Pattaya City Plans to Revoke Lease and Demolish Unauthorized Cafe at Bali Hai Lighthouse

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya City is planning to revoke the lease and demolish a café at Bali Hai Lighthouse after it was discovered that the tenant, who was reportedly supposed to build a restroom, instead opened a café and placed tables and chairs in a public area.

So the building inspection never took place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bradiston said:

Residents complained? And where would those residents be residing? There are no residential properties within 500m, and they're condos in the hugely select Royal Cliff estate/resort. An old man used to sleep rough in the non functioning "rest room". I'd stop and give him 20 THB occasionally on my trips from Bali Hai to Pratamnak. Enterprising idea to put in a coffee shop there. Smartens up the locale and there are always visitors there as plenty of parking, nice view of Koh Larn, and sunsets. And the lighthouse is an interesting monument. Sort out the monstrosity at the other end of Bali Hai harbour. Leave the little folk alone.

And I forgot to mention, though I guess most people know, it's only a stone's throw from the wonderful park with the outdoor slightly gnarly gym, the cafe next to it with spectacular views over Pattaya bay, and acres of space and footpaths to jog in or just stroll around. Long flights of steps for cardio work!

10 hours ago, bradiston said:

Residents complained? And where would those residents be residing? There are no residential properties within 500m, and they're condos in the hugely select Royal Cliff estate/resort. An old man used to sleep rough in the non functioning "rest room". I'd stop and give him 20 THB occasionally on my trips from Bali Hai to Pratamnak. Enterprising idea to put in a coffee shop there. Smartens up the locale and there are always visitors there as plenty of parking, nice view of Koh Larn, and sunsets. And the lighthouse is an interesting monument. Sort out the monstrosity at the other end of Bali Hai harbour. Leave the little folk alone.

It is a nice place, yes. But ....I walked once  there with a friend and it was a bit difficult to pass that area because there was no space left for pedestrians. The cafe blocked the whole area between the road and the beach with construction going on at that time.  And there was a barrier to separate traffic and pedestrians. Just to mention. I do not live in Pattaya and have no idea how it is now. This was a few months ago.

Edited by msbkk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, msbkk said:

It is a nice place, yes. But ....I walked once  there with a friend and it was a bit difficult to pass that area because there was no space left for pedestrians. The cafe blocked the whole area between the road and the beach with construction going on at that time.  And there was a barrier to separate traffic and pedestrians. Just to mention. I do not live in Pattaya and have no idea how it is now. This was a few months ago.

Yes it's true. You have to walk in the road when passing and all the way up to the view point in the park. Walk facing the oncoming traffic.

• Thumbs Up 1