The Importance of Respecting Trump Voters

Social Media

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree entirely.

I’ve also been in Thailand long enough to know it’s pointless, a thankless task even, to point out to a rube that they are being played.

Pointless for you, probably. Who wants to listen to your garbage?

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Kamala Harris is so offensive even her own father saw fit to publish a public rebuke for her attempt to paint herself in the colours of identity politics by claiming to be a weed smoker

She has not just offended her own father, but many others. Her total abandonment of any principles and flip flopping on every topic offendes common decency, she is clearly only out to get elected.

And yet the Democrat fan boys follow her blindly.

What can one respect here?

We should perhaps have a thread on VP Harris.

Oh and links, we should perhaps have those too.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You should remember that most of the Trumpers are victims of a con. Very few actually know what's going on, all they know is what their talking points say. 

And many are foreigners who hate America and want to see a weakened America so that a multi-polar world emerges. So, Trump would be such a weak President that Putin could do as he pleases.

Exactly. Which is why Putin chose to invade Ukraine when Obama and Biden were in office, but not Trump.  What better way to show that Trump is weak than to not invade your neighbour? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The last time you were offended at one of my comments was my prediction that you would not accept the indictment, trial, conviction of Trump, and I turned out I was correct.

I can assure you that it was a lot more recent than that.

But I don't remember any reaction of mine to your so-called ""prediction". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Exactly. Which is why Putin chose to invade Ukraine when Obama and Biden were in office, but not Trump.  What better way to show that Trump is weak than to not invade your neighbour? 

Your sarcasm is rubbish. Putin didn't invade Ukraine when Trump was in office because Trump was going to pull out of NATO in his second term. Luckily he never got a second term. And never will.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Your sarcasm is rubbish. Putin didn't invade Ukraine when Trump was in office because Trump was going to pull out of NATO in his second term. Luckily he never got a second term. And never will.

Utter and pure speculation. Any evidence to support this? Trump merely wanted NATO members to start pulling their own weight in their military spending. Countries like Germany and Canada and the UK were laggards and too used to relying on Uncle Sugar to do the heavy lifting. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I can assure you that it was a lot more recent than that.

But I don't remember any reaction of mine to your so-called ""prediction". 

Well we have Trump’s sentencing to look forward to.

Will Trump supporters, both foreign and domestic, respect the sentencing or will they take yet another step away from

any claims to uphold law and order?

On 9/2/2024 at 2:43 PM, AndreasHG said:

An American friend living in Bangkok, a Trump staunch supporter, turned from cheery and euphoric (when Trump was apparently set to win in a landslide against Joe Biden), to a dark and pessimistic state of mind, when Kamala Harris replaced Biden on the democratic ticket.

According to him, the republicans were tricked into fighting Joe Biden, spending a significant amount of money in the process, until very late in the presidential race, only to learn, at the very last minute, that Kamala Harris will be the democratic contender for the presidency.

He finds a hard time believing dems could outsmart the republicans. 

He insists that Kamala Harris democratic nomination is nothing short of illegal, because she did not win in a competitive contest and, therefore, she should be disqualified.

When we argued that she will still contest the presidency in a competitive and democratic general election, he replied that the American elections are rigged, and their outcome seldom reflect the will of the people.
He really seems hopeless, and we can't help but feeling sorry for him

I do commiserate with you......but he sounds like every supporter of Trump I've had the misfortune to meet.

The last one was so bad I left a full bottle of ice cold Singha at the bar....said I was just nipping to the loo.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well we have Trump’s sentencing to look forward to.

Will Trump supporters, both foreign and domestic, respect the sentencing or will they take yet another step away from

any claims to uphold law and order?

Dunno really, that's quite a big group you've bundled together.

I guess we'll have to wait for the verdict - if it ever happems.

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Kamala Harris is so offensive even her own father saw fit to publish a public rebuke for her attempt to paint herself in the colours of identity politics by claiming to be a weed smoker

She has not just offended her own father, but many others. Her total abandonment of any principles and flip flopping on every topic offendes common decency, she is clearly only out to get elected.

And yet the Democrat fan boys follow her blindly.

What can one respect here?

Unlike so many people that right wingers reflexively accuse of being Marxists, Harris's father actually is a Marxist. For shame on her for offending an actual Marxist!

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Unlike so many people that right wingers reflexively accuse of being Marxists, Harris's father actually is a Marxist. For shame on her for offending an actual Marxist!

I don't see what it has to do with her father being offended at a racial stereotype, that he's a marxist. You democrats are really obsessed with Marxism.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Funny that. Lefties have no facts to back up their lies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So is Harris and pretty much all lefties at least 50% Marxist.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I don't see what it has to do with her father being offended at a racial stereotype, that he's a marxist. You democrats are really obsessed with Marxism.

A predilection for smoking marijuana is a racial stereotype? What century are her father and you living in? Hyper woke much?

Just now, maesariang said:

So is Harris and pretty much all lefties at least 50% Marxist.

Tossing around those empty percentages again? I'm not sure you understand that Marxism is about workers controlling the means of production. I don't recall seeing any advocacy for that position in this topic. Or for that matter in any of the others.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Tossing around those empty percentages again? I'm not sure you understand that Marxism is about workers controlling the means of production. I don't recall seeing any advocacy for that position in this topic. Or for that matter in any of the others.

Never heard of Unions? Oh dear.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

A predilection for smoking marijuana is a racial stereotype? What century are her father and you living in? Hyper woke much?

Oooooh, are you attacking the father of Kamala Harris? That's a very bad idea. He's not one to mess about, I hear he's a Marxist scholar of great repute.

Indeed Harris did employ the stereotype of the weed smoking Jamaican, to give herself some much needed street cred, but it backfired badly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maesariang said:

Never heard of Unions? Oh dear.

What have unions got to do with workers controlling the means of production?  And what the unions have to do with your characterization of lefties as being 50% Marxist?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What have unions got to do with workers controlling the means of production?  And what the unions have to do with your characterization of lefties as being 50% Marxist?

Unions want to control wages, hours and standards. Oh dear.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Oooooh, are you attacking the father of Kamala Harris? That's a very bad idea. He's not one to mess about, I hear he's a Marxist scholar of great repute.

Indeed Harris did employ the stereotype of the weed smoking Jamaican, to give herself some much needed street cred, but it backfired badly.

Your apparent indiscriminate awe of a Marxist scholar is in a way refreshing but also sad.

That stereotype of Jamaicans may play in your brain or her father's, and it may have some traction in the UK, but it's not much of a thing in America.

6 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Unions want to control wages, hours and standards. Oh dear.

Owners also want to control wages hours and standards. That leads to negotiations. But what has that got to do with unions controlling the means of production? As the word indicates, it's owners who own the business and ultimately control it.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Your apparent indiscriminate awe of a Marxist scholar is in a way refreshing but also sad.

That stereotype of Jamaicans may play in your brain or her father's, and it may have some traction in the UK, but it's not much of a thing in America.

It's not of any marxist scholar, just Ms Harris father, he's a very impressive individual.

No, that stereotype also exists in America, I think you're quite wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Cameroni said:

It's not of any marxist scholar, just Ms Harris father, he's a very impressive individual.

No, that stereotype also exists in America, I think you're quite wrong.

Really? In America when Americans see a black person smoking they think that said person most likely is a Jamaican? It is to laugh.