Tory Councillor’s Wife Pleads Guilty to Racial Hate Post Remanded in Custody

Social Media

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I think they should save the spaces for child rapists personally.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13768989/child-rapist-spared-jail-prison-overcrowding.html

But if we are to descend into jailing people for silly FaceBook posts then at least apply it to both sides.

When it only applies to one side, no.

2 Tier Britain in full effect once again. 

For the record Jonny.

I think child rapists should be imprisoned too.

A pity someone sad idle for over a decade while the UK’s prison population grew to the point of over fill.

Maybe more prisons should have bed. Built before the overfill occurred.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think child rapists should be imprisoned too.

But there is only room for one.

And they decided that a stupid social media post is more deserving of a jail sentence than raping a 14 year old child. 

What a disgrace. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Letby wasn't directly criticizing the government's policy. 

Neither was the child rapist that they kept out of prison.

The laser focus on draconian sentences rushed through the courts are reserved for people who criticize the governments immigration policy and #refugeeswelcome stance.

They know the public anger and are scared, so they are trying to stamp it out quickly with the steel boot of authoritarianism before it gets out of hand.

In my opinion it will not work. It is not a long term strategy. You can only hold the lid on the pressure cooker for so long. Soon, they are going to have to address the underlying issues that people are concerned about instead of jailing people who vent on social media about it. 

Of course it was a stupid thing to post. But she deleted it quickly and apologized. Nobody was harmed. A fine and a warning about future conduct would have been sufficient, but they want to send out a strong message that mass immigration is going to happen whether the public likes it or not. Also, the fact that she is a Tory means it's open season as far as the left are concerned. 

Sad times for Britain. I'd imagine there are an awful lot of people who regret voting for Labour. 

This.

Also next up is a law to stop any truth telling about Islam.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

But there is only room for one.

And they decided that a stupid social media post is more deserving of a jail sentence than raping a 14 year old child. 

What a disgrace. 

Do you have a link to that particular decision?

A link to the actual decision, not the allegation of the decision?

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So not because a vile racist has been placed in remand having been found guilty of inciting race hatred, but because the UK’s prisons are over crowded.

A problem that predates the current Government:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/may/09/government-crisis-measure-prison-overcrowding

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So not because a vile racist has been placed in remand having been found guilty of inciting race hatred, but because the UK’s prisons are over crowded.

A problem that predates the current Government:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/may/09/government-crisis-measure-prison-overcrowding

Too crowded for the child rapist.

But they managed to find a place for the Tory social media poster.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Too crowded for the child rapist.

But they managed to find a place for the Tory social media poster.

While swerving on the fact that the underlying problem is longstanding prison over crowding, you did notice the rapist is male and the racist is female?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

While swerving on the fact that the underlying problem is longstanding prison over crowding,

Maybe the prisons would not be so overcrowded if the weren't jailing people for silly FaceBook posts?

you did notice the rapist is male and the racist is female?

Not sure what sex has anything to do with it. They also jailed the male who posted on FaceBook confirming Rayners stance on sending the immigrants to every town. 

I didn't see anything racist in her post. She was complaining about immigrants, not a specific race.  

37 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe the prisons would not be so overcrowded if the weren't jailing people for silly FaceBook posts?

Not sure what sex has anything to do with it. They also jailed the male who posted on FaceBook confirming Rayners stance on sending the immigrants to every town. 

I didn't see anything racist in her post. She was complaining about immigrants, not a specific race.  

The prisons were over crowded back in May before rightwing racist rioters and online hate mongers were being very rightly arrested, charged and found guilty of their crimes.

A swift revision of your argument once its flaws have been pointed out you.

Please name this martyr of yours so we can check the court reports to sew what he was actually jailed for. 

That you don’t see any racism is evidence of something but not evidence that she is not a racist.

“She has been charged with publishing written material which was threatening, abusive or insulting intending thereby to stir up racial hatred or having regard to all the circumstances, whereby racial hatred was likely to be stirred up, contrary to section 19 of the Public Order Act 1986.”

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/woman-charged-publishing-material-intending-stir-racial-hatred

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The prisons were over crowded back in May before rightwing racist rioters and online hate mongers were being very rightly arrested, charged and found guilty of their crimes.

Irrelevant. Why are child rapists being spared jail due to overcrowding but FaceBook posters get jail? 

A swift revision of your argument once its flaws have been pointed out you.

How so?

Please name this martyr of yours so we can check the court reports to sew what he was actually jailed for. 

Not a martyr of mine. I've posted it at least 5 times and debated it with you at length. Forgotten again? Or just trying to get more posts in?

That you don’t see any racism is evidence of something but not evidence that she is not a racist.

“She has been charged with publishing written material which was threatening, abusive or insulting intending thereby to stir up racial hatred or having regard to all the circumstances, whereby racial hatred was likely to be stirred up, contrary to section 19 of the Public Order Act 1986.”

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/woman-charged-publishing-material-intending-stir-racial-hatred

I saw the original post. She was stupid, but not racist. 

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Irrelevant. Why are child rapists being spared jail due to overcrowding but FaceBook posters get jail? 

How so?

Not a martyr of mine. I've posted it at least 5 times and debated it with you at length. Forgotten again? Or just trying to get more posts in?

I saw the original post. She was stupid, but not racist. 

I’m guessing gaol is a first come first serve kind of thing, but I agree someone needs to be held accountable for the prisons being over crowded long before rightwing racists went on their hate driven crime spree.

Your opinion on her not being a racist is at odds with that of the CPS and her own statements, but I do accept you might have a higher threshold on what constitutes racism than does the law.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

I’m guessing gaol is a first come first serve kind of thing, but I agree someone needs to be held accountable for the prisons being over crowded long before rightwing racists went on their hate driven crime spree.

Divert by blaming the Tories all you want. Fact is, the child rapist went free and the social media poster will go to jail. Perhaps you have a higher acceptance of child rape or a lower acceptance of silly social media rants than I do?

Your opinion on her not being a racist is at odds with that of the CPS and her own statements, but I do accept you might have a higher threshold on what constitutes racism than does the law.

It appears to be at odds with the CPS. The CPS often get things wrong, as they did in this case.

She did not state she was racist. She predicted that others would claim she was being racist. And you have proved her correct. Well done. 

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Divert by blaming the Tories all you want. Fact is, the child rapist went free and the social media poster will go to jail. Perhaps you have a higher acceptance of child rape or a lower acceptance of silly social media rants than I do?

It appears to be at odds with the CPS. The CPS often get things wrong, as they did in this case.

She did not state she was racist. She predicted that others would claim she was being racist. And you have proved her correct. Well done. 

I’ve already state I would like to see the child rapist sent to gaol, so a bit of a failed slur in your part.

The CPS clearly didn’t get the prosecution of this self confessed racist wrong, they secured a conviction.

She absolutely did admit to her racism:

“The wife of a Tory councillor has pleaded guilty to writing a social media post intending to stir up racial hatred.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cx2910vrrygo

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve already state I would like to see the child rapist sent to gaol, so a bit of a failed slur in your part.

The CPS clearly didn’t get the prosecution of this self confessed racist wrong, they secured a conviction.

She absolutely did admit to her racism:

“The wife of a Tory councillor has pleaded guilty to writing a social media post intending to stir up racial hatred.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cx2910vrrygo

So what?  This is just one amongst a gazillion posts on social media that could fall into the category of racism.  White people have to put up with racist abuse on social media constantly from the global majority races and don't expect anyone to go to jail for expressing their vile racist opinions.   

You really should give your head a bit of a shake if you think expressing a horrible view on social media is a jail worthy offence.   She didn't hire an arsonist or a hitman, she just expressed an unpalatable view and should be given the same punishment Jo Brand received for suggesting that someone should throw acid at Nigel Farage which is the equivalent offence.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

She didn't hire an arsonist or a hitman, she just expressed an unpalatable view and should be given the same punishment Jo Brand received for suggesting that someone should throw acid at Nigel Farage which is the equivalent offence.  

Which was nothing. Although the BBC did give her a gentle slap on the wrist!

On 9/4/2024 at 7:06 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Yep, lock that whataboutary guy up too.

Next.

But he has a point which you seem unable to respond to.

The Labour guy who wanted people to slit throats (and said it out in the street)  is hardly talked about in the press, and as far as I'm aware isn't going to be locked up. 

This lady is splashed all over the news for posting something no worse online. 

Do you not think it's worth observing how the two cases are dealt with, so you can disprove the 2 tier allegations?

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But he has a point which you seem unable to respond to.

The Labour guy who wanted people to slit throats (and said it out in the street)  is hardly talked about in the press, and as far as I'm aware isn't going to be locked up. 

This lady is splashed all over the news for posting something no worse online. 

Do you not think it's worth observing how the two cases are dealt with, so you can disprove the 2 tier allegations?

The Labour guy was all over the press at the time, a few weeks pass and he’s no longer all over the press.

That’s how news cycles work.

It’s not for me to ‘prove 2 tier allegations’, it’s not an allegation I make.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Labour guy was all over the press at the time, a few weeks pass and he’s no longer all over the press.

That’s how news cycles work.

It’s not for me to ‘prove 2 tier allegations’, it’s not an allegation I make.

He's in the press today

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/sep/06/suspended-labour-councillor-ricky-jones-denies-encouraging-violent-disorder

And this will cause massive conflict among some;

A video emerged after the protest in which he appeared to call for far-right protesters’ throats to be “cut” during the demonstration.

Jones was charged by police with encouraging violent disorder two days later.

......The defendant, who appeared via video link in custody from HMP Wormwood Scrubs, spoke to confirm his identity and enter the plea during a brief hearing at Snaresbrook crown court on Friday.......

The district judge Oscar Del Fabbro said the case would be referred up to the presiding judge as it constituted a class 1C of the Crime and Disorder Act offence.

He ordered the defendant to produce a defence statement by 25 October, and set a provisional trial date of 20 January next year at the same court.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/labour-councillor-ricky-jones-not-guilty-cut-throats-riots-fascists-disorder-b1180481.html

The councillor was remanded back into custody at Friday’s hearing, but the court was told a bail application is set to be made.

Note, he has spent a month in the 'Scrubs, a hard prison. He might well get bail, but he might not. On the one hand as a councillor (he's now listed as independant), he might be expected to be nicely compliant with the terms of his bail, but on the other hand, his is a councillor, and therefore should be made an example of.

Pretty much all the previous cases people have plead guilty once presented with the facts. Jones has decided to plead not guilty, even though he has admitted uttering the words. The arguments will be what he said failed to meet the standards for the offence he was charged for. Lets see how that goes, and if he decides to become a Free Speech martyr with the likes of Tommy "I'm Irish" Robinson and Laurence "I'm now a jobbing actor" Fox rushing to his defence. Or are they conflicted, because he's Labour (and probably pretty old school Labour judging by his bio), and therefore their ideological enemy.

The CPS refer cases they think they have a good chance of securing a conviction. He's going away for a while, for excercising he freedom of speech, albeit in the so called heat of the moment, tlling people to go and attack others.

s

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Only a suspended sentence for Mohamed. It would appear that actually rioting is not as bad as posting on FaceBook about rioting.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cqjlx4rye82o

image.png.10aef167b1ef1f7bf8c3244f1d97a494.png

I guess there were no cells available for this guy or the child rapist. The prisons are simply too full, they say. Of course, they will find one for the Tory FaceBook poster, as well as the guy who repeated Rayner's promise that immigrants will be shared equally to every town. That was simply unforgivable and a lengthy sentence was inevitable, they say. They'll release some prisoners early to make space for "serious" crimes like stupid FaceBook posts.

Two Tier Britain in full effect. 

Once again misrepresenting the facts of convictions that have been explained to you with links to the actual charges/convictions.

Clearly trolling the forum with misinformation.

• Agree 1