Does this pension amount sound about right?

I have an income of $18,000 pa, from super, no other income, not even bank interest as all my money has been transferred to Thailand, so Centrelink has no idea as to how much is in the bank here. I get $1356.00 a month as an aged pension from Centrelink, does that sound right?

On 9/7/2024 at 1:38 PM, giddyup said:

I have an income of $18,000 pa, from super, no other income, not even bank interest as all my money has been transferred to Thailand, so Centrelink has no idea as to how much is in the bank here. I get $1356.00 a month as an aged pension from Centrelink, does that sound right?

Can Centrelink search / discover that you have a super income? They have access to a lot of information.

28 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Can Centrelink search / discover that you have a super income? They have access to a lot of information.

28 minutes ago, scorecard said:

They did mine. If you don't disclose that info you'll have to repay all you've been overpaid.

On 9/10/2024 at 7:49 AM, scorecard said:

Yes - they get details given to them by the ATO who measures and monitors all Super Funds for income tax purposes.

Plus they can request the Super Fund provide them full details if they are checking on someone.

• Thumbs Up 1