Body of Missing Man Found in Wang River After Falling From Tree While Sleeping

Georgealbert

IMG_5157.jpeg

Picture from responders.

The body of a 45-year-old construction worker was recovered, on September 4, from the Wang River in Lampang after he fell from a tree while attempting to sleep on it. The incident occurred near the governor's residence on the afternoon of September 3. Rescue teams searched for nearly 29 hours before the body was discovered.

The victim, identified as Mr. Ek, had reportedly climbed a tree along the riverbank to take a nap. However, he lost his balance and fell into the river. Despite an extensive search by local rescue units, including the Lampang Provincial Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Office and the Sawang Nakhon Lampang Rescue Unit, his body remained missing until the following day.

The discovery was made by a local resident, Mr. Ton, a 22-year-old from Thung Ji village, Mueang Pan District. Mr. Ton, who was visiting the riverside park with his girlfriend, noticed an object resembling a human head floating face-down in the water, approximately 50 metres away. Realising it might be the missing person, he immediately alerted rescue workers stationed across the river.

"I had heard about the missing person, so when I saw something floating in the river, I feared the worst. I shouted as loud as I could to the rescue team, worried that the body might drift past the dam," Mr. Ton recounted.

Rescue workers quickly crossed the suspension bridge and retrieved the body from the water. Authorities from Mueang Lampang Police Station and forensic doctors were called to the scene to conduct a preliminary examination before releasing the body to the victim's family.

The official investigation into the incident will continue, though it appears to have been a tragic accident.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-05

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The victim, identified as Mr. Ek, had reportedly climbed a tree along the riverbank to take a nap. However, he lost his balance and fell into the river.

How on earth do they come to these detailed conclusions?

I could just as well say, "The victim, identified as Mr. Ek, was clubbed on the back of his head by a neighbour with whom he had a long-running feud. The neighbour then pushed his body out into the river from where it floated downstream."

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The victim, identified as Mr. Ek, had reportedly climbed a tree along the riverbank to take a nap. However, he lost his balance and fell into the river.

Rock a bye baby, on the tree top,
When the wind blows the cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Purdey said:

How on earth do they come to these detailed conclusions?

I could just as well say, "The victim, identified as Mr. Ek, was clubbed on the back of his head by a neighbour with whom he had a long-running feud. The neighbour then pushed his body out into the river from where it floated downstream."

And you would be wrong.

On 9/5/2024 at 12:50 AM, bbbbooboo said:

hmmm…. maybe you shouldn’t try to

sleep in a tree or something ?

Lying on the ground can be unsafe if there are water monitors and snakes in the area. Also centipedes and stinging ants are more prevalent on the ground. Animals sleep in trees for a good reason.