Digital wallet to the rescue: PM bets on cashing in for Thailand’s economy

snoop1130

5 hours ago, bkknirvana said:

Digital wallets are a trap. See China's social credit scoring for evidence.

Pssst............China doesn't have a 'social credit score.'  That's falun gong propaganda, rehashed on disinformation websites.

There was a proposal by a provincial governor a decade ago, and a short-lived pilot project in a couple districts of one major metropolis, which never amounted to much.  But no, no 'social credit score.'

10 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Knit picking? I didnt say all. You want to read into it what you want ho ahead... if you didnt understand that it means that some thais in every category of thai be it hi so or even the disenfranchised  harbor resentment against foreigners well then you must struggle when peopld make inuendos or use double meanings

"Knit picking", LMAO.  

Now native English speakers and "even the lowest of Thais" are looking down on you, lol.

3 hours ago, Dan O said:

I'm in no way against gay marriage but fail to see any change in economics with or without a "marriage" bill approval. Gay couples are already dating, going out to dinner, socializing,  etc. Other than an actual ceremony and party, which is a one time event,  i cant see much other change or impact that would happen. Can you expand on that more to educate me/us on this issue?

google and see how Gay Marriage has boosted the economy in the countries who have it

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2019/6/26/the-economic-impact-of-same-sex-marriage

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/02/economy/same-sex-weddings-3-billion-trnd/index.html

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So as I mentioned the economic impact is fairly limited to the monies generated by the actual ceremony and parties without much other impact on growing the economy.

18 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Pssst............China doesn't have a 'social credit score.'  That's falun gong propaganda, rehashed on disinformation websites.

There was a proposal by a provincial governor a decade ago, and a short-lived pilot project in a couple districts of one major metropolis, which never amounted to much.  But no, no 'social credit score.'

Sorry, but I have met Chinese people in Thailand and they have all confirmed the social credit score. I even dated one in Chiang Mai and she showed me the Apps and how it all works.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bkknirvana said:

Sorry, but I have met Chinese people in Thailand and they have all confirmed the social credit score. I even dated one in Chiang Mai and she showed me the Apps and how it all works.

What are these apps of which you speak?  I spent nearly 15 years there in China, just recently retiring to Thailand. 

They have tracking apps for the covids and such, but not the 'social credit score' as depicted in the propaganda videos on the Youtubes.

Send me the names of the apps and I'll research 'em.  If you're correct, I definitely wanna know!!!!  I've been worng about things before. 

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

So is that a problem?? The domestic tourism is doing the same here in Thailand

Tourism brings in far more for the economy in multiple sectors across the board. The op implied there was the potential for a large impact to the economy which isn't really true. Some impact but fairly contained. Is it a problem, no and I didn't say it was. I was just clarifying. 

21 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

What are these apps of which you speak?  I spent nearly 15 years there in China, just recently retiring to Thailand. 

They have tracking apps for the covids and such, but not the 'social credit score' as depicted in the propaganda videos on the Youtubes.

Send me the names of the apps and I'll research 'em.  If you're correct, I definitely wanna know!!!!  I've been worng about things before. 

I can't remember the App names but if you think CBDCs and social credit scores are just propaganda, then you are a greater fool.

There are already apps in Europe to voluntarily track your carbon use. One day these won't be voluntary!

1 hour ago, bkknirvana said:

I can't remember the App names but if you think CBDCs and social credit scores are just propaganda, then you are a greater fool.

There are already apps in Europe to voluntarily track your carbon use. One day these won't be voluntary!

Okay, so you got nothing but propaganda.  Yet another anonymous yahoo on the intertubes says "All the Chinese people I met confirm it.  Trust me, bro!"

And of course they do.  That's why the reliance on Youtube propaganda dissemination sites to get the idea into the public perception.

Maybe next you can tell me all about "fields of EV's as far as the eye can see, abandoned by buyers all across China."  That's a good one!

On 9/14/2024 at 12:24 PM, bkknirvana said:

CCP are very active in denial propaganda, the material showing Chinese muslims living it up dancing about in paradise like surroundings on tik tok is just laughable.