Frenchman arrested in Krabi for eight-year visa overstay

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Now it´s only money, and you can´t take it with you. It was you that mentioned it. Why if make it unimportant in your next post? Only that shows how insecure you are, by turning as the wind blows. You know, a funny thing with money, is that you can take them with you and use them until you are dead. So, also there a flaw in your chase for the last straw to hand on to, as I can not read about anybody that died in the OP.

Regarding culture and religion/beliefs. Are you unable to respect that without participate? There is nowhere it stands in any law or regulation, that it´s not allowed to drink during Buddhist holidays. If you look, you will see around 20-30% of all people celebrating the holidays walking and dancing to the temple and drinking at the same time. In fact, there are mostly only 7 Eleven, other franchises as well as mini marts, supermarkets and the restaurant, bar, hotel and entertainment businesses that stop sell, as most of the mom and pop shops in every street will sell to you. And, again! If I buy a box of beer the day before, there are no laws or regulations that say I can not drink during the holidays. Also, not many Thais will even lift and eyebrow or think I am doing something wrong.

Yes, I have done wrong. Not so much in the areas you mentioned, though. However, I have probably skipped the helmet once in a while. There are probably other things as well. However, I find it hard to compare that to be equal with an over 3000 days overstay. That is a person who do not care about anything, not himself, not the people he might live with and not any children if have. I actually feel very sorry for his children is he have any, as they do not deserve such moron as a father.

Now when you know all this, you can take you beliefs and put up you military place very the sun don´t shine. In other word, you can believe what you want, and I don´t care. Now I will take a couple of beers. You will probably think that is wrong but, yet again, can´t care less. I am happy, my wife is happy, my children are happy and their grandparents are happy. The whole big family is happy. The big question: Are YOU happy?

WOW! you're right. You don't have a life,do you!

Why such a small event attracted 6 pages of "shared opinions and words of wisdom"?

We all aware that there're somewhere farangs with 5-digits overstays, that Immigration police doesn't do their job properly yet punishment for overstay is harsh. 

Yes they come from different places, not only from Bangladesh or UK, but France and Turkey too.

Seriously - was it newsworthy? 

6 PAGES, KARL!

18 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Why such a small event attracted 6 pages of "shared opinions and words of wisdom"?

We all aware that there're somewhere farangs with 5-digits overstays, that Immigration police doesn't do their job properly yet punishment for overstay is harsh. 

Yes they come from different places, not only from Bangladesh or UK, but France and Turkey too.

Seriously - was it newsworthy? 

6 PAGES, KARL!

What started most of the comments was someone saying he didn't believe in borders, ie everybody should just have free access and entry to everywhere.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

What started most of the comments was someone saying he didn't believe in borders, ie everybody should just have free access and entry to everywhere.

Indeed!

The rules of the land are something all visitors should to obey. But ... 

"them" have to enforce those, otherwise it is "don't smoke in the toilet" <<< nobody cares.

One very nice Irish fellow who's making gazzilions of money by "helping" young thai ladies in their webcam business told me - "I'm too lazy to do those visa things". He pays local BiB some monthly fee and if question arises he simply pass the phone. 

I think if you don't have connections and spare money to spend - don't do long overstay, IDC is not as pleasant as it might seem. 

On 9/9/2024 at 7:00 PM, Gottfrid said:

Good Job! Now Bye bye!

On 9/10/2024 at 11:19 AM, Gottfrid said:

Hmmm...

Not going to bars. Not driving drunk, and always wear a helmet. Buddhist holidays does not concern me. Have enough money for my visa, so no need any agent.

What more will you come up with, or were you just reflecting your own situation?

"Hmmm" 

The Sanctiomonius is thinking again...

On 9/10/2024 at 9:59 PM, Gottfrid said:

Not to worry! The poor guy only practice to become a preacher. 

Are you feeling challenged?

About money, preaching, happiness?

On 9/11/2024 at 10:39 AM, Gottfrid said:

Now it´s only money, and you can´t take it with you. It was you that mentioned it. Why if make it unimportant in your next post? Only that shows how insecure you are, by turning as the wind blows. You know, a funny thing with money, is that you can take them with you and use them until you are dead. So, also there a flaw in your chase for the last straw to hand on to, as I can not read about anybody that died in the OP.

Regarding culture and religion/beliefs. Are you unable to respect that without participate? There is nowhere it stands in any law or regulation, that it´s not allowed to drink during Buddhist holidays. If you look, you will see around 20-30% of all people celebrating the holidays walking and dancing to the temple and drinking at the same time. In fact, there are mostly only 7 Eleven, other franchises as well as mini marts, supermarkets and the restaurant, bar, hotel and entertainment businesses that stop sell, as most of the mom and pop shops in every street will sell to you. And, again! If I buy a box of beer the day before, there are no laws or regulations that say I can not drink during the holidays. Also, not many Thais will even lift and eyebrow or think I am doing something wrong.

Yes, I have done wrong. Not so much in the areas you mentioned, though. However, I have probably skipped the helmet once in a while. There are probably other things as well. However, I find it hard to compare that to be equal with an over 3000 days overstay. That is a person who do not care about anything, not himself, not the people he might live with and not any children if have. I actually feel very sorry for his children is he have any, as they do not deserve such moron as a father.

Now when you know all this, you can take you beliefs and put up you military place very the sun don´t shine. In other word, you can believe what you want, and I don´t care. Now I will take a couple of beers. You will probably think that is wrong but, yet again, can´t care less. I am happy, my wife is happy, my children are happy and their grandparents are happy. The whole big family is happy. The big question: Are YOU happy?

Talking about "preaching?

Read your long winding, lecturing BS once again!

You have a "smart" philosophy about money, but you don't even understand the difference between

"to respect" and "to accept".

Very common for self-entitled, ignorant hypocrites.

Aka the denouncing of

"Mom and Pop" shops, "Temple-boozers" and the "moral" speculation about the family relationships of the delinquent.

Only examples that describe the shape of your disgusting, self-righteous character while referring to the "poorness"

(material or intellectual) of other commentators.

Did you drive a motorbike without a helmet?

Wow. Another tolerated "Alien", disobeying the law again!

But only exceptionally, and also not in the "bad guy" area, right?

Also not get caught! Lol.

Maybe that's the reason why you sleep well, and your clan is so "happy".

Not at all, a position for the arrogant

"big question" about the happiness of any others.

People like you must be confronted with their own parameters (which you are continuously polluting into the forum) when their own, even "only once?" mistake occurs.

"Jailtime, kicking out, banning", and so on.

Clapping hands on yourself?!

This would be the only experience, that might would have an impact on this pathetic state of mind.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

"Hmmm" 

The Sanctiomonius is thinking again...

Are you feeling challenged?

About money, preaching, happiness?

Talking about "preaching?

Read your long winding, lecturing BS once again!

You have a "smart" philosophy about money, but you don't even understand the difference between

"to respect" and "to accept".

Very common for self-entitled, ignorant hypocrites.

Aka the denouncing of

"Mom and Pop" shops, "Temple-boozers" and the "moral" speculation about the family relationships of the delinquent.

Only examples that describe the shape of your disgusting, self-righteous character while referring to the "poorness"

(material or intellectual) of other commentators.

Did you drive a motorbike without a helmet?

Wow. Another tolerated "Alien", disobeying the law again!

But only exceptionally, and also not in the "bad guy" area, right?

Also not get caught! Lol.

Maybe that's the reason why you sleep well, and your clan is so "happy".

Not at all, a position for the arrogant

"big question" about the happiness of any others.

People like you must be confronted with their own parameters (which you are continuously polluting into the forum) when their own, even "only once?" mistake occurs.

"Jailtime, kicking out, banning", and so on.

Clapping hands on yourself?!

This would be the only experience, that might would have an impact on this pathetic state of mind.

All I can say, is that you talk about preaching BS, and do it yourself. Even more important, you are wrong in absolutely all you wrote. 

Just take two examples. Caught regarding helmet, costs 300 baht. Would my family be happy out of the reason I did not have to pay? Are you serious? That´s like directly out of the asylum.

After that, what parameters? I guy was all aware of it, and pushed his stay to over 3000 days without a permit. That´s stupidity talking. Also your new asylum brother. Have fun. Maybe you get to share room.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

All I can say, is that you talk about preaching BS, and do it yourself. Even more important, you are wrong in absolutely all you wrote. 

Just take two examples. Caught regarding helmet, costs 300 baht. Would my family be happy out of the reason I did not have to pay? Are you serious? That´s like directly out of the asylum.

After that, what parameters? I guy was all aware of it, and pushed his stay to over 3000 days without a permit. That´s stupidity talking. Also your new asylum brother. Have fun. Maybe you get to share room.

Let it be!

You don't get it anyway.

It's not about "Asylum brothers",

or "room sharing". A free hint:

Read the last two paragraphs again. Karma can hit also the sanctimonious without overstaying.

1 hour ago, Maitdjai said:

Let it be!

You don't get it anyway.

It's not about "Asylum brothers",

or "room sharing". A free hint:

Read the last two paragraphs again. Karma can hit also the sanctimonious without overstaying.

So, next time you will charge me. Then karma comes to you my dear fellow foreigner. You will be working as a consultant giving people advice. You will be deported! 🤣

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You said, this on free. I thought you were charging next time. Having hard keeping up with what you post?

I'd write "A" free hint (singular).

Again, you're "thinking" too much.

Let it be in public.

Hmmm? 

Edited by Maitdjai

10 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

I'd write "A" free hint (singular).

Again, you're "thinking" too much.

Let it be in public.

Hmmm? 

Oh, dear! Are you finished. You are truly boring me to death.

The guy was on overstay for more then 3 years when they caught him. There is nothing about forget or tried to do, but could not. He has managed to stay in Thailand for that long time, but not bothered to take care of his permission to stay. That is stupid and foolish. The man is a dork! End of!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

I swear to God if you don’t get back in your cage, I’m coming home to give you something to cry about.  

Don´t smear God´s name. You should convert to Islam, as they condone threats and violence. 🤣

On the other hand, I am pretty sure, you would stumble on some serious problems to achieve what you just posted.

On 9/10/2024 at 10:47 AM, Patong2021 said:

Nope.  Describing a worker as illegal, is not correct.  There is no such thing as an ‘illegal’ person.  People commit illegal acts,  or the right to  engage in an activity may not be permitted, but in law a person cannot be  'illegal". Objects can be illegal.

A person legally authorized to be in a country can undertake illlegal activity. For example,  in Thailand it is illegal for foreign tourists to sell opium for fun. It is also illegal for foreign tourists to work as a hairdresser. The tourists are legally in Thailand but are engaged in an illegal activity.

An undocumented person is a person who is not legally authorized to be in the country. If that person works, the  work in some states can be considered illegal. If the  state does not have a law excluding the work, the work may not be not be illegal. The person would not qualify for Federal law benefits.

An Undocumented person does not give up protections afforded by state or federal law. For example, it is illegal to  murder or to physically assault undocumented people. An "illegal" object does not enjoy those legal rights. For example, a person who had an illegal weapon could not claim compensation if the  weapon was destroyed in a criminal act or if confiscated by a legal authority.

Thailand doesn't have states.

21 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Indeed!

The rules of the land are something all visitors should to obey. But ... 

"them" have to enforce those, otherwise it is "don't smoke in the toilet" <<< nobody cares.

One very nice Irish fellow who's making gazzilions of money by "helping" young thai ladies in their webcam business told me - "I'm too lazy to do those visa things". He pays local BiB some monthly fee and if question arises he simply pass the phone. 

I think if you don't have connections and spare money to spend - don't do long overstay, IDC is not as pleasant as it might seem. 

I like to sleep at night, too old to have problems playing on my mind. Avoidable ones anyway, don't buy aggravation I was always told.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh, dear! Are you finished. You are truly boring me to death.

The guy was on overstay for more then 3 years when they caught him. There is nothing about forget or tried to do, but could not. He has managed to stay in Thailand for that long time, but not bothered to take care of his permission to stay. That is stupid and foolish. The man is a dork! End of!

Your famous last words?

I told you already, that you don't get it.

People with a nail in one foot,

can move only in circles.

Edited by Maitdjai

10 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Not necessarily! Only if the nail is connected to a surface that can´t be moved.

Yes, sure. I thought you were already bored to death.

But you're playing the "scientist"-card now...

Respect!

Edited by Maitdjai

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Thailand doesn't have states.

The OP was referring to the USA in his/her OP statement. I used the term state in respect to the applicable  law. We are all aware that  Thailand has 77 provinces (Changwats).   However, a state also  refers to the grouping of a population into a defined (by borders) territory where the defined area is sovereign, i.e. a nation.

On 9/10/2024 at 5:37 AM, SmokeandIce said:

If a newly arrived immigrant who often does not speak the same language and most likely no college degree can steal your job, then what type of Job did you have ?

That comment is an insult from a snob to the good hardworking folks in our society that perform manual labour jobs like road works, bus & truck drivers, construction workers, council workers, gardeners, garbage collectors cleaners etc etc so get off your high horse and get a dose of reality ...

On 9/13/2024 at 9:59 AM, Maitdjai said:

Your famous last words?

I told you already, that you don't get it.

People with a nail in one foot,

can move only in circles.

On 9/13/2024 at 10:04 AM, Gottfrid said:

Not necessarily! Only if the nail is connected to a surface that can´t be moved.

17 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I don´t need your respect, only you admitting you post before you think.

You don't understand irony;

no wonder.

I couldn't care less about what you "need".

Others do, lol.

To whatever surface you're foot is "connected"...

Walk on.

4 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

You don't understand irony;

no wonder.

I couldn't care less about what you "need".

Others do, lol.

To whatever surface you're foot is "connected"...

Walk on.

If you do not feel happy where you are, don´t tell others to move on. Walk away yourself.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

If you do not feel happy where you are, don´t tell others to move on. Walk away yourself.

I correct myself. To whatever surface the nail in your foot is connected.

Maybe this makes it clearer...

It's just a Metaphor for a certain state of mind.

But, off topic, I like it where I am. And "Overstayers" don't bother me at all.

6 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

I correct myself. To whatever surface the nail in your foot is connected.

Maybe this makes it clearer...

It's just a Metaphor for a certain state of mind.

But, off topic, I like it where I am. And "Overstayers" don't bother me at all.

No, of course they don´t bother you. You might think that rules regulations and changes that makes procedures for getting and renewing permissions to stay are based on something. Do you think overstayers contribute to the negative or the positive?

But, don´t worry about it. It was just a metaphor, as I already know you will do all from not understand to deny everything possible. Now I will take my 4th beer and enjoy the evening.

11 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, of course they don´t bother you. You might think that rules regulations and changes that makes procedures for getting and renewing permissions to stay are based on something. Do you think overstayers contribute to the negative or the positive?

But, don´t worry about it. It was just a metaphor, as I already know you will do all from not understand to deny everything possible. Now I will take my 4th beer and enjoy the evening.

To find overstayers, and judge them is up to the authorities.

To put them on the radar, should be no rocket science in the digital age.

They contribute to nothing.

To stay legal is up to us.

But nothing else. That's it for me.

To have a beer is a good suggestion. Have a nice evening.

26 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

To find overstayers, and judge them is up to the authorities.

To put them on the radar, should be no rocket science in the digital age.

They contribute to nothing.

To stay legal is up to us.

But nothing else. That's it for me.

To have a beer is a good suggestion. Have a nice evening.

You too. Take it easy. I am only here to stir it up. 😉