Ultra Mobile sim - Anyone???

I just switched from Ting to Ultra Mobile International plan. I'm in the US at the moment, just wondering if anyone in Thailand is using this service and how it's working. I kept my old number.

Have two UltraMobile SIMs/numbers.

Both work fine.

I use the $3/month PAYG option.

I use WiFi Calling.

As you are in the U.S. it might be wise to get another UltraMobile PAYG SIM ($13 on eBay), activate it, sign up for a (another) Google Voice number with that new UMPAYG SIM number.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've used Ultra $3/mo deal for 3 years.

Only problem: SSA and my Banks don't accept it 😞

The reason; my name is not registered anywhere to that number... and that's what I like.

13 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Have two UltraMobile SIMs/numbers.

Both work fine.

I use the $3/month PAYG option.

I use WiFi Calling.

As you are in the U.S. it might be wise to get another UltraMobile PAYG SIM ($13 on eBay), activate it, sign up for a (another) Google Voice number with that new UMPAYG SIM number.

I got the 10G unlimited calling 3 month plan. $25.00/mo. I have my old number transferred over. I'll see how it works out when I return to Thailand.

10 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I got the 10G unlimited calling 3 month plan. $25.00/mo. I have my old number transferred over. I'll see how it works out when I return to Thailand.

Note that unless you enable WiFi Calling (done from the UltraMobile Dashboard <PC>, or their mobile app) AND have a capable/compatible device (verify now while in the U.S.), you will NOT be able to make/receive calls or texts from Thailand UNLESS you purchase International credit(s)...

$5 INTL Call Credit each month
$5 INTL Roaming Credit (one-time)

https://www.ultramobile.com/product/10gb-prepaid-plan/?srsltid=AfmBOoqs_7jd5wyZsfFxFvF9I4WljzWoObVVDZAzWA1Zygg6WXu02Rdl

This SIM/plan, while good for the U.S. may be overkill for your Thai-centric application requirements.

Again, I'd recommend getting (And activating while in the U.S.) ANOTHER UM (PAYG) SIM, for $13 and $3 month. Then get (another?) Google Voice number on that PAYG SIM number.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285112988423

...if only as a backup.

On 9/3/2024 at 3:52 AM, bamnutsak said:

you will NOT be able to make/receive calls or texts from Thailand UNLESS you purchase International credit(s)...

I'm receiving text from US to EU without Int credit. I only have $3/mo and it works fine.

I don't have WiFi activated neither. I never tried calls.

I never tried text or calls from Thailand but don't see why it would not work as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2024 at 4:28 PM, GypsyT said:

I've used Ultra $3/mo deal for 3 years.

Only problem: SSA and my Banks don't accept it 😞

The reason; my name is not registered anywhere to that number... and that's what I like.

We have the UltraMobile PayGo sim and have enabled WiFi calling and texting.

My wife has that UM number on her SSA online account and there is no problem using it to get the 2FA text message during login.

Edited by gamb00ler

I started with the 3 month at $25./mo. 10gig. I enabled the wifi calling for Thailand. As I go along I'll downgrade the service for time in Thailand.

One thing to beware is making sure your phone is compatible with sim.

Edited by EVENKEEL