Kamala Harris Outlines Vision for Presidency in Exclusive CNN Interview

Social Media

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Until December, anyway...

Yes, at heart Kamala Harris is the most liberal  politician in US politics today, She supports Gaza, but threw the Palestinians under the bus because she knows she now has to sing the Israeli hymn sheet. She gave up her environmental objections because she knows fracking is big inPennsylvania and she needs the votes there. She supported BLM but no longer supports defunding. She supports immigration, but no longer wants to abolish ICE, instead calls to fund it.

Is this a real conversion? Obviously not. It's purely expeditious in order to gain votes, so she can be president. God knows what she would unleash then. But thankfully we will never find out.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I was surprised as well the BBC would do such a fairly even minded article on that interview.

Sadly, I can not find a single fair minded even handed article on the Trump Musk interview. They're all frothing at the mouth.

The BBC always did. BTW CNNcalso highlighted it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illisdean said:

She is easy prey even for softball CNN as Kamala mopped the floor with herself. Wait until Trump kicks in her feckless teeth, but Harris will find a way to turtle out of the ABC debate.

It is a rotten game, 

57 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Must be quite disconcerting for the Trump fans, watching how a grown up handles an interview.

They must be thinking....where are all the lies?....the gross exaggerations?.....the venomous statements about opponents?.....the endless falsehoods?

Thank you, it is a bunch shallow minded kids here to, who bites on everything a Fox "anal lyst" commentator says

Love how she always references her time as a California prosecutor. I was born and raised in California, so I know their justice system cares more about criminals rights than victims rights. Not to mention they couldn't even convict OJ. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Love how she always references her time as a California prosecutor. I was born and raised in California, so I know their justice system cares more about criminals rights than victims rights. Not to mention they couldn't even convict OJ. 

Odd...seems many Trumpettes on here have a hissy fit about her sending people to jail?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Odd...seems many Trumpettes on here have a hissy fit about her sending people to jail?

I think you'll find it's sending innocent people to death row which is the issue with her prosecutorial record.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I think you'll find it's sending innocent people to death row which is the issue with her prosecutorial record.

Which, as we know, she never did!!!

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Which, as we know, she never did!!!

She was involved in the Trulove case, as sure as there's angels in heaven. She was at the court when the verdict was read out and laughed in his face when he was led away to death row.

Then it turned out he was innocent.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Come on, let's be real. 

She's reversed her position on fracking because it's a widely used practice in Pennsylvania, and she knows that's a crucial swing state and wants the votes because she's desperate to be president.

It has nothing to do with "global economic context is different". That was an environmental issue.

The global economic context has drastically changed, in particular re. energy. Banning fracking would have significant negative consequences on the energy market.

And she is part of a government which expanded fracking (under some conditions), so nothing new or specific to this election.. Same policy as ever since Obama started it.

Just now, candide said:

The global economic context has drastically changed, in particular re. energy. Banning fracking would have significant negative consequences on the energy market.

And she is part of a government which expanded fracking (under some conditions), so nothing new or specific to this election.. Same policy as ever since Obama started it.

Ms Harris had said that "there is no question I'm in favour of banning fracking" during a CNN town hall in 2019. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3ejw1kd7ndo

She flip-flopped. And she didn't do so because of global economic reasons. She now loves fracking because Biden and Harris realised that fracking is big in Pennsylvania and they need to support it to win that state.

Sanctimonious Harris strikes again. 

Anyway - "blah blah blah - New Green Deal" 

A few moments later: 

Staff for Senator Harris rush out a statement saying she no longer supports the New Green Deal. 

A few moments later. 

"Blah blah blah - inflation Reduction Act - metrics for climate change, world leading..........."

A few moments later 

Staff for Senator Harris rush out a statement saying she supports fracking. 

Come one - this is wild stuff. 

Also, I think someone is playing an all-time classic troll because her plan to tax unrealised gains cannot be real. There's just no way that it is a genuine policy and I invite any Democrat member of this forum to reassure me that there is no way she is intending to enact that policy. 

It must be a troll - has to be. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

And to explain to the Democrats why that policy is so wild. 

A farmer has 100 pregnant cows. The tax man says "25 of those calves belong to me." 

20 of the calves are stillborn. 

The tax man says "so sad, too bad, you still owe me 25 calves." 

Or - 

A farmer has 100 tons of potato growing in his field

The tax man says "25 tons of those potatos belong to me." 

Blight wipes out the entire crop. 

The tax man says "so sad, too bad, you still owe me 25 tons of potatos." 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theblether said:

And to explain to the Democrats why that policy is so wild. 

A farmer has 100 pregnant cows. The tax man says "25 of those calves belong to me." 

20 of the calves are stillborn. 

The tax man says "so sad, too bad, you still owe me 25 calves." 

Or - 

A farmer has 100 tons of potato growing in his field

The tax man says "25 tons of those potatos belong to me." 

Blight wipes out the entire crop. 

The tax man says "so sad, too bad, you still owe me 25 tons of potatos." 

or you should lay off the booze. what a load of drivel you just wrote. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, candide said:

She flip-floped already when she joined Biden and his platform, and she is VP of a government which has expanded fracking.

Nothing new there.

The concern is not what Biden-Harris did, but rather what Harris-Walz will do. 

Harris is on record promising to implement any number of bad policies, and she has flipped on many of them for the election.

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The concern is not what Biden-Harris did, but rather what Harris-Walz will do. 

Harris is on record promising to implement any number of bad policies, and she has flipped on many of them for the election.

In the case I was discussing, she already flipped in 2020 when she joined Biden. Nothing specific to this election.

Fake MAGA outrage! 😀

Edited by candide

1 minute ago, candide said:

In the case I was discussing, she already flipped in 2020 when she joined Biden. Nothing specific to this election.

There is no evidence that Harris changed her position on fracking in 2020. Biden was on the top of the ticket. 

In 2019, Biden said he wanted to eliminate fracking, and in 2020 he said he opposed new fracking. That oil prices were such that he had to flip, does not mean he, much less Harris have really changed what they think about it. 

Do you really think that Harris now wants to stop the flood of immigrants into the county?

Again, Harris is on record promising to implement any number of bad policies, and she has flipped on many of them for the election.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

There is no evidence that Harris changed her position on fracking in 2020. Biden was on the top of the ticket. 

In 2019, Biden said he wanted to eliminate fracking, and in 2020 he said he opposed new fracking. That oil prices were such that he had to flip, does not mean he, much less Harris have really changed what they think about it. 

Do you really think that Harris now wants to stop the flood of immigrants into the county?

Again, Harris is on record promising to implement any number of bad policies, and she has flipped on many of them for the election.

When she joined Biden she adopted his platform.

More fake outrage! 😀

54 minutes ago, candide said:

She flip-floped already when she joined Biden and his platform, and she is VP of a government which has expanded fracking.

Nothing new there, a nothing burger! 😀

She was part of a flip flopping failed administration. Fair enough.

35 minutes ago, stoner said:

or you should lay off the booze. what a load of drivel you just wrote. 

Not drivel.  It's an accurate description of her policy to tax unrealised gains. 

Staggering - isn't it? 

• Confused 2

Just now, stoner said:

Not really. 

Yes it is. A direct attack on the business owners and wealth creators. They'll just go offshore, just as they did during the infamous Brain Drain from the UK. 

I've got to be honest, you're clearly clueless on these matters so it would be better if you went quiet. The forum has enough worthless posts without you adding to it. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

To be honest I was expecting softer, given it was CNN.

Something along the lines of "How do you remain so dignified, serene and captivating when dealing with that hideous animal, Trump" as an opener wouldn't have surprised me one bit.

Harris wasn't sinking to Trump level conversation pieces as shown by her swift answer to CNN asking about Trumps questioning her race.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, theblether said:

Yes it is. A direct attack on the business owners and wealth creators. They'll just go offshore, just as they did during the infamous Brain Drain from the UK. 

I've got to be honest, you're clearly clueless on these matters so it would be better if you went quiet. The forum has enough worthless posts without you adding to it. 

Oh. I see you have misconstruded what I was saying. I was talking about your bs analysis. Not the policy. You aren't the intellectual political heavyweight you think you are. These forums are garbage to begin with. 

You should stick to being an angry Scottish drunk. Trust me I know life sucks when you're Scottish. 

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

Ms Harris had said that "there is no question I'm in favour of banning fracking" during a CNN town hall in 2019. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3ejw1kd7ndo

She flip-flopped. And she didn't do so because of global economic reasons. She now loves fracking because Biden and Harris realised that fracking is big in Pennsylvania and they need to support it to win that state.

So, a bit like Trump......I've turned over a 50 years law that permits abortions.....look at me.....oh wait...what? Half the voters are women?

Trump.......it's only right and proper that individual states decide their own abortion rules....(many of which will now allow abortions with restrictions)......so the principle was what?.....I'm pro-life unless it impacts on the number of votes I get???

That kind of flip flop?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stoner said:

Oh. I see you have misconstruded what I was saying. I was talking about your bs analysis. Not the policy. You aren't the intellectual political heavyweight you think you are. These forums are garbage to begin with. 

You should stick to being an angry Scottish drunk. Trust me I know life sucks when you're Scottish. 

Pathetic, worthless personal attack. My analysis is accurate, 

Unrealised tax policy = being taxed on profit YOU HAVE NOT COLLECTED. 

This is not difficult to understand. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1