Pre - Paid Credit Card

How can one get hold of a sort of pre-paid credit card? It would be visa or mastercard, and to avoid all the sign up requirement hassles, one would pay in advance of usage...

Any ideas or experiences?

Check out http://www.epassporte.com

I haven't signed up yet, but I'm going to, as CCBill will not accept my SCB Visa Credit "for my protection" . . . . . .

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has used it.

G

I got a Maestro pre-pay from the UK. It works for most UK based companies, paypal and all the online travel shops. But non UK online companies nearly always use Visa/Mastercard, so I'll be getting one of those next time I'm back in the UK.

They are very easy to get -just some ID; bank account ID, address, passport etc.

Can be topped up online, or you can even get somebody to top it up for you.

Fees are usually just one small payment a year, and a charge for international atm.

I like the fact that I will never owe anything on this card, unlike my others.

I think you might only get it from your home country though, not sure.

How can one get hold of a sort of pre-paid credit card? It would be visa or mastercard, and to avoid all the sign up requirement hassles, one would pay in advance of usage...

Any ideas or experiences?

Check out http://www.epassporte.com

I haven't signed up yet, but I'm going to, as CCBill will not accept my SCB Visa Credit "for my protection" . . . . . .

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has used it.

G

I just went thru the sign up process with epassporte, which was simple enough. However, after going thru everything they said I would need someone with an epassporte account to credit mine with $5. Not sure the reason or if I understand it, but I do not know anyone with this account.