Motorcycle Group’s Tragic Accident: One Dead, Several Injured After Colliding

Georgealbert

IMG_5246.jpeg

Picture from responders.

In the early hours of September 7, at approximately 01:35., an accident occurred involving a group of young motorcyclists on Highway 331, in the Huai Yai subdistrict of Bang Lamung district, Chonburi.

Pol. Lt. Prakasit Paladet, an investigator from the Huai Yai Police Station, received a report of a motorcycle collision resulting in both fatalities and injuries. Rescue teams from Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Foundation in Pattaya were immediately dispatched to the scene.

Upon arriving at the scene, authorities found four motorcycles scattered across the road and alongside it, severely damaged from the collision. The road was littered with broken motorcycle parts and debris. Three injured individuals were discovered lying on the ground, waiting for assistance from the rescue team, while another victim, identified as 18-year-old Mr. Patsakorn, was tragically found dead in the middle of the road. The injured individuals were provided first aid on-site before being rushed to the nearest hospital for urgent medical treatment.

According to statements from the group of friends, six of them had been riding motorcycles together, returning from a trip to the seaside in Sattahip. While on their way back, the deceased lost control of his motorcycle, causing it to crash. The sudden impact triggered a chain reaction, resulting in multiple motorcycles colliding and skidding across the road.

Police are continuing their investigation into the exact cause of the accident, but preliminary reports suggest high speed was the key factor contributing to this incident.

he road.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-07

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

young kids doing switch overs etc at speed thinking they are indestructible, they found out the hard way they were idiots that should not have been clowning around on the road at speed

• Agree 1

Can't find the original article.

A lot of "motorcycle clubs" make afternoon trips to places like Sattahip or some place in Chonburi and ride home after dark.

I've ridden back from Rayong and Sattahip after dark a few times with different groups of friends.

My very first "group ride", back in 2008, I almost died.
I was the last person in the group riding up Highway 36 and just as I was passing a transport truck, a huge tarp blew off and "sailed" onto the highway in front of me (near where that huge reclining Buddha is now, just off the highway).

As luck would have it, a gust of wind blew it over my head and it landed on the highway behind me. Looked back in my mirror and it had landed flat on the road in the lane behind me.

Had that happened in front of the lead motorcycles it would have been a catastrophe.

One of the big dangers of riding in a group is the bikes behind the leaders have to trust the lead riders to be aware of everything happening - or likely to happen - so they can slow down or give warning to the people behind them.

Which often doesn't happen here.

I've been riding along at the back of a group and suddenly a bike ahead of me swerves to the side, the bike behind him hits the brakes and he swerves and BAM ! There's a dead dog (or piece of debris like a part of of a blown out tire) or other obstruction in the road right in front of you.

Because the lead bikes saw it, never slowed down, just leaned a bit to the side and went around it, leaving it a surprise for everyone following.

Riding back in a group from Sattahip at 1:30 in the morning, I'd say most of them had a few "wobbly-pops" at wherever they'd been before riding back.

Trying to find a Thai news article about it with no luck though.

• Like 1

I've ridden many times in groups and one of the major rules is keep a safe distance apart. If anything happens to one bike it doesn't cause a problem to the others.

It also sounds like no helmets as usual, when will they learn?

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_5246.jpeg

Picture from responders.

In the early hours of September 7, at approximately 01:35., an accident occurred involving a group of young motorcyclists on Highway 331, in the Huai Yai subdistrict of Bang Lamung district, Chonburi.

Pol. Lt. Prakasit Paladet, an investigator from the Huai Yai Police Station, received a report of a motorcycle collision resulting in both fatalities and injuries. Rescue teams from Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Foundation in Pattaya were immediately dispatched to the scene.

Upon arriving at the scene, authorities found four motorcycles scattered across the road and alongside it, severely damaged from the collision. The road was littered with broken motorcycle parts and debris. Three injured individuals were discovered lying on the ground, waiting for assistance from the rescue team, while another victim, identified as 18-year-old Mr. Patsakorn, was tragically found dead in the middle of the road. The injured individuals were provided first aid on-site before being rushed to the nearest hospital for urgent medical treatment.

According to statements from the group of friends, six of them had been riding motorcycles together, returning from a trip to the seaside in Sattahip. While on their way back, the deceased lost control of his motorcycle, causing it to crash. The sudden impact triggered a chain reaction, resulting in multiple motorcycles colliding and skidding across the road.

Police are continuing their investigation into the exact cause of the accident, but preliminary reports suggest high speed was the key factor contributing to this incident.

he road.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-07

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

My pity is very limited to be honest. 

• Like 1

Found a Channel 7 and a Pattaya News article (on Line).

Seems it was 6 "kids" (late teens) all on "scooters". Not a motorcycle club and not "crotch rockets".

But - one story says they'd gone to drop off a friend in Huay Yai and were riding home to Bo Win, while the other articles says they'd gone to Sattahip to "visit the sea".

So yeah, probably had a few beers too many and were racing on the highway on the way home. One guy does something stupid and 4 guys end up crashing.

It’s just the way so many ride here… it’s so moronic…

Just this morning I was turning left (on my motorcycle), car in front turning left. Both of us indicating 

I was on blind it the left rear wheel of the car & protecting my position on the inside. 

Whooosh… a bike speeds past on the left through an impossibly small gap & surprises the shyte out of me…  felt his body brush past & the wind off him as he squeezed through…

… made me so angry that he could have knocked me off…. Felt like chasing him down but Thad be silly & I’m not one of the hard men posting on the ‘can you defend yourself’ thread…

Edited by richard_smith237