How to treat the sudden full flow of urine without warning, farang male

scorecard

Well ... it all Depends  🙄

... yea, I know, weak, oops, did it again.  Sorry, couldn't help myself.   

Time to see a doc, as suggested.  Don't know myself of any meds that would help with that.  Good Luck

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Saw Palmetto pills can help (not fix). In Thailand called 'Sametto', available at any pharmacy.

Other than that, greatly reducing your sugar intake (in all forms) makes a big difference.

I already take 2 SAW PALMETTO middle of the day, every day, to reduce the number of times need to get up and urinate during the night. And they work.

Wondering if I should change to taking the SAW PALMETTO capsules at bed time? 

I agree, time to see a Urologist.

Ditropan Tabs 5mg 2x daily  is often prescribed for this condition - overactive bladder.

Generic name: Oxybutynin Chloride Tabs

A digital exam can usually eliminate if the cause is an enlarged prostate or something else.

I suggest go see a real urologist...not a clinic doctor.

Edited by NedR69
  • Agree 1

From Experience                             There is a urinary sphincter in your Prostate  the problem is somewhere there.  Go see a doctor      As for Adult Diapers             Lazada                             Brand   "Andlove"

large pack (100) 10 Baht each   good quality

20 hours ago, NedR69 said:

I agree, time to see a Urologist.

Ditropan Tabs 5mg 2x daily  is often prescribed for this condition - overactive bladder.

Generic name: Oxybutynin Chloride Tabs

A digital exam can usually eliminate if the cause is an enlarged prostate or something else.

I suggest go see a real urologist...not a clinic doctor.

Thanks for the information.

Are you aware of a pharmacy in Chiang Mai which sells Ditropan tablets?

Thanks again.

Edited by scorecard

Are you on any medication for blood pressure?  I was prescribed a couple, one of them, amlodipine, caused the same problem with me.  I have enlarged prostate, had radiation for prostate cancer nine years ago.  As soon as I stopped taking amlodipine the problem stopped.  Tried it again months later, same problem so stopped again.  Only take doxasozine now which keeps my blood pressure at the right level.

1 minute ago, AboutThaim said:

Are you on any medication for blood pressure?  I was prescribed a couple, one of them, amlodipine, caused the same problem with me.  I have enlarged prostate, had radiation for prostate cancer nine years ago.  As soon as I stopped taking amlodipine the problem stopped.  Tried it again months later, same problem so stopped again.  Only take doxasozine now which keeps my blood pressure at the right level.

Thanks for sharing. I am 79 years old, my blood pressure is well within the range for my age so no blood pressure medication.

And I have no other issues with my heart.

Recent comprehensive blood tests for annual health check (at a Chiang Mai hospital) showed my prostate to be just under the level for my age. (Also confirmed that I have no blood pressure issues.)

I have nerve damage caused by a spinal injury,  I usually have to sit to pee now as I have no sensation when it starts or stops and I have to sit for a while to ensure my bladder is empty. I can pee standing up but risk walking away before I finish, not having the usual sensation means a lot of it is guess work but sitting to pee is far safer for me. While I do have a prostate problem so far it has not caused more problems for me apart from making me get up a couple of times during the night, urologist has me on ulchocine 10 & prostasin 2 for the protate but I think it is time to get it changed as it doesnt work as well as it used to.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Thanks for the information.

Are you aware of a pharmacy in Chiang Mai which sells Ditropan tablets?

Thanks again.

Do not self meficate for a diagnosis that might not even apply.

There are several very different causes for this. You need a proper diagnosis.

Very good feedback on this doctor https://www.bangkokhospital-chiangmai.com/en/doctor/dr-wittawat-rawiyotai-m-d/

Bring recent test results with you. 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Recent comprehensive blood tests for annual health check (at a Chiang Mai hospital) showed my prostate to be just under the level for my age. 

What do you mean by that?

Are you referring yo PSA? Normal PSA dies not rule out benign prostatic enlargement. 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

What do you mean by that?

Are you referring yo PSA? Normal PSA dies not rule out benign prostatic enlargement. 

Had blood test at Chiang Mai hospital.

Result came from hospital lab.

Went into Dr's room and he gave me the report (photo below) showing 2.46.

Dr. commented 'you have no problems in regard to this test because 2.46 is just a little low for your age.'

No other comment from the Dr.

Just now, scorecard said:

Had blood test at Chiang Mai hospital.

Result came from hospital lab.

Went into Dr's room and he gave me the report (photo below) showing 2.46.

Dr. commented 'you have no problems in regard to this test because 2.46 is just a little low for your age.'

No other comment from the Dr.

image.png.50e59e98536c6c03d82b8c603dceaf56.png