Donald Trump Interview | Lex Fridman Podcast #442

Over the last years I saw many Lex Fridman interviews with many interesting people. And when I saw this one last night, I thought that might be interesting.

It's bad. So bad. My intention was to look it all. But after a few minutes I skipped forward, looked another minute or two, another forward skip, no, it's impossible to listen to that <derogatory trolling nickname edited out> without getting some not so nice urges.

No other guest ever had such a limited way to express himself and was so full of <deleted>.

The best I can say about Trump is that he was not too shy to agree to this, that's something.

And for the record: I am not a fan of the DEMs and Biden and Harris. I hope Harris will agree to a similar interview. But I would be surprised if she is willing to expose herself.

Enjoy!

Edited by metisdead
  • Thumbs Up 1

Weird interview in that the two participants seemed to be in different locations, so the two-camera thing was distracting.

I think this is first time I've ever seen Trump chuckle, when the interviewer suggested that things would be better if they did mushrooms in Congress.

To me it seems like the same old, old Trump, rehashing his greatest hits, while not really saying anything that makes sense.

At least it wasn't as bad as his Kanye West "interview".

I'm not sure Harris would reach any voters who can be persuaded to vote for her on this podcast, and her time might be better spent campaigning fact to face.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Over the last years I saw many Lex Fridman interviews with many interesting people. And when I saw this one last night, I thought that might be interesting.

It's bad. So bad. My intention was to look it all. But after a few minutes I skipped forward, looked another minute or two, another forward skip, no, it's impossible to listen to that <derogatory trolling nickname edited out> without getting some not so nice urges.

No other guest ever had such a limited way to express himself and was so full of <deleted>.

The best I can say about Trump is that he was not too shy to agree to this, that's something.

And for the record: I am not a fan of the DEMs and Biden and Harris. I hope Harris will agree to a similar interview. But I would be surprised if she is willing to expose herself.

Enjoy!

Keeping  campaign interviews simple can be a strategic choice for a president seeking votes.

Trumps main points were the illegal immigration, Bidens incompetence especially over the withdrawal from Afghanistan and doing his best to put Harris in the same light . He also made a point of his record as president being a peace keeper.

He is an American and therefore knows how to speak to them better than people living in foreign countries who can not vote for him.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure he knows how to talk to his MAGA fanboys. And there are many of them.

But I am sure there are also a couple of smart Americans out there... 

You as a non American consider make America great again supporters are not smart?

That says more about you than reality.

On 9/4/2024 at 12:13 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

If you can't see that by yourself then maybe you are one of them.

Obviously, there are also some smart people who also like to profit together with Trump. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ5ziBgHOkHDuF8S0y2Dy

Most people vote with their wallet , are republicans any different?

News reporting on the Trump interview in question:

Trump Slurs and Stumbles Way Through Conspiracy-Laden Interview

Donald Trump majorly fumbled an attempt to defend his 2020 election conspiracies.

September 4, 2024

https://newrepublic.com/post/185563/donald-trump-slurs-stumbles-conspiracy-interview

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

And...

Trump Talks About Sending Tweets at 3 A.M. and His Pal Jeffrey Epstein on Lex Fridman Podcast

Updated September 4, 2024

Trump clearly got very confused and misspoke a number of times, including when he talked about appearing on “The Answer” with Rosie O’Donnell when he meant the daytime talk show “The View.” The former president also rambled about how Joe Biden “thinks he looks good in a bathing suit, which he doesn’t.”

One of the more awkward moments during Trump’s relatively short 45-minute chat (most Fridman interviews are several hours), was when he was asked about the late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and any files that Trump might release if he becomes president again.

“Um, he was a good salesman. He was, you know, a hale and hearty type of guy,” while suggesting he might release files on Epstein.

In reality, Epstein was one of Trump’s friends and there’s an incredibly creepy video of the two dancing with their lecherous looks in the 1990s.

(more)

https://gizmodo.com/trump-talks-about-sending-tweets-at-3-a-m-and-his-pal-jeffrey-epstein-on-lex-fridman-podcast-2000494377

• Sad 1

On 9/4/2024 at 6:32 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Enjoy!

You must be joking. This was garbage. I watched a few minutes when it came online and immediately clicked off. The 200 IQ versus the 20 IQ. It was unwatchable. 

1 hour ago, RSD1 said:

You must be joking. This was garbage. I watched a few minutes when it came online and immediately clicked off. The 200 IQ versus the 20 IQ. It was unwatchable. 

I also didn't see much of it. But I had in mind to give Trump a chance. He could have answered the questions like an intelligent competent person who has nothing to hide. He didn't.

If anybody was still in doubt about Trump, then watching (part of) that conversation should be enough to decide: I don't want that guy.

Obviously, that still leave the problem about the alternative. Will Kamala agree to such a conversation? I hope so, but I don't think it will happen.

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Will Kamala agree to such a conversation? I hope so, but I don't think it will happen.

I would be interested to watch it if she did. It would be an intelligent conversation at least and not a pure insult to American voters. But I also don’t think it will happen. It’s all about campaign strategy at this point and she doesn’t need that interview to help propel her.

Trump on the other hand is struggling to remain relevant, while Harris sucks up all the air in the room. Maybe Trump should go on Rogan, Piers, Russel Brand, and the rest of the motley podcasts to try and gain even more exposure to his ghastly ineptitude. 

Perhaps it would be useful for Harris to go on Lex though after she wins the election and prior to her inauguration. It would help to give the American people a better understanding of what lies ahead for them in terms of her thinking and planned policies under her administration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSD1 said:

I would be interested to watch it if she did. It would be an intelligent conversation at least and not a pure insult to American voters. But I also don’t think it will happen. It’s all about campaign strategy at this point and she doesn’t need that interview to help propel her.

Trump on the other hand is struggling to remain relevant, while Harris sucks up all the air in the room. Maybe Trump should go on Rogan, Piers, Russel Brand, and the rest of the motley podcasts to try and gain even more exposure to his ghastly ineptitude. 

Perhaps it would be useful for Harris to go on Lex though after she wins the election and prior to her inauguration. It would help to give the American people a better understanding of what lies ahead for them in terms of her thinking and planned policies under her administration. 

Joe Rogan said several times he does not want to invite Trump - with good reasons.

If Harris wouldn't have anything to hide, and if she would have clear policy guidelines, and if she is able to freely talk, then I think a conversation with Lex would help per. But those are the reasons why I think it won't happen.

She and her handlers seem to prefer that different people think of her whatever they like to think. It would be disturbing for some of these people if reality doesn't match with their dreams. 

36 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Don't know what Trump was on, but he sure seemed sedated throughout this interview.
His answers were on par with every other interview, and during the part about the 2020 election he told 13 lies in 2 1/2 minutes.
Fridman lost me when he said that as an independent he, along with some of his friends, liked the fact that Trump was a deal maker and could end wars. For a man with a reputed IQ of ~135, I regarded that statement as asinine and just pandering to Trumps extreme hubris.
Guess its hard to make it interesting when you are interviewing a potato.

I saw many of Lex Fridman's conversations. And I think conversation is a good term, because he asks often open questions which can, and often do, go in unexpected directions.

If Lex has a conversation with open minded people, we learn a lot about those people. We don't have to agree with everything, and Lex certainly does not agree with everything he hears, but he lets people talk. Give them a change to explain themselves. I think that makes many of his conversations special.

On the other side, if he talks with people who want to hide behind platitudes, that becomes soon obvious. And then the viewers can make up their minds why those people don't want to talk freely. 

Lex gives everyone a chance to tell their story. If some people use that to expose to the world what idiots they are, Lex won't stop them. 

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Joe Rogan said several times he does not want to invite Trump - with good reasons.

If Harris wouldn't have anything to hide, and if she would have clear policy guidelines, and if she is able to freely talk, then I think a conversation with Lex would help per. But those are the reasons why I think it won't happen.

She and her handlers seem to prefer that different people think of her whatever they like to think. It would be disturbing for some of these people if reality doesn't match with their dreams. 

Whatever Harris is doing it seems to be working very well so far because she's winning and continuing to pull further ahead. The more interviews Trump does, the better it is for her as well because he nearly (or some might argue always) comes out looking like a buffoon struggling to say something intelligent.

This interview with Lex is another case in point of Trump hurting himself further by opening his mouth. And so was that disaster he caused to himself at that discussion with black journalists. Then the Musk interview where he was slurring and sounded inebriated. Then also his speech at The Economic Club of New York this past week where he couldn't even give sensible answer about something as simple as childcare. That stuff was all pure self-mutilation gold. If we are lucky, Trump will do even more. Plus, it's nearly impossible for him to avoid plunging his own foot in his own mouth with some occasional gratuitous racist or misogynistic slurs.

If I were the head of Harris's campaign team, I would continue having her do the exact same thing she's doing now and nothing more. Keep rallying and campaigning as much as possible, get out and meet the people, but avoid any unnecessary media discussions where someone might get cornered. The idea is to win and so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Three disastrous podcasts for Trump. Brilliant! And Harris isn't hiding, she's just winning. I know it's extremely painful for you to imagine your man-god losing the election, but some level of acceptance now will help ease the emotional crash for you later. 

I hope she wins, because she is the better of the bad alternatives.

But she is hiding, there is no question about that. She could give live interviews to promote herself. She is not doing that. Why not? I think there is only one answer: Because her strategists think that will hurt her.

And that is bad, when she wants that people vote for her because they don't know much about her. 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Because her strategists think that will hurt her.

You don't consider that perhaps her strategists allocate her time to the activities that will earn her the most votes?

Unfortunately elections in the USA are all too often primarily decided upon the charisma of the candidates, not their platforms.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But she is hiding, there is no question about that. She could give live interviews to promote herself. She is not doing that. Why not? I think there is only one answer: Because her strategists think that will hurt her.

And that is bad, when she wants that people vote for her because they don't know much about her. 

Her personality and lack of understanding of policies.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

She's campaigning all over the USA, not hiding. She's not doing interviews, it looks like because she has a more ground campaign with a far less traditional setup, and the present approach seems to be working, so why change.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Its not difficult to understand. Democrats are hoping that american voters are stupid enough to vote for someone who doesnt state her policies. They are trying to win through cheating and deception as they did four years ago. Selling the lie

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, RSD1 said:

She couldn't do it, that's why. She would need a script

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1