AM, Nemises said:

Thanks, and agree that eventually I will  get hassled (minor problem) as apposed to refused entry (disaster!). When hassle day arrives I'll start doing the extensions again. Money isn't the issue, the issue is why bother doing something that isn't required whilst the 60 day stamps are being handed out.

And if hassle day arrives when you're refused entry what would you do then?

15 minutes ago, OJAS said:

And if hassle day arrives when you're refused entry what would you do then?

Let the TGF, who is a medical professional and will be there with me, handle it and see what happens. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Let the TGF, who is a medical professional and will be there with me, handle it and see what happens. 

Amazing statement.

Your plan of moving to visa exempt entries as a means to live in Thailand ongoing is misguided imo.

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your plan of moving to visa exempt entries as a means to live in Thailand ongoing is misguided imo

Plan? You are wrong. I have never said it was a “plan”. Read the OP again…it’s  asking what problems could be expected …and some very knowledgeable and helpful AN members have kindly provided some. 

11 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Plan? You are wrong. I have never said it was a “plan”. Read the OP again…it’s  asking what problems could be expected …and some very knowledgeable and helpful AN members have kindly provided some. 

You stated in one part of the OP...

"wondering if I can expect any problems down the track if I ditch doing the yearly retirement extensions" 

Sounds like a plan to me .."IF I ditch," 

My advice was bad move.

And you will eventually end up with problems. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

My advice was bad move.

And you will eventually end up with problems. 

Yes I know, and I thanked you for it. 
No need to keep repeating the same advice. 

On 8/26/2024 at 11:26 PM, Nemises said:

I have always renewed my Non O 12 month extensions to stay based on retirement but the TGF and I are now travelling abroad approximately every 50 days. The new 60 day visa means I don’t need to bother renewing my Ret Extensions, so just wondering if I can expect any problems down the track if I ditch doing the yearly retirement extensions until if and when Thailand ever changes their 60 day visas on arrival back to 30 days?

Edit: I'm not looking for any suggestions for another type of visa, instead just want to know if I can expect problems with immigration by continually leaving and arriving every 50 days.

Basically how I did it before I had my right to retirement visa. Travelled back home for work every 2-3 monts while it was 30 days exemption only. Never had a problem, but I stayed out for at least one month each time or more.  Regulary 3-4 months in Thailand and 1 - 2 months back home. 

I will leave my retirement to now as well, but Im wondering if I can get extension from retirement visa on emigration or I have to leave the country. 

Edited by Hummin

9 minutes ago, Nemises said:

No need to keep repeating the same advice. 

Repeating it was triggered by your comment that... TGF can "handle it" which I found sorta silly.

In face immigration will notice that you have previously had 12 month extensions based on retirement. 

When living in Thailand ongoing some immigration officers don't like ongoing back to back entries.

Depends a lot on time spent out of Thailand.

Even roster workers month on/off can be hassled. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I will leave my retirement to now as well, but Im wondering if I can get extension from retirement visa on emigration or I have to leave the country. 

Think you are asking where/how can you obtain a non O based on retirement.

That can be obtained at Thai consulate/embassy or from visa exempt or tourist visa entry at your local Thai immigration office 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Repeating it was triggered by your comment that... TGF can "handle it" 

The TGF will never have to handle anything because the hypothetical situation about what to do if denied entry would be unlikely without any sort of warning issued beforehand. So a hypothetical answer of having my professionally-employed Thai partner try to hep me was provided - as “amazing” as you thought it to be. 

FYI, and following some helpful advice from others on here, I now believe it not to be a good idea in my situation. So if I answer anymore hypotheticals, there’s no need for you to again tell me there will be problems. TIA.