What is the current cost of 1baht jewellery in Thailand?

Issanraider

Upon my return to Thailand in October I want to buy my wife a gift of either a bracelet or necklace.

Could someone please tell me the current cost of a 1 baht item or a half baht alternative based on current gold prices.

Also does anyone know if there is a gold shop at Bangkok airport?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Issanraider said:

I don't recall ever seeing one and even if there was it would be overpriced.  They were supposed to be doing away with the shops on arrival so best take her into town and let her choose.

17 hours ago, Issanraider said:

Upon my return to Thailand in October I want to buy my wife a gift of either a bracelet or necklace.

Could someone please tell me the current cost of a 1 baht item or a half baht alternative based on current gold prices.

I don't know how long you have been out of Thailand, 12 years on AN, but EVERY gold shop displays the daily price to buy or sell Gold jewellery or bullion. And how often do you travel through Bangkok Airport? There are MANY.

Edited by KannikaP

23 hours ago, Issanraider said:

Gold price pr Aug 27th is 40350 pr baht

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I don't know how long you have been out of Thailand, 12 years on AN, but EVERY gold shop displays the daily price to buy or sell Gold jewellery or bullion. And how often do you travel through Bangkok Airport? There are MANY.

I haven’t lived in Thailand for 12 years but have made regular visits during that period.

I haven’t been looking for gold shops in the past but good to know that there are some although take the point that it may be better to buy elsewhere but wanted to give my wife a surprise present.

Looking forward to my retirement in October in LOS before Mr Starmer announces his “painful “ budget!

Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies here.

The first few replies are for pure gold, which is almost worthless in Thailand.

ALL gold jewelry here, and even coins, bars, etc., are at 22 karat, which is around 96.5% gold.

harryviking has the price correct, for the most useful caratage of gold here, as it is bought, sold, pawned, very easily everywhere, and the most appreciated by women here, who would not understand pure 24k and be frustrated by the lack of shops which would trade in it.

1 hour ago, harryviking said:

Gold price pr Aug 27th is 40350 pr baht

Yesterday 27th August 2024 the price of gold at one gold shop in the BigC shopping mall at Kamphaeng Phet was 40.400 thb, per 1 baht of gold.

18 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Google. What's the price of one baht of thai gold? 

Just give her the cash, as she will sell the gold later as it is hers to do as she wants. 

OP did state wife, unless it's a trophy wife he only sees a few weeks a year.  Then buy her your favorite chocolate ... win win :coffee1: