Pit bull attack in Bangkok market sparks safety concerns

webfact

9 minutes ago, adrin said:

every pitbull has to be putdown, as well as their criminal tattooed farang owners

In this case the owner is a Thai person,kill him too right?

Just now, NativeBob said:

I'd rather be a bit more pro-active: if I see a free roaming mutt I consider it a legit target

Don't want to wait until it decides to attack me or whatever might get into its dumb skull. 

......in Thailand?

😮

7 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

I'd rather be a bit more pro-active: if I see a free roaming mutt I consider it a legit target. 

Don't want to wait until it decides to attack me or whatever might get into its dumb skull. 

Yes dumb skulls everywhere,are you going to shoot them all?

You must not be in Thailand.

A bit of a naive comment there Bob.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

no, in Bangkok. 

I only know Sukhumvit soi 2 upto soi 24.......only dogs I can recall are Tattoo in the Red Hog bar soi 8...and Hansa soi 7......555

• Haha 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

I only know Sukhumvit soi 2 upto soi 24.......only dogs I can recall are Tattoo in the Red Hog bar soi 8...and Hansa soi 7......555

Yeah! now I know where did I see you! 

btw, I noticed that area around Korean (Samsung) Embassy absolutely free from any canine life forms. Why so?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

I'd rather be a bit more pro-active: if I see a free roaming mutt I consider it a legit target. 

Do you mean to say you are attacking soi dogs who are minding their own business? People too, or just dogs? 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

what a bizarre statement ....  the person was bitten while walking past the dog so maybe he's cleaned the bite mark and that's what we see ....  It has probably nipped him rather than a bite. 

I was bitten, not by a pitbull, but by a very small terrier and I can tell you the puncture marks and swelling were still very visible 3 days later, after I received treatment 5 mins after the attack as the dog owner was a paramedic in Chanthaburi.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, zepplin said:

Yes there are irresponsible pitbull owners , and there are many , like me , that have wonderful dogs, I’ve had 4 , 2 were killed by cobras, and still have 2 of the nicest gentle dogs you could meet. They are not allowed to roam free though, and are well trained, something most Thais are too lazy to do.

The people who “ASSume”  that every pitbull is a killing machine, should stop making an ass of themselves!

Yet the statistics prove pitbulls are too dangerous to be kept as pets, owners always say they are gentle and would not hurt a fly, hurting humans, especially kids does not seem to bother them though. They are illegal in many countries and states for a reason- the long lists of people attacked and killed by them

3 minutes ago, proton said:

Took a while for this old delusional lie to appear. Strange how pit bulls, xl bullies and rotties are at the top the list of breeds attacking and killing people. There ARE many dog breeds totally unsuitable as pets- because they are too DANGEROUS and no amount of training can correct what they were bred for, which is violence.

I would tend to agree with you.....however....there is also a tendency for these dogs to appeal to certain sections of society....one's not overly concerned with other people's safety.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Take the pit to top government building and set him loose after legislation will make it illegal to own, breed or bring them into Thailand 🤔

"...will make it illegal to ... bring them into Thailand".

It already is illegal to import them.

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

That would be labradors actually.

May well be true, but population sizes have to be accounted  to avoid distortions that arise from using absolute numbers.

Staffies were banned in Germany.....I had one of the last ones......but German Shepherds were streets ahead in numbers of attacks....they were, obviously, never banned along with German Pinschers and Rottweilers...all not banned.

7 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I would tend to agree with you.....however....there is also a tendency for these dogs to appeal to certain sections of society....one's not overly concerned with other people's safety.

Yes, criminals, drug dealers and morons mainly.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

Do you mean to say you are attacking soi dogs who are minding their own business? People too, or just dogs? 

I mean to say that whenever I see them I consider as possible threat. Like a gangs - you're not going to shoot them but consider they might find you "interesting" and you'll have to take certain measures. 

and I don't like this "feelings" at all. 

10 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yeah! now I know where did I see you! 

btw, I noticed that area around Korean (Samsung) Embassy absolutely free from any canine life forms. Why so?

35 minutes ago, zepplin said:

Yes there are irresponsible pitbull owners , and there are many , like me , that have wonderful dogs, I’ve had 4 , 2 were killed by cobras, and still have 2 of the nicest gentle dogs you could meet. They are not allowed to roam free though, and are well trained, something most Thais are too lazy to do.

The people who “ASSume”  that every pitbull is a killing machine, should stop making an ass of themselves!

Not completely true, There are plenty of people that claim their pit bulls wouldn't hurt a fly, but.....

The real truth is that they are unpredictable!

The oft-exaggerated claims of "killing machines",  I agree with you. I have been bitten twice by dogs that were not pitbulls, and would argue that is more about the Owners than the breed, and they are not banned. But in countries where pitbulls are banned is because of their unpredictability. I guess you think they shouldn't be because your opinion is more important than the facts!

Thailand should wake up accordingly!!

2 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Who in their right mind would have a pit bull terrier as a pet? There's only one way to fix a pit bull and that's a lead weight in the left ear. It should be illegal to own a pit bull as it is in other countries and then the owners can face serious consequences.

Many US cities have breed bans that prohibit Pit Bulls and other breeds considered dangerous. This is NOT A KIND AND LOVING ANIMAL... PERIOD... They need and have been put down.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Not completely true, There are plenty of people that claim their pit bulls wouldn't hurt a fly, but.....

The real truth is that they are unpredictable!

Thailand should wake up accordingly!!

Yes, leave those freaky monsters, there are hundreds of breeds and most are dumb mutts. 

Our neighbor was bitten by Labrador, few month before some hasky bit motocy-man, some time last year mix-breed mongrel pulls ankle of house keeper. 

What pit-bull? 

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Wow!.....I don't want anymore mental dogs upcountry.....there is no shortage of them as it is.

Sounds like there's a market gap for muzzles?

• Haha 1