Trump Harris: Who won the debate ?

CharlieH

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It gets worse. They're not just invading, they're working, too.

Springfield sees influx of 15,000 Haitian immigrants seeking job opportunities

Around 15,000 Haitian immigrants are now living in the Springfield area and, with this dramatic influx in population, many are wondering why they have chosen to live here.

Governor Dewine and the Haitian community say that one of the biggest reasons is job opportunities.

“They are kind of looking for a safe place where they can raise their family and get a job,” says Viles Dorsainvil, President of the Haitian Community Help and Support Center in Springfield. 

https://dayton247now.com/news/local/springfield-sees-influx-of-15000-haitian-immigrants-seeking-job-opportunities

Odd how some demographics can't integrate into the American way of life on their own. There's more to the story I'm sure. 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean moving to get a job and having families isn't compatible with the American way of life?  You have a really low opinion of  Americans.

You know what I mean. My family came to the US in 1950, they didn't feel the need to pick a location to be near folks from same old country. And I get your stance which is just a stance, because much easier to find liberal news outlets to backup your view.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're clearly not familiar with American history. Why is Minnesota full of people of Scandinavian Ancestry? Central Texas with Germans? Boston with Irish? New York with Jews? Southern Florida with Cubans?  It's always been the case that immigrants tend to stick together. They hear of work or opportunity through their communities and move where that work and opportunities are. It's the American Way.

So, you're saying Ohio is now a Haitian stronghold. Guess my family was different. My dad didn't need his countrymen around to succeed and thrive.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, you're saying Ohio is now a Haitian stronghold. Guess my family was different. My dad didn't need his countrymen around to succeed and thrive.

All those weakling immigrants, Italians, Germans, Irish, Jews, Scandinavians, Hmong...all of them not a patch on your Dad. I guess America would have been better off without them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

All those weakling immigrants, Italians, Germans, Irish, Jews, Scandinavians, Hmong...all of them not a patch on your Dad. I guess America would have been better off without them.

You're pretty much correct concerning my father and my mother.

These different groups came to America at a different time in America's history. It's disingenuous to make a comparison. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

It is the moderator's obligation to point out factually incorrect information. The rules were straightforward. The two seated moderators were the only people asking questions. Moderators will ensure a civilized discussion. Insisting that immigrants were eating the cats, dogs, pets of Springfield despite there being no evidence to support the claim  was not civilized. It was inflammatory and hateful.

That is your subjective opinion. It is not evidence of an intentional lie as was the case with Trump.

Your comments are consistently Pro Putin, Pro Trump.

The Democrat Party candidate was selected by a vote of the delegates at the Democrat convention. President Biden had not been selected as the Democrat party candidate.  Are you denying that there was a vote? Prior to the Biden withdrawal, the 2 people running were office were Biden and Harris.  If people were opposed to Harris as the VP, they did not have to support the Biden ticket which included Harris.

What is the lie about abortion?

That is your subjective opinion which you keep regurgitating. We get it. You are opposed to VP Harris. You are opposed to support for Ukraine.You support Putin. We get it. No need to keep repeating.

There was no invasion and there are not 20,000. Springfield is a city, not a town.

How many times does it need to be repeated, that the city and county was dying as younger people, and entry workers fled the city and the county. The city, county and state were desperately trying to get people to come. The city once had a population of close to 71,000. Over the past 30 years, it slowly lost people. The city population is now approx 58,000. If the immigrant population is 12,000-15,000 it means that the city would have had a population of 43,000-46,000. Cities that lose populations like this die.   Instead, the influx of immigrants  provides economic life and a future tax base. More importantly, it doesn't stress housing. One of the biggest problems in the USA is affordable housing and Springfield was filled with vacant residential properties. The influx of immigrants will save the city.

Total tripe. Anyone could see the supposed "moderators" ambushed only one candidate with their "fact checking". It was a clear effort to favour Harris and they took sides. Everybody could see it.

Anyone who claims otherwise has not watched the debate or is taking the mick, or even worse.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

It is the moderator's obligation to point out factually incorrect information. The rules were straightforward. The two seated moderators were the only people asking questions. Moderators will ensure a civilized discussion. Insisting that immigrants were eating the cats, dogs, pets of Springfield despite there being no evidence to support the claim  was not civilized. It was inflammatory and hateful.

That is your subjective opinion. It is not evidence of an intentional lie as was the case with Trump.

Your comments are consistently Pro Putin, Pro Trump.

The Democrat Party candidate was selected by a vote of the delegates at the Democrat convention. President Biden had not been selected as the Democrat party candidate.  Are you denying that there was a vote? Prior to the Biden withdrawal, the 2 people running were office were Biden and Harris.  If people were opposed to Harris as the VP, they did not have to support the Biden ticket which included Harris.

What is the lie about abortion?

That is your subjective opinion which you keep regurgitating. We get it. You are opposed to VP Harris. You are opposed to support for Ukraine.You support Putin. We get it. No need to keep repeating.

There was no invasion and there are not 20,000. Springfield is a city, not a town.

How many times does it need to be repeated, that the city and county was dying as younger people, and entry workers fled the city and the county. The city, county and state were desperately trying to get people to come. The city once had a population of close to 71,000. Over the past 30 years, it slowly lost people. The city population is now approx 58,000. If the immigrant population is 12,000-15,000 it means that the city would have had a population of 43,000-46,000. Cities that lose populations like this die.   Instead, the influx of immigrants  provides economic life and a future tax base. More importantly, it doesn't stress housing. One of the biggest problems in the USA is affordable housing and Springfield was filled with vacant residential properties. The influx of immigrants will save the city.

No. The Haitians will turn it into a slum, much the same as what they left behind.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

An issue trump missed. He fell for her traps, time after time and had nothing to offer himself.

Exactly, which is why I said it was a mistake for Trump to play her game on an enemy station ( with an obviously biased moderator that was prepared to offer her support during the debate ).

If he does decide to do another, the  rules should require the moderators to not say anything other than ask the questions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Maybe the nature of the candidates where one speaks without facts, and another who is a scholar knows better between  facts fiction and pure lies. 

Which has nothing to do with the moderators. That's up to the opposing candidate to point out. The debate was not supposed to be 3 to 1.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, steevjee said:

I get it, watching Biden losing was enthralling for you but then watching Trump get thumped was kinda boring huh!

That would only apply had Trump been thumped. It was like being savaged by a small and very annoying puppy.

Had Trump actually been thumped I'd have watched it instead of just listening while doing something more useful, like cleaning my wardrobe.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Can you understand the concept that Trump lied a lot more than Kamala Harris?

Or are you opposed to fact checking in general? Do you think it's okay for candidates to lie without correction?

That is not the moderators job. No one is saying that fact checking should not happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1