DJ Trump goes to Arlington

9 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

perhaps you should ask, until its shown this is BS

You seem to be in denial over this bad news for Trump.

I don't remember the seven stages of grief, but please don't go through them here.

What did Trump do at Arlington Cemetery? Photo controversy, explained

Controversy continues over former President Donald Trump’s visit to Arlington National Cemetery on Monday after reports of an altercation between Trump's campaign staff and a cemetery official, who apparently tried to prevent picture-taking in the cemetery’s Section 60, where photography is restricted. ...

A member of Trump's team pushed his way past the official in Section 60, allowing photography to proceed, USA TODAY reported. Photos of Trump, family members of slain soldiers, and others were taken at military gravesites and later appeared on social media. ...

Members of the military, Democrats, and others criticized Trump for what they said was using the cemetery for political purposes, a violation of federal law.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/graphics/2024/08/29/trump-arlington-cemetery-photo-incident-explained/74993604007/

(Photo taken in Section 60)

image.jpeg.4051891e4fcbf43ca1b7b465a643a978.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Trump spokesperson Steven Cheung disputed claims of a physical altercation, but said an unnamed individual decided to “physically block members of President Trump’s team during a very solemn ceremony.” Cheung suggested that Trump’s team has video to back up the claim, though no video of the incident has been released yet.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/29/politics/us-army-rebukes-trump-campaign-arlington-incident/index.html

@frank83628 doesn't believe Trump's spokesman.

So, when will the footage be released?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It's a safe bet it won't be released if it shows what really happened.

Perhaps Team Trump is feverishly working on ways to edit the footage without being detected.

IIRC that's what tripped Nixon up.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
The female Cemetery officer is not pressing charges so any physical contact issue is moot.

The issue that pictures were taken, following official warning notice, in a restricted cemetery area for CFR prohibited reasons is something else. Edited by jerrymahoney

59 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

i'm not seeing anything about it, only here, what i am seeing is lots of talk about the Harris interview, looking forward to that thread and how you lot try to move the goal posts. 

perhaps some more info about this will have come out about this, but i doubt it, i'm going with media smear camgaign, the army did not mention Trump or the Campaign

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

it will be interesting to see where the pictures were taken as Biden was there 4 years ago and did the same, lets see if they are treated differently for doing the same thing.

No problem.

If you find the campaign ad that Biden issued, you can post it here.

We'll wait.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks very much. 

I was very surprised about their eligibility to "rest" in the most hallowed ground of Arlington National Cemetery. There is something about that place that demands the utmost respect for the sacrifices of Amerucan veterans throughout history.

No surprise that the most awful person Trump is incapable of feeling that.

My Dad was a WW2 vet who did his part to defeat fascists abroad.

Sad indeed that we now have domestic insurrectionist fascists that still require defeating today.

yeah, its called the democrat party

• Confused 2