Are you HAPPY to be ALIVE?

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Do what you like to do, live where you want to live, stay away from toxic people, eat what you like to eat.

I pretty much do all that anyway. I don't get what I really want though, and I'd pretty much do anything to get that, except hurt someone or end up in jail.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I pretty much do all that anyway. I don't get what I really want though, and I'd pretty much do anything to get that, except hurt someone or end up in jail.

Most people don't get all they really want, and those that do sometimes don't appreciate all they have. If you get what you need, and some of what you want, you're ahead of many people here.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

But you still acquiesced with the tax you did pay.

It's not possible to never acquiesce IMO.

As I stated, govt & legal thing, hard to get around if they have the information.  I've avoided more than I paid (taxes) by not offering information.

When I was getting Soc Sec (disability), at court, judge asked if I was incarcerated ... :cheesy:

I'm like  ... "What ?"

He pointed out I had 6 years of 'no income' ... "self employed your honor, it's was hard economic times.  Good thing wife or gf was employed" :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Most people don't get all they really want, and those that do sometimes don't appreciate all they have. If you get what you need, and some of what you want, you're ahead of many people here.

I classify myself as having everything that I need and almost nothing of what I want.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I classify myself as having everything that I need and almost nothing of what I want.

That sucks, though nice having what you need.  I have both, thankfully, grateful and appreciative of both, though worked for it.   

Actually can't think of what to spend money on, unless going really frivolous, and it's not in my thrifty nature.   I buy enough silly expensive stuff, really can't think of what else to get.  It's a good place to be.   Always had enough, even though a few times, just barely enough, but this is different, and very nice.

Good for the wife, even though thrifty herself, spends a bit on her smile.  The damn kid, too independent for me to buy her stuff.  Tried a couple times and she said, nope, she'd buy, as like paying her own way.  Love & hate that about her.   Wife's retirement & our oops fund has grown quite a bit, since kid graduated Uni.

Edited by KhunLA

52 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As I stated, govt & legal thing, hard to get around if they have the information.  I've avoided more than I paid (taxes) by not offering information.

When I was getting Soc Sec (disability), at court, judge asked if I was incarcerated ... :cheesy:

I'm like  ... "What ?"

He pointed out I had 6 years of 'no income' ... "self employed your honor, it's was hard economic times.  Good thing wife or gf was employed" :coffee1:

So you sat at home for 6 years?

On a disability pension I presume ?

Workers compensation or private disability ?

Probably hurt your back at work right , 

So your proud taxpayers funded your 6 years "holiday"?

And obviously you didn't declare your "wife or Gf " was employed ?

Unbelievable and here I am forced to work like a slave funding people thru my taxes !!!

Edited by georgegeorgia

32 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

So your proud taxpayers funded your 6 years?

Unbelievable and here I am forced to work like a slave funding people thru my taxes !!!

Don't know how you read all that in one statement of mine.  Been working since about age 12 fairly non stop.   Till 45, when I no longer needed to work, due to my investments over the years in RE, and the market.

Work smarter ... not harder :coffee1:

Makes for 'Happy to be Alive' ... On Topic of course.

Live with your choices, as everyone has options, and the same opportunity.  

I actually produced as much income after retiring, in the market, than my total income from salaried jobs.   Means 2 things, did well in the market, and didn't make much from salaried jobs ... :cheesy:

I paid more taxes in one year after retirement, than my best year of salaried job ($75k vs $50k).  Why I tired of investing, if govt going to take 37-40%, well, try to, when I'm taking all the risk.   I have enough, and no desire to pay for their wars or support their tyranny. 

Wife and or gf paid their own taxes, right out of their paycheck.   I simply didn't declare my income.  You actually think I mooched off people for 6 yrs :cheesy:

I ain't that handsome, or know anyone that dumb :coffee1:

Not declaring income is different from not producing.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

What is defined toxic people?

People that talk behind your back. Belittle you in private and act nice in public. Control what you do. Prejudiced, racist, misogynistic, abusive, cheaters. Alpha males that think they are better than others when they actually do less work. Politicians that promise everything but produce little, just for power and votes. Liars, dishonest people you cannot trust. Those that feel the need to brag about what they have even though many have gotten it by raping the earth, throwing people out in the streets, swindling and scamming to get ahead, over prescribing drugs instead of looking for a safer way to treat. Users of women and those who hurt animals just for power and control.

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Probably hurt your back at work right , 

So your proud taxpayers funded your 6 years "holiday"?

People legitimately on disability have a real excuse. They can't work but still need to live. Those who have worked all their lives deserve a pension because of the production they've put in and those that are on Social Security gave their money weekly to the government to use, and got this, their own money back, when they retired. Everyone pays taxes in developed countries. It's how things get built and repaired.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Being dead isn't the problem- it's how one gets dead that is the problem.

Always happy kicking ain't you.

If you spent as much time thinking happy thoughts instead of cultivate negativity you might had a different experience and view on things in life. 

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Hmmm.......not sure in this case.

Every time someone have a little positive outlook on life and things, negativity and chronic negative people are not far away.

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That sucks, though nice having what you need.  I have both, thankfully, grateful and appreciative of both, though worked for it.   

Actually can't think of what to spend money on, unless going really frivolous, and it's not in my thrifty nature.   I buy enough silly expensive stuff, really can't think of what else to get.  It's a good place to be.   Always had enough, even though a few times, just barely enough, but this is different, and very nice.

Good for the wife, even though thrifty herself, spends a bit on her smile.  The damn kid, too independent for me to buy her stuff.  Tried a couple times and she said, nope, she'd buy, as like paying her own way.  Love & hate that about her.   Wife's retirement & our oops fund has grown quite a bit, since kid graduated Uni.

You can never have enough put by for emergencies.

My hobby is Japanese anime, and as an anime DVD costs 3 times the price of an ordinary DVD, it's an expensive hobby. Obviously as a pensioner I'm limited as to how much I buy, but as there are thousands of anime movies and series out there, if I ever win big on Lotto, I'm going to buy enough to fill a warehouse, and I'll have my own private cinema to watch them in. I might even move to Japan where I can hire an AV actress to provide my drinks service.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Every time someone have a little positive outlook on life and things, negativity and chronic negative people are not far away.

You need to stop worrying about what anonymous posters say on here. Worry only about your own positive outlook. I bought a book at the Op Shop today for $1- it has a positive saying to start every day. Start the day right and the rest will follow.

OR

put all the negative posters on ignore.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You need to stop worrying about what anonymous posters say on here. Worry only about your own positive outlook. I bought a book at the Op Shop today for $1- it has a positive saying to start every day. Start the day right and the rest will follow.

OR

Eat the foods you like daily

Regular showers

Good sleep

Put the 20 worst posters on ignore

Sun daily

Magnesium supplements

Exercise

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

OR

A big mistake to go here and have my coffe in the morning 😄

37 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Regular showers

Good sleep

Put the 20 worst posters on ignore

Sun daily

Magnesium supplements

Exercise

Magnesium daily ,you think so?

I take zinc now 

As for the Sun 🌞 I'm scared of getting Skin Cancer, I go to the doctor weekly to get checked 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Always happy kicking ain't you.

If you spent as much time thinking happy thoughts instead of cultivate negativity you might had a different experience and view on things in life. 

Yes.

This Topic was SUPPOSED TO BE a Happy Topic.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

This Topic was SUPPOSED TO BE a Happy Topic.

We posters are an unhappy lot though, so it was doomed before you posted it.

Misery loves company.

In Saudi my only good days were with a friend moaning about the place, and it's such a <deleted><deleted> that we never ran out of things to moan about.

The ONLY thing I miss about it was the money, which was great. All gone now though.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We posters are an unhappy lot though, so it was doomed before you posted it.

Misery loves company.

In Saudi my only good days were with a friend moaning about the place, and it's such a <deleted><deleted> that we never ran out of things to moan about.

The ONLY thing I miss about it was the money, which was great. All gone now though.

Most of my good days were in Thailand on a bike or car.

On 9/8/2024 at 6:06 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:
On 9/8/2024 at 5:57 AM, georgegeorgia said:

This is the third time you talk about buying "toys" such as motorbikes etc 

Not everyone is into that , wouldn't matter if I retired with a million dollars tommrrw I don't want cars motorbikes ,red Nike shoes ,man bags or any of that !

I WANT to be in here instead 🤣

Yes, I understand, don't take it personally. 

You have property in Sydney, I was born in Sydney and bought a few houses over the decades, you are Asset rich,richer than most here.

I'm just saying nagging, annoying people, people that go out of their way looking for conflict, I would say are bored people, need a hobby to get away from the keyboard

I remember growing up in Sydney, going to Parramatta slot car track, Hoyts and Roxy cinemas with my gf, Canterbury ice skating rink, Fairfield and Sefton roller skating, playing rugby league for Guildford leagues club, soccer for Guildford Wanderers.

My School sports were, ten pin bowling, waterpolo and golf, Australia 🇦🇺, the best country on earth for the youth. 

It's probably why most Aussies are happy people, not living here in misery, we enjoy our life, we rarely complain about this and that, we have had the best upbringing, happy days 👍

It's so sad to read the negativity, the Thai bashers, constantly moaning. I remember at school or playing rugby league, if the annoying guy, the pest, the antagonizer came up to you and started mouthing off, you'd give him a punch in the mouth and that would be the end, he was taught a lesson. 

Sadly, too often these annoying warriors who sit being their keyboards mouthing off, they know they can't be touched, tough guys, 😂

I'm Happy to be alive 👌

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All of my good days in Thailand were on a lovely beach ( before it got ruined with too many tourists ) with a pleasant companion.

Maybe time for you to head for the beaches in Patagonia.

Far fewer Farang tourists there.

On 9/9/2024 at 7:12 PM, maesariang said:

I eat whatever I like at the time. Why only this afternoon I ate gingernuts with my coffee instead of shortbread. It's great living alone as I can do almost whatever I like, and no one bitches about it.

Thailand was better though as I could have whomever I liked to wake up with in the morning. That isn't even a possibility in this country.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I eat whatever I like at the time. Why only this afternoon I ate gingernuts with my coffee instead of shortbread. It's great living alone as I can do almost whatever I like, and no one bitches about it.

Thailand was better though as I could have whomever I liked to wake up with in the morning. That isn't even a possibility in this country.

Doesn't the NZ Government pay old age pension overseas like Australia does???