Elon Musk May Be Summoned to UK Parliament Over Role of X

Social Media

5 hours ago, SportRider said:

I would rather he attends, and humiliates their stupidity. 

I just wonder if they would pull a France! Arrest him on arrival for his supposed hate tweet on X and an idiot minister saying Musk should be extradited to the UK. LOL. It seems now any country in the west can threaten someone from another country to arrest them for wrong speech! Yet the US don't extradite citizens for such minor matters. They too probably wish they could control Musk. LOL.  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, diceman said:
7 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Good! Lock him up! :mad:

why? communist playbook 101, lock up everyone you don't agree with. 

I wouldn't suggest that everyone I don't agree with should be locked up, but those like Musk and Trump definitely should be.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, diceman said:

why? communist playbook 101, lock up everyone you don't agree with. 

Whose playbook?

Donald Trump has indicated that if he wins the presidency in 2024, he may pursue the imprisonment of political opponents. He claims he would have "no choice" but to take such actions, as he argues that his opponents have already weaponized the justice system against him. Trump has suggested that figures like election officials, political operatives, and those involved in prosecuting him could face long prison sentences under his administration [oai_citation:2,Trump Says He’d Have ‘No Choice’ But to Lock Up Political Opponents if He Wins in 2024 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If he shows, he’ll not arrive via Paris.

Probably a wise decision.

Most of the Parisians have returned from their summer break. Paris is much better visited in July and August when the Parisians aren't there😉

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:
1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

I wouldn't suggest that everyone I don't agree with should be locked up, but those like Musk and Trump definitely should be.

What about Zionists , should they be locked up as well ?

Yes, they would definitely be on my list, as would the leaders of Hamas. 

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Did you read the article ?

Musk as been invited to the UK Parliament to explain how algorithms  works , he isn't being put on trial .

They do not have trials in the UK Parliament  , trials are in the Courts 

I did not read the article, but I understand that Musk will be there to explain things, not to be on trial. They want him to explain things because they (some of the UK Parliament) are worried about the algorithm's results and how they are being used. 

OMG......from one of  his own kids.....re: Taylor Swift comment

I don’t really have anything to add to it, it’s just abhorrent,” she said. “I would just like to say to my audience members, don’t let people talk to you like that. It’s disgusting, it’s belittling and incredibly sexist. You deserve better.”

I swear, every week it’s something new with this guy. If I was a billionaire, you’d never hear from me again. I’d be chilling out in my life-sized replica of Optimus Prime and I’d never touch a device with a Wi-Fi connection ever again (the Transformer would be steam-powered).

Not Mr “Real-life Tony Stark”, though. Musk is so chronically online – so transparently needy – that he’d rather have the approval of his legion of anonymous 13-year-old trolls than his own child. But then, who can blame him? Who among us hasn’t betrayed our own kin so we can spend our lives making unfunny memes on an irrelevant website? It’s Shakespearean, in its way.

With his comments on Taylor Swift, Elon Musk has reached a weird new low - https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/elon-musk-taylor-swift-baby-tweet-daughter-b2611575.html

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, WDSmart said:

I did not read the article, but I understand that Musk will be there to explain things, not to be on trial. They want him to explain things because they (some of the UK Parliament) are worried about the algorithm's results and how they are being used. 

Musk won't step foot in the UK whilst this government is in charge as he is fully aware of white people being imprisoned for mean tweets and hurty words in the UK and it would be a needless risk to take.  

The UK government are a laughing stock around the world.  Nobody, especially not Musk, will take their requests seriously.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Musk won't step foot in the UK whilst this government is in charge as he is fully aware of white people being imprisoned for mean tweets and hurty words in the UK and it would be a needless risk to take.  

The UK government are a laughing stock around the world.  Nobody, especially not Musk, will take their requests seriously.  

Couldn't agree more.....why can't people make false accusations, racist statements and incite people to commit crimes.....you have to wonder what is the world coming to????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, they would definitely be on my list, as would the leaders of Hamas. 

That would be unfair though, if you were you jail ALL Zionists , then you would have to also jail all those who believe in a Palestinian  state .

All the people calling for a Palestinian state would need to be jailed , if you were to jail Zionists , if you wanted to be fair .

Like for like 

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That would be unfair though, if you were you jail ALL Zionists , then you would have to also jail all those who believe in a Palestinian  state .

All the people calling for a Palestinian state would need to be jailed , if you were to jail Zionists , if you wanted to be fair .

Like for like 

My definition of "Zionist" is someone who wants to make all of the area that used to be called "Palestine" into an exclusively Jewish state, and to do so would require the expelling (or at least denying citizenship) of all Arabs who claim to be Palestinians.

My definition of "Hamas" is someone who wants to make all of the area that used to be called "Palestine" into an exclusively Arab Muslim state, and to do so would require the expelling (or at least denying citizenship) of all Jews who claim to be Israelis.

In other words, I believe neither Zionists nor Hamas want a two-state solution. They both want it all for themselves.

Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail, and eventually, a two-state solution will be agreed upon, but right now, that looks very unlikely.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

My definition of "Zionist" is someone who wants to make all of the area that used to be called "Palestine" into an exclusively Jewish state, and to do so would require the expelling (or at least denying citizenship) of all Arabs who claim to be Palestinians.

My definition of "Hamas" is someone who wants to make all of the area that used to be called "Palestine" into an exclusively Arab Muslim state, and to do so would require the expelling (or at least denying citizenship) of all Jews who claim to be Israelis.

In other words, I believe neither Zionists nor Hamas want a two-state solution. They both want it all for themselves.

Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail, and eventually, a two-state solution will be agreed upon, but right now, that looks very unlikely.

You are wrong about your definitions . 

But you are welcome to make your own meanings of words up if you want , no one will stop you from doing that .

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2024 at 8:48 AM, Will B Good said:

Whose playbook?

Donald Trump has indicated that if he wins the presidency in 2024, he may pursue the imprisonment of political opponents. He claims he would have "no choice" but to take such actions, as he argues that his opponents have already weaponized the justice system against him. Trump has suggested that figures like election officials, political operatives, and those involved in prosecuting him could face long prison sentences under his administration [oai_citation:2,Trump Says He’d Have ‘No Choice’ But to Lock Up Political Opponents if He Wins in 2024 

so you ignore everything the Dems have done to Trump. no surprise there. 

• Confused 2

On 9/12/2024 at 3:37 AM, Social Media said:

Elon Musk, the billionaire owner of social media platform X, could soon be asked to testify before the UK parliament about the platform’s operations. Dawn Butler, a Labour politician and a leading candidate to chair the House of Commons science and technology select committee, revealed plans to invite Musk to provide evidence, highlighting the growing scrutiny of social media giants.

Delusions of grandeur from her , who does she think that she is ?

Musk will probably just ignore the invitation , she can find out the info by doing some research herself .

She becomes the Government and suddenly thinks she can summon people from abroad to come and talk to her . 

Like Queen Victoria summoning Christopher Columbus to come and inform her how his exploring is coming along 

Everything is a battle, every step of the way” for MP Dawn Butler - Make it  Plain Editorial Wing of Harambee OBU

• Confused 2

On 9/13/2024 at 2:30 PM, WDSmart said:

If Hamas laid down their weapons there would be peace. 

If Israelis laid down their weapons there would be real genocide. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SportRider said:

If Hamas laid down their weapons there would be peace. 

If Israelis laid down their weapons there would be real genocide. 

If Hamas laid down their weapons and returned the hostages, there would continue to be genocide of the Palestinians by the Israelis.

If Israelis laid down their weapons, Hamas would return all the hostages, and both sides' allies would enforce negotiations for a two-state solution. The talks would eventually fail, and then there would continue to be attempts at genocide from both sides.

This conflict will never end. 

On 9/15/2024 at 4:24 AM, WDSmart said:

If Hamas laid down their weapons and returned the hostages, there would continue to be genocide of the Palestinians by the Israelis.

If Israelis laid down their weapons, Hamas would return all the hostages, and both sides' allies would enforce negotiations for a two-state solution. The talks would eventually fail, and then there would continue to be attempts at genocide from both sides.

This conflict will never end. 

If Israel laid down their weapons, Hamas would murder every Israeli citizen. To say the opposite is true is misinformed, bordering on delusional. 

5 minutes ago, diceman said:

If Israel laid down their weapons, Hamas would murder every Israeli citizen. To say the opposite is true is misinformed, bordering on delusional. 

The "laid down their weapons" refers to the proposed "ceasefire" in Gaza, not that either side would give up all its armor or soldiers. But I do agree that if Hamas could do it, they would drive every Jew out of the area that used to be called Palestine. Just as I believe if the Zionists have their way, they'd go that to the Palestinian Arab Muslims. This conflict will continue as long as there is not a two-state solution, and that would have to be forced upon both sides by their allies.

As I wrote before, I don't think that's likely, so I think this conflict will go on for a long, long time...

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, diceman said:
On 9/14/2024 at 7:09 PM, Will B Good said:

Oh you mean the independent judiciary.......the same ones prosecuting Hunter Biden...????? 

independent. sure. ok. and HB is a fine upstanding citizen. poor man is just misunderstood. 

The last I saw, Hunter Biden was convicted of all the charges against him. Isn't that a sign of an "independent judiciary"?
Hunter Biden convicted on all 3 charges at federal gun trial | CNN Politics

Edited by WDSmart
  • Thanks 1

The "laid down their weapons" refers to the proposed "ceasefire" in Gaza, not that either side would give up all its armor or soldiers. But I do agree that if Hamas could do it, they would drive every Jew out of the area that used to be called Palestine. Just as I believe if the Zionists have their way, they'd go that to the Palestinian Arab Muslims. This conflict will continue as long as there is not a two-state solution, and that would have to be forced upon both sides by their allies.

As I wrote before, I don't think that's likely, so I think this conflict will go on for a long, long time...

fair enough, that makes more sense than your first post and i agree with you. there literally is no solution other than a forced one, and that wouldn't be the end of anything, just contain it till it flares again.

• Agree 1

The last I saw, Hunter Biden was convicted of all the charges against him. Isn't that a sign of an "independent judiciary"?
Hunter Biden convicted on all 3 charges at federal gun trial | CNN Politics

difference is, Hunter did the crimes and a lot more, and had 3 letter agencies, MSM and WH influence try to bury everything until his crimes couldn't be hidden any more. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2024 at 12:33 PM, mikeymike100 said:
On 9/12/2024 at 8:31 AM, UWEB said:

He is a moron

One of the richest men in the world, innovator, entrepreneur,  and you think he is a moron.....??????:cheesy:

Musk is not a moron. He, I'm sure, is extremely intelligent, but he focuses all his efforts on capitalistic ventures without considering how much most of his companies wreak havoc on society and/or the environment.

If you must use an "m-word," he is a menace
"a person or thing that is likely to cause harm; a threat or danger"  - Online Oxford Language Dictionary

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1