Can somebody please explain this to me..

Go to any Party or Celebration and take the two largest and cheapest Bottles of Plonk you can put on the table. You will have a lot of Thai Men friends around you prepared to embrace you and your World for the duration of those Bottles.    Even better; buy a load of Food as well and the party will last even longer !

23 hours ago, bob smith said:

agree.

they have to be dealt with one way or another..

bob.

One good way to deal with a Thai guy is to force them into a situation where it's quiet and they are alone.

They can't stand it. I have seen situations (usually a security guard or similar) that have to work alone in an empty or dark space. They get real agitated and depressed.

If you can't go to extremes, just approximate as much as possible. For example, keep the radio and TV off, don't talk and give eye contact, give them rooms in the back away from traffic sounds with a lot of privacy, or anything that's not social, stuff like that.

Edited by JimTripper

one of my best friends ever in this lifetime was a Thai motorcycle guy in Bangkok... Very tough looking guy but one of the kindest and most decent men I have ever met. We had many adventures together. One year I paid $300 for him to have a life-saving operation. He gave me his grandfathers ring which I wear every day for the last 20 years. 10 years later,, he told me he finally had enough money to pay m back for the operation. Sure, I turned it down. Lost contact with him but will never forget the strength of his character and goodness.